The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, one thing has been bothering me since the show aired, and buckle up, cause this is DEEP nerd.

We have never, ever, ever seen anyone pilot an X-Wing without wearing the orange jumpsuit and helmet. Every time we ever saw Luke flying his, even in ROTJ, between Tattooine and Dagobah, he suited up in the flight suit.

So why did he arrive on Gideon's ship just wearing his black Jedi robes?

He was never a full Jedi Knight when he flew his X-Wing in the OT though. And we know from the PT that Jedi do wear their formal attire (with outer robes) when piloting fighters. You're welcome. :)

OK, one thing has been bothering me since the show aired, and buckle up, cause this is DEEP nerd.

We have never, ever, ever seen anyone pilot an X-Wing without wearing the orange jumpsuit and helmet. Every time we ever saw Luke flying his, even in ROTJ, between Tattooine and Dagobah, he suited up in the flight suit.

Black is the new Orange.

He wanted Gideon and the Dark Troopers to mistake him for Boba Fett - that way they were so overconfident it made his job easier. :D

:chase

He was never a full Jedi Knight when he flew his X-Wing in the OT though. And we know from the PT that Jedi do wear their formal attire (with outer robes) when piloting fighters. You're welcome. :)

In the OT, and the end of ROTJ, we did see Luke Jedi piloting the shuttle out of the Death Star before it exploded.

So he does pilot as a Jedi, established in ROTJ.

Last edited:
He wanted Gideon and the Dark Troopers to mistake him for Boba Fett - that way they were so overconfident it made his job easier. :D

:chase

Wow! Thanks for connecting the dots, Buffinator. That makes the entire episode even cooler and neatly ties what was a seeming inconsistency to Boba Fraud's redemption arc wherein he comes to terms with his failings and false image as a badass. :rock

It?s ironic you give that quote about toys and think the ST won?t be retconned. Disney loves merchandise. They can make more selling Baby Yoda toilet paper than selling Rey action figures.

I say if they make films that are just about selling toys.. Well.. We will end up with Ewok's and porgs.

:lol

You are defending the laziness of the designs of the ST as some sort of positive? hahahaha. Wow. This is a new low.

It was the OT that had the outfit changes, not the PT. So, I really have no idea why you are trying to bash outfit changes as some sort of negative. It makes a movie fresh, makes it as if these characters are really living their lives and we are progressing with them. Never had that with the ST.

I have always said that the ST was lazy with the imagination.. It was the one thing the PT had over the ST.. At the same time Lucas was more worried about selling toys and the PT suffered for it. Instead cramming Daxx.. Spend more time making me care about Anakin.

And you are complaining about new ships? Really? Imagine that a galaxy with trillions of beings would have millions of different ships.

Not complaining at all.. Just find it funny that all I hear was the the ST was made to sell toys... But they never seemed to be trying to hard to do it.. It may have been laziness.. IDK.. Why by a slightly different looking x-Wing fighter or Tie Fighter if you have the originals.

It gives each trilogy its own distinct feel. Its own distinct era and time. ST never had that, it is why it was such a failure.

PT had a feel alright.. My bowls feel a certain way after eating greasy food.. It does not mean its a good feeling ;) :lol

ROTS had 100x the merchandise than TROS did because the PT was actually liked well enough to buy merchandise.

I was comparing the ROTS toys to the AOTC and TPM toys... There was less then those two films.. And they did not fly off the shelves like the other two films..

People had gotten wise to the fact that these toys were not going to be like OT toys in mint condition

Its hard to listen to the rants against the PT and the sly/mocking comments when people want to stick it to Darth Ducky the Wise. Great name for me, my theories coke true and destroy arguments like a real Sith Lord destroy rebel scum:lecture

No wonder you have freaked in the past when I said you had STDS.. Your ego is HUGE ;)

Maybe that is why I like discussing this stuff with you.

Imma need a source. I think they might cry if that happened, especially after their reactions to Boba Fett.

They have both said.. Khev for sure.. That if they retcond the ST they would still have the ST.. And do to the fact that we have had to pick and choose what we like and dislike for so long it would not be hard to do.

All those ideas lead to a dark dark path. Disney knows it. I know it. You know it. All roads lead to the ST and that is a bad bad thing. It is why it will be retconned.

OK.. Whatever.. I will survive :)

Dude. Come on. The moment they bring in ST elements, this show dies. Disney knows this. It?s why they set it so far back and its why they have ZERO new stories post ST right now.

