The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone should write a documentary on the mess of Disney Star wars.

I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. You can be as unbiased as one can be and you’ll still come under fire for someone finding out you threw a piece of bubble gum wrapper out the window, on a family road trip, when you were 6. There’s literally no benefit to whoever gets tasked with that book:lol

I just wrote a long angry letter to the Egyptian government.
I demanded for the pyramids, and all the temples in the Valley of The Kings to be torn down, destroyed, and erased from history.
As a Jew, they are an ugly monument and a painful reminder of the oppressions my people sufferer erecting them while enslaved by the Pharaohs.

I did not hear back from them yet. I'm sure a positive reply is on the way.

Your take on this situation with Gina is interesting and admirable. I read your previous writeup about your family's history and I am truly sorry for your losses. One of my dearest friends in the world is a Jewish man who I have learned a lot from. His father recently passed away in his 90s after joining the military and fighting as an artillery gunner during WWII. If I thought for a second that Gina's comments were intended to be antisemitic I would throw her under the bus as quickly as anyone. I also find it interesting that it seems her harshest critics are not Jewish.

Your take on this situation with Gina is interesting and admirable. I read your previous writeup about your family's history and I am truly sorry for your losses. One of my dearest friends in the world is a Jewish man who I have learned a lot from. His father recently passed away in his 90s after joining the military and fighting as an artillery gunner during WWII. If I thought for a second that Gina's comments were intended to be antisemitic I would throw her under the bus as quickly as anyone. I also find it interesting that it seems her harshest critics are not Jewish.

Thank you for the kind word.
And as for current events - Lots of people tend to react with a virtual knee-jerk, without stopping for a minute to really digest and understand what is being said, written, etc. It's a sad mindset, really...

Another sad reality is that groups of adults are not able to have a conversation or a discussion without being moderated. Not talking about this board specifically, but any, or most social platforms. We've turned into a society where most, for one reason or another, are afraid to speak their minds, or allow others to express theirs. At first, it might look like the right thing to do but history teaches up otherwise.
I really hope I'm wrong.

I just wrote a long angry letter to the Egyptian government.
I demanded for the pyramids, and all the temples in the Valley of The Kings to be torn down, destroyed, and erased from history.
As a Jew, they are an ugly monument and a painful reminder of the oppressions my people sufferer erecting them while enslaved by the Pharaohs.

I did not hear back from them yet. I'm sure a positive reply is on the way.

:rotfl

This is perfect. Needs to be a t-shirt somehow.

We're in a world where you can't say anything without the lynch mob coming out in full pitchforks. My wife watches The Bachelor show and the host just had to step down because he "defended" a contestant because a photo came out of her being at an old plantation party back in 2018. Whether that's right or wrong is one thing, but all he said was to maybe give her a chance to explain herself. That clearly did not go well, so I imagine every celebrity's PR Team are on high alert with everything right now.

For me that's one of the things that angers me the most - the woman wasn't even given a chance to explain herself. So, OK, maybe her agents or Disney had told her to tone it down in the past. But there's no evidence of that so far.

Just feels cheap, like LFL is falling over themselves after their guy got snarky about the YTuber re the Luke thing. Disney and its horrible pandering (not that China noticed re Mulan, apparently).

Also as a consumer, who does not belong to Twitter, and doesn't spend hours online stalking celeb instagrams etc., basically I feel like my viewing choices are being dictated by a minority of folks - vs. the millions who aren't online, but just sit down at the end of the day to watch a show. Disney didn't bother to ask the rest of the paying public what they thought.

What I think is, if I am served up pablum, I will switch to watching Netflix.:pfft:

I love the sentiment that nuance is the key to understanding everything in this situation. People just seem to be over sensitive these days and it pays off to be offended. There are those who scour the interwebs trying to find the next villain to dog pile on. Far be it for me to put words in her mouth, but I understood her as saying don?t demonize your neighbor for their political opinions because it could lead us to a place we?ve already been and don?t want to repeat.

That being said we all know that the left dominates Hollywood, the media, academia, and social media. If you have an opinion not shared by the majority of your industry you will be under fire if you share that opinion. Especially if you are a high profile target working for a company who does not like a certain kind of bad press. It would hurt their shareholders bottom line and we just can?t have that.

Now if she had come out and demonized Disney for their endorsement of the CCP and their concentration camps I?m sure she would have been fired before she could hit send on the tweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the ****ing morons that dog piled onto her (including those from LFL itself) don't even realize that her tweet WAS NOT PARTISAN. Either side can lay claim to "yeah don't dehumanize us." Regardless of whether you think the metaphor was extreme at it's core all it was really saying was "can't we all just get along." To which Disney replied with an emphatic NO.

And Gina is now stating that she learned about her firing from social media. What slimy cowards.

Just to get back on semi-topic, it looks like Marvel will have a limited comic series starting in May with Fett that takes place in between ESB & ROTJ. I wonder how much groundwork they'll try to squeeze in before the BOBF show starts. I just wanna see where he parks the Slave 1 before it's all over:lol

bobafett_nowheretohide_reveal_1.jpg

war-of-bounty-hunters-alpha-cover-0215.jpg

Interesting comments from Gina herself on what happened. It seems a little unprofessional if true.

?Earlier on last year before ?The Mandalorian? came out, they wanted me to use their exact wording for an apology over pronoun usage,? Carano said. ?I declined and offered a statement in my own words. I made clear I wanted nothing to do with mocking the transgender community, and was just drawing attention to the abuse of the mob in forcing people to put pronouns in their bio.?

According to Carano, Lucasfilm?s reaction to her not using their apology statement was excluding her from all press and promotion for ?The Mandalorian? Season 2.

