The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disney apparently mostly out of the movie business :lol

Kennedy thinks that because Favreau can do TV mega-successfully everyone can :lol

Not really they just announced BW will remain theatrical only!

Unlike WB Disney will just create new stuff for D+.

WB is stoopid.

But yeah all of these tv shows are mostly going to be crap lol

I saw them as rebels who were trying to get rid of the empire there and destroy their cargo.

The point of the episode is the ends justify the means. Take off your helmet, kill rebels, blow up everybody....as long as you can sleep at night it is all good.
As Bill Burr noted, when crap hits the fan, morals count for nothing.

Well, yeah, but I took it more as, if the code u follow thinks a child's life isn't worth as much as the *&^% code, then that's a problem. So appreciated the helmet just coming off.

Whether the pirates were rebels or not, I think the the script was really just dealing with the horrors of war, when it gets to the point you don't even know what you are fighting for, or if it matters. At any rate I cheered when Burr shot the officer the *&^% *&^%.

Marvel I have more confidence in right now because they just have a track record, and leadership that gets comic books.
Kennedy doesn't get Star Wars. She puts creative people in power to direct, and then gets rid of them when they try and show a unique position.

Favreau and Abrams have long leashes because of their standing in Hollywood (for better or worse.) They can push a level of creativity if they choose (Abrams giving us more Transformers level of content, Favreau more Iron Man.) Also, their production companies are involved when they make something, making firing them impossible.

Listen, I am hopeful, but Disney Star Wars has been all over the place in quality. They don't have Feige or Favreau in charge of it which scares me a bit.

Things like Endgame were a letdown compared to the sky high expectations. One could argue it is the ROTJ of the Avengers movies. A mixed movie with some amazing moments, and other spots where you almost want to fast forward.

Things like Rise of Skywalker were....geez....was worse than Suicide Squad.

Last edited:
Episode got better and better as it went along. Really enjoyed it.

Can’t wait for the finale! Hope it’s 90 minutes!

Yeah that was a very enjoyable episode, great action scenes and further growth for Mando's character facilitated by the unexpected return of Bill Burr. I don't know that previous misgivings about what they may be doing with Boba Fett were alleviated here but one can't deny it was all pretty cool to watch...maybe this is the way for him too. :dunno

I still can't believe TPS reports were mentioned in the Star Wars universe. Too bad Gary Cole wasn't the Imperial Officer.:lol

giphy (9).jpg

Marvel I have more confidence in right now because they just have a track record, and leadership that gets comic books.
Kennedy doesn't get Star Wars. She puts creative people in power to direct, and then gets rid of them when they try and show a unique position.

Favreau and Abrams have long leashes because of their standing in Hollywood (for better or worse.) They can push a level of creativity if they choose (Abrams giving us more Transformers level of content, Favreau more Iron Man.) Also, their production companies are involved when they make something, making firing them impossible.

Listen, I am hopeful, but Disney Star Wars has been all over the place in quality. They don't have Feige or Favreau in charge of it which scares me a bit.

Things like Endgame were a letdown compared to the sky high expectations. One could argue it is the ROTJ of the Avengers movies. A mixed movie with some amazing moments, and other spots where you almost want to fast forward.

Things like Rise of Skywalker were....geez....was worse than Suicide Squad.

Ur comment about no Feige type being in charge - yep. Feige fought his own boss. He's a comic fan. Was willing to think out of the box.

Meanwhile, apparently Mando Season 3 won't release until Christmas Day. WTF. If nothing else I'd gotten used to the painfully long wait. But fall would bring new Mando.

Now we gotta wait 2 more months. Sure hope it's because Favreau asked for the time to build sets or special effects or something. Not because Disney has some mediocre offering they want you to pay attention to. Like when Season 1 episode got delayed because of TROS. Tho it could be some crossover thing - like if u dont watch u wont know what's going on when Mando Season 3 starts.

I actually liked this episode better than the last one and the last one was good!

What an incredibly solid season.

Fett looked great but sad to see Fett relegated to being a get away uber driver now sigh.

Episodic viewing is starting to rear its ugly head though. .

An entire episode just to flesh out some inner demons and get a map.

I get it Disney needs for me to watch for the next 20 years but Cara sniping some troopers with Mulan is going to get old real fast without any real narrative push.

This folks is why a well made movie WILL ALWAYS be more fulfilling than a well made TV series.

Can they stop with the special effects now it is making 300 million dollar movies look bad.

You know it has been almost 19 YEARS since we last seen that seismic sonic bomb being used and it was glorious fan service lol

As I have said, this is the major issue with the show. Half that episode was once again, Storm Troopers dying, and the Mad Max SW chase scene. What story we DID get is very good, but we have clearly entered the realm of ?stretch it out? is the motto.

Problem is a lot of shows try this, and in the end they fail because it?s story that wins out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that was a very enjoyable episode, great action scenes and further growth for Mando's character facilitated by the unexpected return of Bill Burr. I don't know that previous misgivings about what they may be doing with Boba Fett were alleviated here but one can't deny it was all pretty cool to watch...maybe this is the way for him too. :dunno

Fett: Getaway Driver

:horror :horror

It can still happen and I would drop my jaw that Disney would do that to their cash cow.

They won't go full-on Sith with him, but I think they're gonna play with a "dark side Grogu."

All the signs are there. The kid was born at the same time Anakin was. I don't think that's just for coincidence. And Ahsoka's warning about not wanting Grogu to go down that Anakin path after forming attachment seems like an admonition that will get followed up on.

The bond with Din is now front and center. It's the key thematic direction of the current story. What is Din willing to do to protect the kid, and what will it mean for the little guy's Force destiny?

Grogu has already been Force-choking. The kid will almost certainly be confronting fear. Will he be confronting loss too? What will that do to his balance with the Force?

Or yeah, Disney could just chicken out. :lol

I don't see both Fett and Din surviving. I think it's one or the other if both are just going to be Mandos who turned "honorable" and less ruthless. If that's the case, whomever "The Mandalorian" ends up being next season may not be a given.

The way out of that, though (to keep both around while being distinct enough from one another), is to return Fett back to an out-for-himself-only mercenary. But I don't think you can sell that without him turning on someone.

Overall this was not one of my favorite episodes actually it was good but once you think on it, it?s once again a huge problem for character development.

I don?t like Burr at all. His character , when we last saw it what? 6 months ago??? Was a total jerk. Self centered self righteous and a murderer to boot.

Now hes a good guy who has scars and emotions lecturing Mando? Gimme a break. Once again, like Fett, we get another bad guy turned good? Enough of that stuff already. Is Gideon going to look into Grogu eyes and break down crying?

The first half of that episode was filler garbage. The Mad Max scene went on WAY to long for a 50 minute show. Migs little speech was too self righteous for his previous characterization.

It was saved by the last 15 minutes. But remind me again why Migs would want to HELP Mando? The guy who put him in Jail??

Just because he had a good speech about the evils of the empire does not make him a sympathetic character to me.

Madalorian is getting way to comfortable trying to turn everyone into a hero, and completely ignoring they characters previous actions.

Fennec : tried to kill Mando ,now a good
IG-11 : from child murder to nanny
Greef: double crosses Mando , now grandpa
Fett: Fearsome Foe to Fat driver

I mean, where are all the bad guys?

I still love the show, but they really need to stick to some character personalities that linger for more than 1 episode. And cut the pew pew down to 5-7 minutes per episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back