The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fennec : tried to kill Mando ,now a good

Agreed.

IG-11 : from child murder to nanny

At least it got re-programmed. It was just a really mean toaster.

Greef: double crosses Mando , now grandpa

That turn and the reception to it was kinda quick.

Fett: Fearsome Foe to Fat driver

A little weird but jury's out.

I do find it odd that our former Imp was forgiven and cut loose so quickly. His characterization? He was kind of manic anyway, so that doesn't bother me too much. But Dune being a corrupt marshal over what -- one good sniper shot she witnessed? Meh.

BUT...as usual I remind myself this is basically an expensive cartoon.

WHERE THE HELL IS KHEV! :gah:

Probably on his third viewing of this episode. :lol

:lol :lol

This stupid show has gotten me back to avoiding spoilers the day the new episodes drop. I thought after EG and TROS I was free! :gah:

lol

Finally caught this new one, I found it very enjoyable! And oh man Fett in clean armor, he looked like a Hot Toy come to life. :lol I mean that in a good way too. You know I had completely forgotten that prior to AOTC I was really looking forward to seeing him appear in the PT wearing what I assumed would be pristine OT armor. FINALLY that wish has been fulfilled. :yess:

Rick Famuyiwa filmed TM at much more flattering angles than RR too.

My second favorite element of the show was them hijacking my old Big Trak toy from 1979, lol. :rock

Otherwise I guess this was pretty much a filler episode but it was packed with great stuff nonetheless. Bill Burr blowing away the officer felt positively Tarantino-esque. Sigh, I'm actually finding myself warming to this new Fett, damn them, lol.

Hopefully the finale is a good hour or more.

Yeah Mad Max a bit... But really it Max never entered my mind.

You didn't instantly think of Road Warrior when Mando pulled this exact move against the first group of pirates next to the transport? :)

RzIqOFjfBQudT-HDQwpzqKm9hl6jdnA-douFJdI9SO0mZOIFIiB1fc_MRfTtvgVSFvT87--20Wi5gmjQ2F7f83pntwjGvdbPx95fYBHG-64Yjf2N9KgQZ9fztKM

Mando himself is still super cool but my appreciation of him is waning a bit this season only because they've made him so damn invincible. He was really fun to root for when a pack of jawas could get the best of him and a hairy rhino beast could really work him over. But now he's basically RoboCop, virtually indestructible and never misses. Freaking Ahsoka herself couldn't even put a scratch in his armor with two lightsabers! Neither could the mighty Krayt Dragon.

So now when someone like Cobb or Lang (Michael Biehn's character) is looking like they're gonna have a quick draw duel with him I can't help but kind of root for the other guy since he's such an underdog. As of now I can't help but feel like Lang is the greater badass because he's the only guy other than Mando who survived a direct attack from Ahsoka in this latest episode except he wasn't wearing indestructible plot I mean Beskar armor.

So hopefully in these final three episodes they really put Mando himself through the paces again.

Had to circle back to this post in reference to the Ahsoka episode. Well done Rick Famuyiwa coming back to strip him of his Beskar and gadgets and make him struggle again! :rock

It figures the guy in charge of the badass jawas and mudhorn would be the one for the job. :clap

Agreed.

At least it got re-programmed. It was just a really mean toaster.

That turn and the reception to it was kinda quick.

A little weird but jury's out.

I do find it odd that our former Imp was forgiven and cut loose so quickly. His characterization? He was kind of manic anyway, so that doesn't bother me too much. But Dune being a corrupt marshal over what -- one good sniper shot she witnessed? Meh.

At the end of the episode, Mando was already in his armor that Cara had been holding for him. I think it's safe to assume that in the interim following the mission that Mando might've mentioned something to her about what he'd learned of Mayfeld's character and what he'd been through.

I don't think she gave him his freedom just because she was impressed that he was a good shot. :lol

Since when are characters like Mayfeld and Cara Dune suddenly supposed to be Steve Rogers? ;)

They obviously both have an impulse for doing what feels right in any given moment but that hardly makes them dogmatic saints. That's one of the things I actually really like about this show.

Since when are characters like Mayfeld and Cara Dune suddenly supposed to be Steve Rogers? ;)

They obviously both have an impulse for doing what feels right in any given moment but that hardly makes them dogmatic saints. That's one of the things I actually really like about this show.