?That was heartbreaking, but I didn?t want to take away from the hard work of everyone who worked on the project, so I said ok,? Carano added. ?That was the last time I was contacted about any type of public statement or apology from Lucasfilm. I found out through social media, like everyone else, that I had been fired.?

Gina fired, Lucasfilm defended that High Republic host, and today I'm seeing articles that Rian Johnson's trilogy is still happening. It's almost as if Kennedy is making it known she is still in charge.

Last edited:
ST Haters: "We saw a security hologram of Rian Johnson...writing the tweet that announced Carano's firing."

ST Fans: "What? No."

ST Haters: "We were deceived by a lie, we all were."

RJ: "I have brought peace, justice, and security to my new trilogy."

ST Haters: "Your new trilogy!? Rian my allegiance is to George Lucas, to Filoni! Kathleen Kennedy is evil!"

RJ: "From my point of view the retcon is evil!"

ST Haters: "Then you are lost!"

;)

ST Haters: "We saw a security hologram of Rian Johnson...writing the tweet that announced Carano's firing."

ST Fans: "What? No."

ST Haters: "We were deceived by a lie, we all were."

RJ: "I have brought peace, justice, and security to my new trilogy."

ST Haters: "Your new trilogy!? Rian my allegiance is to George Lucas, to Filoni! Kathleen Kennedy is evil!"

RJ: "From my point of view the retcon is evil!"

ST Haters: "Then you are lost!"

;)

Oh my God! I laughed too hard at that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This situation just continues to get more and more bizarre. If Rian Johnson gets his trilogy as is now being suggested it's probably time to quit Star Wars post season 2 of The Mandalorian. I'll take a hard look at what Favreau and Filoni are going to do but nothing else. Probably just exclusively collect the OT and seasons one and two of The Mandalorian. Maybe something from Clone Wars here or there. If Gina is telling the truth about how she was fired this is just despicable.

I'm not surprised by Disney's actions. It is clear there is political bias going on because Gina is on the right and everyone else at Disney is on the left. So much for tolerance. After all the garbage multiple employees put on social media, from the High Republic racists saying white guys are waste of carbon among other things to Pedro's firebale posts (as established by Disney), and this is how Disney responds.... it is oh so clear the message being sent.

Star Wars is suffering because of political overreach and belief in ideological superiority. A franchise that framed the Empire as such will now fail. The franchise became the very thing they swore to destroy. Ironic.

I think I'm done supporting Disney. They have no issues with concentration camps. They have no issues with white hate. They have no issue with black hate as long as it comes from China. They have no issues with minimizing the Holocaust as long as you do it from the right (left) angle.

A ****** ****ing company being ****ing ruined by a bunch of ****ing freaks.

What I'm starting to realize with these movie companies is that its not about what the fans want anymore or how much money will be lost in the process if the fans hate what's being put out. Its about the subversive ideology the studio wants to shove down our throats.

Rian's TLJ was a puke fest. Jar Jar Abrams wasn't much better. Yet they tell us they want to make a trilogy with that guy in charge after it bombed so hard? Did they ask the Star Wars community who they think is best for the job? Naw. Just keep going down the same path as if the community absolutely loved it.

Listen to what George said about the underlying theme of Star Wars and how it connects to our world. He said this while Kathleen was right next to him. He basically told her the essence of Star Wars so she can't say "he never told me". He knows she hasn't done the series justice, just like all the fans know.

This has to be ,for me, the most important thing I've seen George discuss about Star Wars' underlying core themes. The story is structured in such a way that you can view it from many different angles, and you can make the connection to something deeper based on your own experiences and knowledge in life.

What I'm starting to realize with these movie companies is that its not about what the fans want anymore or how much money will be lost in the process if the fans hate what's being put out. Its about the subversive ideology the studio wants to shove down our throats.

Rian's TLJ was a puke fest. Jar Jar Abrams wasn't much better. Yet they tell us they want to make a trilogy with that guy in charge after it bombed so hard? Did they ask the Star Wars community who they think is best for the job? Naw. Just keep going down the same path as if the community absolutely loved it.

Listen to what George said about the underlying theme of Star Wars and how it connects to our world. He said this while Kathleen was right next to him. He basically told her the essence of Star Wars so she can't say "he never told me". He knows she hasn't done the series justice, just like all the fans know.

This has to be ,for me, the most important thing I've seen George discuss about Star Wars' underlying core themes. The story is structured in such a way that you can view it from many different angles, and you can make the connection to something deeper based on your own experiences and knowledge in life.

I wish I could see George's reaction to this board meeting:lol

ZZ0231609F.jpg

[...] Listen to what George said about the underlying theme of Star Wars and how it connects to our world. He said this while Kathleen was right next to him. He basically told her the essence of Star Wars so she can't say "he never told me". He knows she hasn't done the series justice, just like all the fans know. [...]

Always two there are, a Director, and a Producer. Is it any surprise that she betrayed him and took his place?

I blame George. Shoulda taken all the PT hate on the chin and just got on with 7, 8 and 9 then buried the whole franchise and enjoyed his retirement. Semi /s.

Supposedly Disney is going to release proof that GC was absolutely given a separation meeting and that she is willfully misleadingly if not outright lying to the media in an attempt as a counter attack

Lets see said the blind Matt Murdock

Regarding her marketing claim for season 2 I don’t remember there being any specific press tour from any actor it was just the trailers. I think the Star Wars show interviewed Giancarlo but that was it

I remember the big controversy during the marketing for S2 was actually Grace vs Pedro lol

I figured press tour was not done because of them trying to keep the Luke surprise from leaking

Last edited:
Back