The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Wars is just a progressive marketing gimmick now and they only dangle the member berries to drag along the true SW fans. KK thinks the dollar bills will flow in when you cater to new audience demographics, not your current one cause you already have it. Yeah, actually how much did you lose by doing that? Just like with politicians, deflect and blame something or someone else. "Oh, that wasn't my fault cause of [insert excuse]. I will keep my power cause I am still looking out for your best interest and the best way forward."

Best thing you can do is not give them money. But we all know that won't happen cause we all crave something new and POTENTIALLY interesting, yet inevitably disappointing.

I can't find it, cause it's a needle in a haystack, but I'm fairly sure Bill Burr made some comments about how much it sucks on his podcast, but he didn't name any names. He's very careful when it comes to the Hollywood politics game, but at the same time, he seems like a fiercely loyal dude that always has his friends' backs.

BTW....anyone else laugh when that new Boba Fett comic claimed "FINALLY!! The never before told story of Boba Fett taking Han Solo from Bespin to Tattooine!!"

Oh, you mean the highly publicized multi-media project Shadows of the Empire from over 20 years ago, that had a novel, a comic book, a toyline, a video game, and even its own soundtrack?

I get that they "erased" the old EU but to pretend it never happened is just idiotic. We have better memories about this stuff than the faux-"fans" that are actually employed by the company. But I guess it's always been that way with any hardcore fandom.

Supposedly Disney is going to release proof that GC was absolutely given a separation meeting and that she is willfully misleadingly if not outright lying to the media in an attempt as a counter attack

Lets see said the blind Matt Murdock

Regarding her marketing claim for season 2 I don?t remember there being any specific press tour from any actor it was just the trailers. I think the Star Wars show interviewed Giancarlo but that was it

I remember the big controversy during the marketing for S2 was actually Grace vs Pedro lol

I figured press tour was not done because of them trying to keep the Luke surprise from leaking
1ca6e6fe79a471e27dceb7a8804137e2.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

At first I highly doubted her firing happened over social media but then I remembered that WB revealed to the world that all of their theatrical movies would be on HBO Max on the same opening day as the theaters without ever informing:

Banks who financed the movies
Insurance companies
Production companies
Talent Acquisition Agency Lawyers
Producers
Directors
Actors
Unions

So hell yeah I totally buy it that she was fired over social media lol

Supposedly Disney is going to release proof that GC was absolutely given a separation meeting and that she is willfully misleadingly if not outright lying to the media in an attempt as a counter attack

Lets see said the blind Matt Murdock

Regarding her marketing claim for season 2 I don’t remember there being any specific press tour from any actor it was just the trailers. I think the Star Wars show interviewed Giancarlo but that was it

I remember the big controversy during the marketing for S2 was actually Grace vs Pedro lol

I figured press tour was not done because of them trying to keep the Luke surprise from leaking

Don't lecture me, Jye. I see through the lies of the Disney. I do not fear the Woke Mob as you do!

With Gina Carano fired from Lucasfilm, many “Star Wars” fans have been left wondering whether or not Carano’s character, Cara Dune, will be recast for “The Mandalorian” Season 3 and other future spinoff projects. A Disney spokesperson confirms to IndieWire that Cara Dune will not be recast.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/02/lucasfilm-recast-gina-carano-cara-dune-mandalorian-1234617377/

Suppose Disney - probably rightly - assumes that throwing in Sabine Wren and/or whatever other character from the Filoni-verse - or just speeding up a planned timetable for that matter - will have most ignoring the whole thing by next year.

So awkward, considering character-wise Cara Dune had Mando's back for 2 seasons. A non-romance dynamic widely praised. Someone's gonna come out with a Kiss of Death meme about Din D'jarin - everyone (except the Child 'coz plot armor) who befriends him dies. Carl Weathers had better quit while he's ahead.

"FINALLY!! The never before told story of Boba Fett taking Han Solo from Bespin to Tattooine!!"

:lol

Be awesome if it was just a series of cells picturing Fett piloting his ship, bored, humming Jabba's Palace song, then when he arrives he simply waits while Jabba's goons offload Han. The he leaves, spurs jingling.... for the NEXT exciting adventure!