Post ST / Pre PT..

Disney should stay away from both.. With Mando they went with the sure fire hit.. The OT. Simple as that really.

Then bring in popular characters from the cartoon series. Very smart.

I think you PT haters/ST lovers need to get over yourselves. Going on 20 years and it is still the same story of whining about it. Meanwhile, y?all are up in arms any time a ST hater talks about a two year old movie that has direct implications on the future of the franchise.

Talking about hating the ST now is not the same as still talking about hate for PT now.

One is justified with concern for the future the other is an inability to get over it.

There was no future after the PT.. That was my point.. We had good reason to complain.. Since Disney bought SW it was just too big to fail. SW is too loved and Disney invested too much.. So no matter what crap might come out there will always be a chance for something better to come along.. That is a nice feeling you guys get to have that we never did.

That was my point.

Personally I only defend the ST because I sit amazed at lack of self reflection when it comes to the PT.

I am sure you feel the same way with the ST fans.

Again.. I love that I see the good and bad in both. I love that I love SW and found it exciting to see a snoke like clone and the possible start of a first order.

Just like I love Anakin talking to Rey and Ahsoka showing up in Mando.

Thanks for yet another example for why the ST will be retconned. The casual fan. Those woman you work with would buy a ticket to see Baby Yoda. They didn?t do it for Rey, literally Disney?s target audience with her, and they failed. They didn?t do it for Rey. They don?t like Rey. They don?t like what was once supposed to be the future of the franchise.

Well I hate the idea of making SW films for those fans.. They just really dont care. They still had not even watched Mando.. They just think he is cute and makes cute Memes.

Stories like that are why Disney will proceed with the retcon. The casual fan base is growing exponentially. You announce a new film at the end end of 2021/2022 after all the COVID stuff, with Luke and Baby Yoda, I?m talking 2 billion in ticket sales. Disney knows it. Their market research team knows it.

Well expect more cute stuff.. If they are focused on the casual fan then expect more of that.

Casual fans dont get the same reaction about Luke returning as you and I do.

This dude is talking about an animated series for arguably one of the most important and well liked scenes in Star Wars history? A scene that everybody is positively talking about. And you think it is gonna be animated... just to protect the ST... Disney gonna leave BILLIONS on the table to protect the ST :lol:lol:lol

Well I love TCW and thought that was a great way to handle Anakin and Obi wan when you cant get the original actors back.

Plus

I think the last live action appearance of Luke was handled perfectly. I don't want them screwing that up.

I mean Maybe they recast.. Maybe that works.. I didn't mind it for Solo.. I dont want whole films or shows of Digital Luke

I just want quality.. Not something just because Disney is seeing $$$

I think You and I agree that that is what Disney saw with the ST... They saw $$$

I think you would agree that when $$$ is all you see... Quality drops

Luke ended perfectly..

I am sure Grodu will be back in some shape or form.

Last edited:
Emotionally Han and Kylo in TROS is still the only scene to ever make me tear up in a SW movie. Not sure that would have happened with a CGI Han :lol

Exactly!! :lecture

Imagine if Ford had passed away right before TROS. If he appeared to Ben Solo as a CG creation we probably would have accepted it as a valid close to Ben's arc but it wouldn't have had anywhere near the emotional impact.

Or if they had say Kurt Russell or Jeff Bridges play Han instead for that one scene. Sure they're both fine actors but it absolutely would NOT have worked or felt like we were watching Ben interact with the "real" Han Solo. You can't just bring in a brand new actor for one small yet pivotal scene.

CGI Luke in Mando and CGI Leia in RO were definitely the way to go but due to the limits of the tech the emotional punch of those scenes could only be so much and even that was wisely only in a very small dose.

They have both said.. Khev for sure.. That if they retcond the ST they would still have the ST.. And do to the fact that we have had to pick and choose what we like and dislike for so long it would not be hard to do.

Yep, I'll back you up on that. I had to watch *the entire theatrical OT* get retconned and I still survived and just made a point to always own and watch those versions so I'd have no trouble whatsoever doing that for the ST as well. But it doesn't matter since it'll never be retconned and I won't have to. ;)

Spoiler warning:

ONE X-Wing? Great we are saved .

This is one of the best SW lines ever said.

The moment she said it, I knew what we were getting. My heart raced , and as I heard the original SW theme playing very very slowly as the xwing landed......the smile on my face was as big as when I was a child.

This was F@F ?s love letter to all fans and the Olive branch to the disgruntled ones.