How are you feeling about Fett being relegated to a glorified get away driver who takes orders.

Yes he looked great lol

You guys are missing one major component of the chase scene.

Yes awesome Indy and RW but there is one more.

Hint: bill burr couldn’t slow down the vehicle down!

I noticed that but I'm keeping an open mind that he might be playing a low key part "Kaiser Soze" style for now before rising to much greater prominence.

Man, I so hope something like that turns out to be the case.

And jye got me hyped talking about Fett eventually offing all of the 2nd-tier heroes. :lol

Hint: bill burr couldn’t slow down the vehicle down!

Ha ha, you're right and he even had to keep checking the vehicle's gauges to make sure they stayed at an even speed and didn't blow up, lol. I think there may have even been a dash of Ice Pirates in that same sequence as well, lol.

Man, I so hope something like that turns out to be the case.

And jye got me hyped talking about Fett eventually offing all of the 2nd-tier heroes. :lol

I like someone's idea last week that he's Gideon's ace in the hole to keep tabs on Mando which is why Slave I showed up right before Gideon's cruiser. Then he and Fennec over-acted a bit with the "they're back" line just to play extra dumb about it, lol.

I like someone's idea last week that he's Gideon's ace in the hole to keep tabs on Mando which is why Slave I showed up right before Gideon's cruiser. Then he and Fennec over-acted a bit with the "they're back" line just to play extra dumb about it, lol.

Yeah, that'd fix two problems with one solution (Fett's "honor" turn and the dumb line about Empire being back after mowing down 50 stormtroopers).

Hope springs eternal.

EDIT: Make that *three* fixes. Would also explain why Slave I pursued the Dark Troopers and didn't get shot at.

Hint: bill burr couldn?t slow down the vehicle down!

Speed!

I really liked this episode. Action directed well was refreshing. Tension in the bunker. Loved seeing the Mudtrooper outfits again. Love that design... especially with Tank Trooper helmets.

Best episode without Grogu.

Yeah, that'd fix two problems with one solution (Fett's "honor" turn and the dumb line about Empire being back after mowing down 50 stormtroopers).

Hope springs eternal.

I know right. But at the end of the day this is still an extension of AOTC/ESB SE Fett so maybe it was always a fool's hope. At least I'm finding TM's Fett entertaining which is a first since ROTJ so I'll take victories where I can get them, lol.

And when my 11 year old son and I rewatched last week's episode right before this one he kept saying that the way Boba was advancing on the Stormtroopers dragging the gaffi was "like something out of a horror movie" and that "if I was one of those Troopers who got hit I'd just play dead!" so the 11 year old in *me* couldn't help but smile that RR made Fett a truly scary badass again, even if he doesn't match the original theatrical version I've always known and loved.

At the end of the episode, Mando was already in his armor that Cara had been holding for him. I think it's safe to assume that in the interim following the mission that Mando might've mentioned something to her about what he'd learned of Mayfeld's character and what he'd been through.

I don't think she gave him his freedom just because she was impressed that he was a good shot. :lol

Well, Dune was a Shock Trooper who hated the Empire and Mayfield was a former Imperial sniper, so seeing him take out that facility like that probably went a long way toward her reevaluating his character.

Hope springs eternal.

EDIT: Make that *three* fixes. Would also explain why Slave I pursued the Dark Troopers and didn't get shot at.

Actually I know there have been theories for a while that Slave I has a cloaking device which is why he could tail the Falcon to Cloud City without being picked up on its scanners.

But it also just occurred to me that way back in Fett's first appearance in the original Holiday Special he actually *pretended* to be a good guy and was real chummy with Luke and Chewie before it was revealed that he was working for Vader. Maybe Favreau has similar plans for him on Mando? :pray:

I loved the episode, guys.

First thing that called my attention was how weird Mando felt without his own armor.
Then it was the Raiders tribute on the Juggernaut.
I saw also a tribute to The Viper and the Mountain.
Then it was Inglorious Basterds, and the story was good, dialogue was great.

By the end I was amazed. Best episode of both seasons IMO...

I even liked Fett in this episode. I thought that in the previous episode he talked too much. I think he is better off as a Drive character, and I wish he finally is a traitor to Mando in the Finale. Maybe steal the Child for Thrawn in the end, I don't know.

Back