Be awesome if it was just a series of cells picturing Fett piloting his ship, bored, humming Jabba's Palace song, then when he arrives he simply waits while Jabba's goons offload Han. The he leaves, spurs jingling.... for the NEXT exciting adventure!

No kidding, lol.

"The Untold Story of Boba Fett entering hyperspace, leaving hyperspace and then...landing."

For me that's one of the things that angers me the most - the woman wasn't even given a chance to explain herself. So, OK, maybe her agents or Disney had told her to tone it down in the past. But there's no evidence of that so far.

Just feels cheap, like LFL is falling over themselves after their guy got snarky about the YTuber re the Luke thing. Disney and its horrible pandering (not that China noticed re Mulan, apparently).

Also as a consumer, who does not belong to Twitter, and doesn't spend hours online stalking celeb instagrams etc., basically I feel like my viewing choices are being dictated by a minority of folks - vs. the millions who aren't online, but just sit down at the end of the day to watch a show. Disney didn't bother to ask the rest of the paying public what they thought.

What I think is, if I am served up pablum, I will switch to watching Netflix.:pfft:

I love the sentiment that nuance is the key to understanding everything in this situation. People just seem to be over sensitive these days and it pays off to be offended. There are those who scour the interwebs trying to find the next villain to dog pile on. Far be it for me to put words in her mouth, but I understood her as saying don?t demonize your neighbor for their political opinions because it could lead us to a place we?ve already been and don?t want to repeat.

That being said we all know that the left dominates Hollywood, the media, academia, and social media. If you have an opinion not shared by the majority of your industry you will be under fire if you share that opinion. Especially if you are a high profile target working for a company who does not like a certain kind of bad press. It would hurt their shareholders bottom line and we just can?t have that.

Now if she had come out and demonized Disney for their endorsement of the CCP and their concentration camps I?m sure she would have been fired before she could hit send on the tweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the ****ing morons that dog piled onto her (including those from LFL itself) don't even realize that her tweet WAS NOT PARTISAN. Either side can lay claim to "yeah don't dehumanize us." Regardless of whether you think the metaphor was extreme at it's core all it was really saying was "can't we all just get along." To which Disney replied with an emphatic NO.

And Gina is now stating that she learned about her firing from social media. What slimy cowards.

To me the actual problem with Carano's tweet is not so much the idea of how Nazis slowly brainwashed (a probably already bigoted society) into blaming and then hating jews, which is how it happened -radicalising and already angry society- but to compare that to political views. You can have an argument about politics, but to equate racial an religious persecution with political views is just completely wrong.

Did she deserve to be fired because of it? I don't know, but if her views are so contrary to the company's views, why should they keep her on? Companies like Disney invest a lot of money into their product, and actors are public figures who represent said product. If they become a problem for the image the company is trying to sell through their products it makes no sense to keep them on. Chris Pratt is a conservative as far as I know, but nobody's thinking about firing him, are they?

Don't lecture me, Jye. I see through the lies of the Disney. I do not fear the Woke Mob as you do!

Well hold on for a second here

While it is possible that Disney leaked her separation to THR and she unfortunately learned about it via social media let me remind you that Disney is one of the largest corporations in the world with the largest HR and Legal departments that are required to follow all federal and state labor laws.

Gina is also a SAG member so there are those employment laws that both she and Disney are required to follow

I find it hard to believe that Disney invested that much money into their HR and Legal departments and lets NOT forget how much they invested on Gina herself just to throw it all away and risk legal liability by firing her over social media.

She was warned by Disney in the past yet she continued knowing very well what collision path she was on

Hey anything is possible but that is quite a gamble on their part.

Now if Disney is not consistent with their discipline process that is on them to correct their own bad behavior BUT just because they are not consistent does it automatically mean they won?t fire anyone ever.

That being said I bet that Disney and Gina are currently having ongoing communications

Last edited:
To me the actual problem with Carano's tweet is not so much the idea of how Nazis slowly brainwashed (a probably already bigoted society) into blaming and then hating jews, which is how it happened -radicalising and already angry society- but to compare that to political views. You can have an argument about politics, but to equate racial an religious persecution with political views is just completely wrong.

Did she deserve to be fired because of it? I don't know, but if her views are so contrary to the company's views, why should they keep her on? Companies like Disney invest a lot of money into their product, and actors are public figures who represent said product. If they become a problem for the image the company is trying to sell through their products it makes no sense to keep them on. Chris Pratt is a conservative as far as I know, but nobody's thinking about firing him, are they?

