The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they start sneaking little bits of ST stuff into the new shows there are going to be some members here who will have a major meltdown.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to it. :lol

I really do find it funny that there are some Doomcockers that genuinely think that LFL would seriously consider de-canonizing the ST. I mean really how would they even get the word out to the general public that they were even doing such a thing? Have some scene set way in the future with elderly Ahsoka sitting on a park bench watching grown Grogu play with his kids while she says "The New Republic came and went. Nothing much happened. Sy Snootles turned forty. There was no Starkiller Base. People went to work as they always do, laughed, complained, watched holovids, made love. I wanted to run down the street yelling... to grab them all and say 'Every day from this day on is a gift. Use it well!'"

I really do find it funny that there are some Doomcockers that genuinely think that LFL would seriously consider de-canonizing the ST. I mean really how would they even get the word out to the general public that they were even doing such a thing? Have some scene set way in the future with elderly Ahsoka sitting on a park bench watching grown Grogu play with his kids while she says "The New Republic came and went. Nothing much happened. Sy Snootles turned forty. There was no Starkiller Base. People went to work as they always do, laughed, complained, watched holovids, made love. I wanted to run down the street yelling... to grab them all and say 'Every day from this day on is a gift. Use it well!'"

I understood that reference!
tenor.gif

The more I think about where this season left off, the more I believe the parts I put in bold will be the case. Beyond the money/buzz these two characters are generating, Luke's involvement in this story now almost makes it impossible not to go further with it.

When live-action Thrawn hits the scene, he's not going to be commanding some tiny insignificant faction. If so, what a complete waste. Instead, I expect his threat to be beyond legit. At that point, having Luke sit out that fight - and thus also having no Grogu during this phase - would be nuts.

A live-action semi adaptation of the Thrawn Trilogy coming up? I wouldn't be surprised. Not using Luke in it now? That *would* surprise me.

And yeah, also money talks. Grogu is where the general audience money is. Luke is where the hardcore fan money is. So, is Disney just gonna sit on that combo and not use them as much as they can? Not likely, imo.

LFL will earn major respect from me if they let go of the easy money with Luke and Grogu and close that narrative in favor of charting new territory with the other characters.

I'd love to see their version of a Thrawn trilogy but don't want to see CG or recast OT characters. Find a way to do Thrawn but with different heroes like they did in Rebels. Find a way to do it with Han, Luke, and Leia only having super brief cameos and otherwise existing off screen and only referenced through dialogue of the on screen heroes.

I would agree with you if not for seeing that the logo for the Ahsoka show incorporates the World Between Worlds.

As you know, that can be used to alter timelines. That cheap plot device is what all these doomcockian rumors were based on. So, it's not entirely an impossibility anymore. That WBW aspect to the Ahsoka show could just be related to finding Ezra and/or Thrawn. But it could also be to get a glimpse of future horrors and step in to alter them. It's on the table, even if not likely.

:lol :lol :lol

I would agree with you if not for seeing that the logo for the Ahsoka show incorporates the World Between Worlds.

As you know, that can be used to alter timelines. That cheap plot device is where all these doomcockian rumors were based on. So, it's not entirely an impossibility anymore. That WBW aspect to the Ahsoka show could just be related to finding Ezra and/or Thrawn. But it could also be to get a glimpse of future horrors and step in to alter them. It's on the table, even if not likely.

See even if they do something dumb with Ahsoka and "worlds between worlds" to alter timelines that still doesn't "decanonize" the ST. Just like Judgment Day in the Terminator movies is still a thing even if the heroes stop it. Or two different Thanoses in IW/EG. Sure you could say that in both cases there were events that happened in one timeline that were prevented in the other but the original timelines of said stories still didn't get retconned out of those franchises as somehow never having happened.

From what I can tell people are thinking that LFL is somehow gonna go full retcon the way Superman Returns picked up from Superman II basically erasing Part III from the entire series. Or Dark Fate acting like the Terminator 3 and Genysis movies were never made. That just ain't gonna happen.

Yeah I'd settle for a new prime timeline that doesn't need to sync up to the existing ST in any way. Han & Leia are free to have Jacen, Jaina and Anakin and have merely a 1 in 3 parenting fail ratio instead of 100 ****ing percent :lol

I was hoping you'd read that post, lol. :D

Sy Snootles turning 40 :lol

Retcon the ST ??? , That might be the most stupid thing I have ever heard on this forum.

There is a zero chance that will happen.

What will happen , it?s every series done between OT and ST will in some way add to the trail between them. It?s already happening. ST is cannon , like it or not.

Every post OT show will Definitely eventually tie into the ST . I suggest if you hate the ST that much , jump off soon as that?s where they are going.

Obi show will link PT to OT.