What a great Xmas present.

Still digesting all of it. But I will say this.

The circle they completed by Having Luke rescue the child, of a species of his own savior , was just so fulfilling. I only wish the GCI could have been better and displayed more emotion. It?s was done well, but it seems wooden. Overall it didn?t matter at all to the kid in me.

I was actually about to write off this episode as THE TERMINATOR episode, but what a fake out.

For all the crying Boba fans , he did not get beaten, the last thing they were doing was what is called a showdown, they were both equally shooting flames at each other. So get off the man Boba crush and try not to be so butt hurt about another Mandalorian squaring off against old man Boba Fett. That?s not some random chick, she?s a Mandalorian , with skills similar to Din and Bo Katan. Fett never was and never will be , the end all be all bad ass people seem to think he is. He is NOT un defeat able. As a matter of fact , his screen time shows that he is very flawed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got so much more than I guessed with Luke that I completely forgot I wanted Fett to betray Mando.

Satisfied with Boss Fett and his cool music cue.

(still don't really know why he was even necessary in S2 at all... but who cares)

Fett never was and never will be , the end all be all bad ass people seem to think he is. He is NOT un defeat able. As a matter of fact , his screen time shows that he is very flawed.

This is why I love the character even more post-Mando, he's got such depths to plumb now that he's been repeatedly exposed and humiliated by his betters like Koska Reeves. The only way forward for him is through the fear and pain that will make for a complex and psychologically rich study in his upcoming show. This is Star Wars like we've never seen before!

boba_sucks2.jpg

Yep, I'll back you up on that. I had to watch *the entire theatrical OT* get retconned and I still survived and just made a point to always own and watch those versions so I'd have no trouble whatsoever doing that for the ST as well. But it doesn't matter since it'll never be retconned and I won't have to. ;)

Yep.. OT was abused by Lucas. I can take whatever Disney has planed for the ST :lol

Ducky is absolutely right that Grogu will definitely not be Kylo Ren's victim. Meaning Disney will have to do something very uncomfortable. I'm just not sure how they are going to handle it. The little green dude can carry the water and the unlikable ST characters cannot. His species can live to be like a thousand years old and Grogu is only fifty:lol He could be the future of the franchise for a long time.

It's become kind of laughable the way that the few hangers on feel the ST is going to be supported, clinging to the smallest glimmers of hope. Meanwhile there is no merchandise and no shows despite nearly a dozen new ones rolling out. Talk about an epic fail :slap

Not complaining at all.. Just find it funny that all I hear was the the ST was made to sell toys... But they never seemed to be trying to hard to do it.. It may have been laziness.. IDK.. Why by a slightly different looking x-Wing fighter or Tie Fighter if you have the originals.

It was laziness. ST never tried to sell toys, nor could tell toys, because of the weak designs, characters, and story.

I was comparing the ROTS toys to the AOTC and TPM toys... There was less then those two films.. And they did not fly off the shelves like the other two films..

People had gotten wise to the fact that these toys were not going to be like OT toys in mint condition

Very true.

:lol now I know why nobody but a very select few respond to you. :lol

This is a good ole boys club on a dying forum. I?m new here and you guys have been posting for years and years. I know nobody cares what I think due to a combination of being new, liking the PT, age gap, and pissing some off earlier in the year because I really did destroy their arguments. It?s why I stopped having ?real? conversations here. I already know there will be no replies or I?ll be mocked and unquoted right below my own reply.

No wonder you have freaked in the past when I said you had STDS.. Your ego is HUGE ;)

The hugest. People will come up to me and say ?Ducky? you have the biggest and best ego. They?ll come from all around. Believe me. Very big.

Fair enough.

Post ST / Pre PT..

Disney should stay away from both.. With Mando they went with the sure fire hit.. The OT. Simple as that really.

Then bring in popular characters from the cartoon series. Very smart.

I disagree about pre PT. KOTOR, Darth Bane, Darth Plagueis would all make for great shows.

There was no future after the PT.. That was my point.. We had good reason to complain.. Since Disney bought SW it was just too big to fail. SW is too loved and Disney invested too much.. So no matter what crap might come out there will always be a chance for something better to come along.. That is a nice feeling you guys get to have that we never did.

I read a bunch of novels and comics after the PT... then TCW. My Star Wars had a future then and now.

Well I hate the idea of making SW films for those fans.. They just really dont care. They still had not even watched Mando.. They just think he is cute and makes cute Memes.