On the face of it, no, she didn't deserve to be fired, since, reading her comment carefully, she was making a comment, not directly attacking anyone. It wasn't a slur. It was insensitive and way over-the-top, and other things, but imagine any number of people would lose their jobs for the clumsy, insensitive, ridiculous stuff that comes out of their mouths.

So my first question would be, what did her contract say; and what was her level of understanding as to what working for Disney would entail? Was she - or anyone else working for Disney, be told the nanosecond they are hired, that they are now officially a company representative, and here is what you can and can't say in public. Many jobs are specific that way. Evidently detailed filters tho, don't apply to Pascal, or James Gunn, or even LFL staff (oh, and it was ok for Pratt to just give up on his aging cat over Twitter - bein' an animal lover - well, am not impressed, just sayin', like he couldn't afford to talk to a vet etc. the *&^%$. But I was done after IW and GOTG2 anyway.)

It could be argued that people should just "know" this on the job re representing your job 24/7; but I'd argue that everyone is still struggling with the blurry lines that the immediate access the Internet offers, and the lines between public/private life. Given the woman's background, I'd cut her more slack than I would someone with an Ivy league education, well versed in politics and phony Hollywood speak.

My second question would be, did Disney - with its secrecy and hypercontrolling mania and substantial budget, at any time drag her into the office to have a discussion previously. It could be argued that too bad, lots of jobs where a person (who is a problem) - you get fired as fast as the pink slip can get signed - but this is DISNEY. Supposedly a company that makes millions on the warm and fuzzy. A company who spews out films with female heroines who are "rebellious" and different blah blah. Dealing with an actress who may have rough edges, but apparently really cared about what she was doing. Didn't she at least deserve a 20-minute meeting with an HR rep? - after all, even from an economic standpoint, Disney had already invested quite a lot in Carano.

My last question would be, did Disney even bother to consider the disruption in the REST of the fan base, everyone from the international community to mostly non social media users to the folks quitting D+ at this point. Because, IMO, Disney based its decision on the anonymous remarks (some of which were aggressive) from a group of Twitter users.

IMO Disney has spoken with its interference and poor handling of a situation with one of its top shows - as a consumer, my take-away is that Disney is not targeting its products at me (tho I guessed that from its future MCU lineup:pfft:). Also a horribly hypocritical company with poor management, happy to squeeze the life out of its top original projects with micromanaging.

Ah... the old 'can't we just be friends' discussion.

Even with her acting disabilities she actually became a very popular character on the show so anything is possible when it comes to putting out PR fires

She threw it all away for politics so unless she is seeking a lucrative political career she done messed up big time

Even with her acting disabilities she actually became a very popular character on the show so anything is possible when it comes to putting out PR fires

She threw it all away for politics so unless she is seeking a lucrative political career she done messed up big time

That needs emphasis. Surprised they at one point thought she could carry a spinoff show TBH. Don't think she should have been fired, though.

BTW....anyone else laugh when that new Boba Fett comic claimed "FINALLY!! The never before told story of Boba Fett taking Han Solo from Bespin to Tattooine!!"

Oh, you mean the highly publicized multi-media project Shadows of the Empire from over 20 years ago, that had a novel, a comic book, a toyline, a video game, and even its own soundtrack?

I get that they "erased" the old EU but to pretend it never happened is just idiotic. We have better memories about this stuff than the faux-"fans" that are actually employed by the company. But I guess it's always been that way with any hardcore fandom.

Shades of Galaxy Quest. And Shadows was the *second* time they showed what happened after ESB! The old Marvel series was first.

In Shadows Boba talked to Han...

6976f7e7baf45d5f366c6fb639baee25.jpg

The irony is, the rise of Trump (and far-Right politics worldwide) has been likened to the rise of Nazism for the past several years. And pretty much every US president (even Dem) has been likened to Hitler at one point or another (an exaggeration, I know). But invoking the Holocaust adds that extra layer of sensitivity.

TBH don't think that's fair either - she had improved a lot by Season 2, IMO no different than Hemsworth, who didn't blow me away with his early work. But he looked like I'd imagine a movie Thor *shrug*.

Back