Mando will link OT to ST , I doubt it will literally run right up to that current time, but it will absolutely show more of how the first order came about , and how the new republic failed.

Disney is making money off the ST also. There is some kind of mass delusion my older fans that makes them believe there is not an entire generation of new fans AND old fans that love the ST and the character in them.

I can speak from first hand experience of how crowded Galaxy?s Edge was pre Covid, and how when the Rey actor and the Kylo actor were out people mobbed them.

The virtual lines for the Rise of the Resistance were literally taken up for the entire day within minutes every day in the Spring. People were at the parks as early as 4 am to ride that and it?s a ride entirely based on the ST.

I know people really hate the ST, good for them, but reality is reality, and like the PT before it, the ST has its fans , and they will only grow over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To casual fans (something nerds like us have trouble conceiving of) Star Wars is just Star Wars in that it all kinda blurs together for them. They're in it briefly for the lightsabers and the dog fights and they get on with their lives. :rotfl

:lol imagine clinging to this, so sad:(. Legos are great and all, love the sets but I doubt many people even know "shows" like The Yoda Chronicles even exist. What a pathetic fate for the forgotten characters of the ST.

Yup. Very sad. It's ironic really. All those ST defenders on youtube like to say it is a kids show featuring space wizards... well they sure got their wish with the Lego stuff.

You know how big of a failure the ST was? They don't even get their own Lego Star Wars trilogy video game. They made TFA and that was it cause it was so bad. :lol

For the record I tried to change this before you saw it.. It was kinda dickish statement.

But when you repeat yourself over and over.. Well its more sad then anything else. But other then that I usually have no issues with your posts.

:slap

When I repeat myself over and over?

Do you ever read any other posts here? Geezus. Do you read your own posts? :lol

Is that a trump impression.. It sounds like a trump impression. :lol

At least I read that and I hear his voice.

Yeah :lol

I pretty much hate the comics. They do nothing for me. I tried some of the TZ novels.. They were OK.. I liked the Thrawn character but I never got threw his 2nd book. Maybe I should give some of them another try.

The original Thrawn trilogy was great.

If you like stuff improving the PT and care enough to read about it, the Darth Plagueis Saga was really great too.

Of course not

:lol

Damn ducky you killin em boy. Lol.

Always do. :duff

I can?t believe we are in the topic of the ST being a thing. Look at the mando and the new announced projects . All PT and OT inspired . No rey Disney plus show . No kylo ren or knight of ren show. No Poe show. It?s done. The fanbase is a very small minority of people that even the Snyder fanbase is bigger than . It?s failed . Move on. People thought Disney could do better than Lucas and once they failed they dragged there feet back to him and the stories he made.

It may not be retconned but it has failed and doesn?t sell

Exactly. No KOR show is probably the biggest shocker if you actually believe the ST is oh so popular.

His species likes to go into hiding when the going gets tuff ;)

Its 20 plus years before Kylo turns.. No reason to think Grogu even needs Luke anymore.. Probably off on his own adventures. Soon to be seen on a Disney + station near you.

It took him 50 years to act like a two year old. I doubt he will be speaking and talking and taking care of himself in 20 years. Probably will take another 50-100 years.

What are you talking about? I have an entire trilogy to "cling to" if I want to watch the ST characters in action.

Forgotten characters of the ST? That's nonsense. Everybody knows Kylo Ren, Rey, and BB-8.
But good luck finding any random person on the street who can tell you what the title character's name of the Mandalorian is.

:lol:lol:lol

Come on.

Google trends for the last five years comparing

The Mandalorian show vs Rey

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=/g/11fd6dg0by,/g/11b7nrrkrn

Baby Yoda vs BB-8

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=baby yoda,bb-8

More people know the combo of Mando and Baby Yoda than any combo/character from the ST

Regardless of what you think of the ST Disney is making no effort to run from it (Holiday Special easily proves it whether you like it or not) nor is there the slightest hint that they would even considering remaking Episodes "VII," "VIII," and IX." Which is the only way you'll ever get your retcon. Anything short of that will just come across as different stories set at different times and will always assume to end up linking to the ST.

No effort to run from it? Yes they are. Where are the new ST centric shows? Where are they? Where are the new ST novels and comics following your new heroes? Where are they? Where is ANY ST merchandise? Where is it?

And you know your precious lego holiday special? That isn't even all about the ST, it is about Rey travelling back to the OT! They can't even make a 40 minute lego special on a streaming service meant solely for kids without having to drag the OT back in to carry the show! :lol:lol:lol

The more I think about where this season left off, the more I believe the parts I put in bold will be the case. Beyond the money/buzz these two characters are generating, Luke's involvement in this story now almost makes it impossible not to go further with it.