Do they know his real name or is it still Baby Yoda to them?

Well expect more cute stuff.. If they are focused on the casual fan then expect more of that.

I?m fine with cute stuff, to a degree...

Casual fans dont get the same reaction about Luke returning as you and I do.

True, but they still enjoyed it and are positively talking about it. That is important.

Well I love TCW and thought that was a great way to handle Anakin and Obi wan when you cant get the original actors back.

Plus

I think the last live action appearance of Luke was handled perfectly. I don't want them screwing that up.

I mean Maybe they recast.. Maybe that works.. I didn't mind it for Solo.. I dont want whole films or shows of Digital Luke

I just want quality.. Not something just because Disney is seeing $$$

I think You and I agree that that is what Disney saw with the ST... They saw $$$

I think you would agree that when $$$ is all you see... Quality drops

Luke ended perfectly..

I am sure Grodu will be back in some shape or form.

I trust F and F not to screw up. They need to be running the franchise.

Luke and Grogu will both be back. 10000%. Next year I bet. Then they will get their own trilogy too. If not, their own series. If not that, heavily featured in Mando.

I said it before, but Sebastian Stan for Luke. If not, I think Disney could get the CGI down for a full movie.

It's become kind of laughable the way that the few hangers on feel the ST is going to be supported, clinging to the smallest glimmers of hope. Meanwhile there is no merchandise and no shows despite nearly a dozen new ones rolling out. Talk about an epic fail :slap

You're right no shows other than oh wait Ahsoka, Book of Boba Fett, Mandalorian, and Rangers of the New Republic that will all connect the OT to the ST, lol. Oh and the one feature film announcement (Rogue Squadron) that is supposedly being set after (and will no doubt acknowledge) the events of the ST. :lol

Plus the Lego Holiday Special that just came out a few weeks ago with Rey, BB-8 and Kylo Ren as the main characters. So yep, half a dozen shows and a movie that either feature or connect to the ST in one way or another. Some retcon. :)

The Disney Trilogy was a failure from the moment they rushed production on the first movie without having a completed script or outline for three films. Their shortsighted greed and lust to recoup those billions ultimately cost them more in the end.

Imagine if they actually had the patience that Yoda had advised about. That they put out a call to every screenwriter and director in Hollywood to show them their ideas. If they actually wanted to tell an amazing story instead of just pushing one angry woman's political agenda.

If they had taken 4 or 5 years to develop the material and let someone like Favreau craft the story, we'd be living in an alternate universe where the main movies were the amazing works of art that made us cry and feel joy again, and the TV spin off was just the throwaway tie in cash grab.

Oh well. Too late now. It's a far far better thing to have this wonderful television show that was crafted with love and respect, than having nothing at all except those ugly soulless corporate products.

Great point! Luke paying it forward.

b7e4d0b11b2896661cd4b806d36a760c06e68c7b.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-12-18-at-8.32.51-AM-900x409.png

One of my favorite moments in that whole episode was when Grogu's one ear perked up as Luke arrived.

YES! And great shots to illustrate what to me was incredible poetry honoring the OT and Luke.

You're right no shows other than oh wait Ahsoka, Book of Boba Fett, Mandalorian, and Rangers of the New Republic that will all connect the OT to the ST, lol. Oh and the one feature film announcement (Rogue Squadron) that is supposedly being set after (and will no doubt acknowledge) the events of the ST. :lol

Plus the Lego Holiday Special that just came out a few weeks ago with Rey, BB-8 and Kylo Ren as the main characters. So yep, half a dozen shows and a movie that either feature or connect to the ST in one way or another. Some retcon. :)

More desperation. Those shows are tied to TCW and The Mandalorian. Still waiting on any announcements or even cameos from ANY of the ST characters that everyone forgot about last December.

More desperation. Those shows are tied to TCW and The Mandalorian. Still waiting on any announcements or even cameos from ANY of the ST characters that everyone forgot about last December.

We literally just got the ST Holiday Special that featured every single character "that everyone forgot about last December." :cuckoo:

Plus proto-Snoke just two seasons into Mando.

I'm not sure what "desperation" you're referring to, I'm content with the canon stories we have and have absolutely zero fears about any connections between the canon OT and the canon ST. I don't need TV shows that feature Rey, Poe, or Finn so them not barking up that tree makes no difference to me whatsoever. You're the one who's hanging by a thread and will drop into oblivion the moment the FO appears in Mando so don't speak to me of desperation. :wave

;)

Back