When live-action Thrawn hits the scene, he's not going to be commanding some tiny insignificant faction. If so, what a complete waste. Instead, I expect his threat to be beyond legit. At that point, having Luke sit out that fight - and thus also having no Grogu during this phase - would be nuts.

A live-action semi adaptation of the Thrawn Trilogy coming up? I wouldn't be surprised. Not using Luke in it now? That *would* surprise me.

And yeah, also money talks. Grogu is where the general audience money is. Luke is where the hardcore fan money is. So, is Disney just gonna sit on that combo and not use them as much as they can? Not likely, imo.

All this post tells me is ST retcon ST retcon ST retcon.

Too much money on the table to be left in a TV show. Too much hype to disappear.

Not gonna lie... I don't know Mando's full name.. I only started noticing it when it was getting mentioned here all the time with the Din / Grogu goodbye :lol

I suck at names though :lol

I know this.. If the ST gets retconed.. I know that I will still go on..

If they start sneaking little bits of ST stuff into the new shows there are going to be some members here who will have a major meltdown.

Either way one of us gets to say I told you but only one of the sides if they win will get to watch the show of grown men having temper tantrums :lol

Darth Ducky the Wise is never wrong.

Don't lecture me, Jaws! I see through the lies of Disney. I do not fear the ST Retcon as you do. I will bring great characters, stories, designs, and acting to my new Canon!

They already introduced it in Rebels and the fact they are mentioning Thrawn and Ezra tells me it is happening. World Between Worlds. Time Travel. Clock is ticking on the ST being retconned as an alternative timeline of what would happen if Luke continues on his current path... that is why he is going to train Grogu.

ST retcon will happen in Mando when Luke and Grogu stop the cloning process of Palpatine by stealing back Grogu's blood and destroying the facilities. World Between Worlds will be introduced and explain it as an alternative timeline. Enter new trilogy and ST retcon

LFL will earn major respect from me if they let go of the easy money with Luke and Grogu and close that narrative in favor of charting new territory with the other characters.

I'd love to see their version of a Thrawn trilogy but don't want to see CG or recast OT characters. Find a way to do Thrawn but with different heroes like they did in Rebels. Find a way to do it with Han, Luke, and Leia only having super brief cameos and otherwise existing off screen and only referenced through dialogue of the on screen heroes.

Why would they ever close Luke/Grogu narrative? The most popular scene in Star Wars in a looong time. That is the future. Not Luke/Rey, but Luke/Grogu

The worst thing to happen to the world -- this who multiverse thing.

Now, like the internet, everyone can have their own reality. Because, as we can all see, since it makes the real world such a better place, then it will make make-believe worlds better too.

Don't like your reality -- we'll change it for you. We'll retcon whatever you like. Make it better for you. Easier to swallow. Settle back. Relax. Enjoy.

Yup. Very sad. It's ironic really. All those ST defenders on youtube like to say it is a kids show featuring space wizards... well they sure got their wish with the Lego stuff.

You know how big of a failure the ST was? They don't even get their own Lego Star Wars trilogy video game. They made TFA and that was it cause it was so bad. :lol

:slap

When I repeat myself over and over?

Do you ever read any other posts here? Geezus. Do you read your own posts? :lol

Yeah :lol

The original Thrawn trilogy was great.

If you like stuff improving the PT and care enough to read about it, the Darth Plagueis Saga was really great too.

:lol

Always do. :duff

Exactly. No KOR show is probably the biggest shocker if you actually believe the ST is oh so popular.

It took him 50 years to act like a two year old. I doubt he will be speaking and talking and taking care of himself in 20 years. Probably will take another 50-100 years.

:lol:lol:lol

Come on.

Google trends for the last five years comparing

The Mandalorian show vs Rey

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=/g/11fd6dg0by,/g/11b7nrrkrn

Baby Yoda vs BB-8

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=baby yoda,bb-8

More people know the combo of Mando and Baby Yoda than any combo/character from the ST

No effort to run from it? Yes they are. Where are the new ST centric shows? Where are they? Where are the new ST novels and comics following your new heroes? Where are they? Where is ANY ST merchandise? Where is it?

And you know your precious lego holiday special? That isn't even all about the ST, it is about Rey travelling back to the OT! They can't even make a 40 minute lego special on a streaming service meant solely for kids without having to drag the OT back in to carry the show! :lol:lol:lol

All this post tells me is ST retcon ST retcon ST retcon.

Too much money on the table to be left in a TV show. Too much hype to disappear.

Darth Ducky the Wise is never wrong.

Don't lecture me, Jaws! I see through the lies of Disney. I do not fear the ST Retcon as you do. I will bring great characters, stories, designs, and acting to my new Canon!

They already introduced it in Rebels and the fact they are mentioning Thrawn and Ezra tells me it is happening. World Between Worlds. Time Travel. Clock is ticking on the ST being retconned as an alternative timeline of what would happen if Luke continues on his current path... that is why he is going to train Grogu.

ST retcon will happen in Mando when Luke and Grogu stop the cloning process of Palpatine by stealing back Grogu's blood and destroying the facilities. World Between Worlds will be introduced and explain it as an alternative timeline. Enter new trilogy and ST retcon

Why would they ever close Luke/Grogu narrative? The most popular scene in Star Wars in a looong time. That is the future. Not Luke/Rey, but Luke/Grogu

I read all your post and what if this retcon you want so much, using the "World Between Worlds", is just for episode 9?
Disney wont erase Kylo Ren or Rey, but they can change ROS to a point that the whole end for the saga gets a new meaning, if they stop the cloning process, Kylo is the new antagonist just like the "Duel of Fates" Script.
Rey is a nobody, Kylo is the new Emperor, Finn becomes a guerrilla leader, Rose gets more screen time, Poe dont change much, Luke became the all powerfull ghost of christmas past to Kylo and the people is the one who figths the First Order.
You're best bet in a retcon is leaving TFA and TLJ and erasing ROS, Disney would never erase 3 movies, but one is a possibility.

So I just finished torrenting the crap out of The Mandalorian, and I must say, overall I liked this season better than the first one. The overall quality of the episodes seemed much more balanced.
Just a few loose thoughts:
(I'm going to assume this thread is open to spoilers, but if not, let me know and I'll put spoiler tags)

- The music still seems crap to me. It's completely un-Star Wars-y to me, and what's the point in doing a Star Wars series if you're not going to keep a stylistic element as important as the music? And to make it worse, they didn't even keep a coherent musical style throughout the different episodes, it was just all over the place.
- The sound design and sound effects were odd. The ships and blasters sounded way too much like regular planes and shots. One of the great achievements of Lucasfilm was the sound design and effects.
- I felt that the overall arc of the story was great, and the characters pretty well written. I think that was one of, if not the strongest aspect of the series.
- Fan service was done right most of the time. I didn't really groan with any reference to the movies and I was quite happy to recognise stuff here and there.
Having said that though...
- I'm not sure I liked Boba Fett. He seemed more Jango than Boba to me... Even though Boba's a clone, he still should feel different. Maybe Temuera doesn't have much range...
- Luke's entrance was too much of a copy of Vader's entrance in Rogue 1. Maybe it was meant to be "poetry", but it didn't work for me. It just seemed fan service done poorly. Also, how is it possible that deep fakes are better than what Disney can do? The mind boggles...
- Gina Carano can't act to save her life. In the first season I didn't really notice it, but this time around...
- The ineptitude of the Imperial Troops is ridiculous. That was my only beef with the scripts. It's just stupid and it takes away all the tension when the Empire is never a credible threat. I don't know how many times the heroes just walked into a room full of Stormtroopers pointing at them and survived unscathed... I mean, sometimes the Stormies didn't even shoot! It was just silly. I kept having flashbacks of the OT where the Empire was a real threat and the heroes actually took losses and were afraid. I realise that these are Mandalorian super-soldiers, but those action sequences were just poorly written and poorly set up.
- Loved the whole look and feel, and the photography in general was great. Better than Season 1 IMHO.
- The Believer was a stand-out episode for me. I love those little bits in series where the enemy is shown to be human, and the heroes are shown to be able to be cruel and reckless. Just makes the whole thing more rewarding and gives it a bit of depth.

So yeah, in general I really enjoyed this season, and as I've never read any of those Thrawn novels, I'm now looking forward to the Ahsoka Tano series as well.

I particularly enjoyed the relish with which these Imperials wish to rid the galaxy of terrorists and impose order. The pilot in the beginning of this episode and the officer that Burr shot last week were particularly effective in their dangerous beliefs.

Yup, they are indeed believers, but it was really cool to see how they cared fro their comrades, and how they were all cheering when Mando and the sniper made it with the explosive cargo.

Yeah I'd settle for a new prime timeline that doesn't need to sync up to the existing ST in any way. Han & Leia are free to have Jacen, Jaina and Anakin and have merely a 1 in 3 parenting fail ratio instead of 100 ****ing percent :lol

:yess:

...erase Kylo Ren...

:yess:

Get rid of the most annoying and most pathetic character in Star Wars history!

:woo

The worst thing to happen to the world -- this who multiverse thing.

Now, like the internet, everyone can have their own reality. Because, as we can all see, since it makes the real world such a better place, then it will make make-believe worlds better too.

Don't like your reality -- we'll change it for you. We'll retcon whatever you like. Make it better for you. Easier to swallow. Settle back. Relax. Enjoy.

Reality can be whatever I want, and no infinity gauntlet needed. :yess:

Back