The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars live action series-Jon Favreau's THE MANDALORIAN

Well it could still be Fett posing as a Mandalorian.

Or the live action just ignores that dumb ass stiff cgi cartoon and Fett is a Mandalorian lol

I’m guessing Fav had to be present on Filoni’s episode because can you imagine Carano taking direction from Filoni that’s like the blind leading the blind lol

Last edited:

Having said all that, Boba Fett was also not Mandalorian.

Well he was in the ESB sketchbook so I could see Favreau wanting to go back to that. If they stick to AOTC/CW canon then maybe "The Mandalorian" is the nickname everyone else gives him based on the armor because after the Sarlacc Fett decides he wants to let people think he's dead for a while so he ditches Slave I and goes back to wielding cattle prods and riding beasties. Or maybe he decides to train with real Mandalorians to up his game. There's a number of ways they can go.

If he *isn't* Boba Fett (because yes I realize this might be another Alexander Pierce/Red Skull situation, lol) then he'll be an even bigger Fett knock-off since Mandalorians weren't known for bounty hunting and yet here are again with another copycat.

You just know Slave 1 will be how they reveal his identity at the end of S1.

But due to PC culture it will now be known as Reparations1. :lol

This will be the CW diehards reaction after that reveal..

2C80BA9E-DD50-4317-A062-B2A5144BC1C1.jpeg

:lol :lol

If they release one episode per week starting November 12th then the 3rd week of December we'll have new SW featuring Luke, Leia, Lando, Chewie, R2, 3PO, Palpatine AND Boba Fett! :thud:

If they release one episode per week starting November 12th then the 3rd week of December we'll have new SW featuring Luke, Leia, Lando, Chewie, R2, 3PO, Palpatine AND Boba Fett! :thud:

Yeah here’s hoping it’s the one per week model.

If rumors are to be true that Ford is in IX then holy crap lol

A Slave 1 reveal would be sick. He takes off....then credits!

Chock full of OT goodness, more than a few cantina denizens present and accounted for as well.

I look forward to IG88 the most, hope his voice doesn't ruin it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I already planned on getting Disney+ on day one, this just makes the wait difficult.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m guessing Fav had to be present on Filoni’s episode because can you imagine Carano taking direction from Filoni that’s like the blind leading the blind lol

Filoni: "Okay go stand over there and pretend to shoot the bad guys."

Carano: "Are you mocking the fact that I'm a woman?!?" *clenching fists*

Favreau: "No that's just his real voice!"

Carano: "Oh."

lol

I don't know why you guys think the Mando would be Fett. Talk about making up fan fic in your head and setting up expectations to be disappointed. That was one of the TLJ supporters biggest argument against the TLJ haters. That they were mad because the movie didn't live up to their fan fic they created in their heads. Now here you are possibly setting yourselves up for the same disappointment. :lol

The Mandalorians are basically a warrior race. We need to see how the Siege of Mandalore plays out on the new CW episodes. If they are fractured, and many leave, it makes perfect sense for many to become Bounty Hunters/Mercenaries. There were other Mandalorian Bounty Hunters other than Fett.. Jodo Kast anyone?

One of the biggest complaints is that they have to keep tying things together, instead of coming up with separate stand alone stories not tied into the movies. Yet here are you guys hoping he's Fett in disguise.... :slap Why on Earth would they do that, with Fett, yet again? If anything, maybe they are using this to test the waters to see if demand for a Fett movie is really there so they can go ahead with the original Fett Star Wars Story stand alone movie.

For the record, I'm fine with either. But I'd rather Mando be his own character than Fett's new "persona" after ROTJ..

A genius move might be to *never* reveal his identity. Just drop hints that support Fett/not-Fett and let us all decide for ourselves.

A genius move might be to *never* reveal his identity. Just drop hints that support Fett/not-Fett and let us all decide for ourselves.

Yup.

I am kinda hoping his helmet stays on, and if the do a face reveal , its after a major significant emotional moment, so we can see the human side.

Bounty hunter = mask
Man with past= no mask

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I don’t understand why it’s so important to some that the real Boba Fett survived the events of Return of the Jedi. I know it isn’t a new idea. They brought him back in the old comic books too, but he’s just never been that important to the story. I also don’t think there is any way they’re going to contradict established continuity. I can see them not making the character exactly like the Mandalorians as they were portrayed on The Clone Wars (and also Rebels, and current comic books btw), which is fine because that would be boring too, but I also hope they don’t just make him a carbon copy of Boba Fett. I hope they do something more original than either one of those things.

Yup.

I am kinda hoping his helmet stays on, and if the do a face reveal , its after a major significant emotional moment, so we can see the human side.

Bounty hunter = mask
Man with past= no mask

Yep, and I could see them prolonging the reveal just so that those of us who want him to be Fett (and maybe we're in the minority, I don't know) can fall in love with the character so that when he's finally revealed to be someone else we'll no longer care, lol. Best case scenario he really is Fett and they make the character cool again after ROTJ burp death and AOTC/CW but I trust Favreau if he turns out to be someone else. He's clearly going out of his way to give this guy so many of classic Fett's trappings that he's obviously doing what he can to appeal to us (which I'm guessing includes Favreau himself as well.)

The ironic part is the man with no name that this is an homage to didn’t have his face covered.

Man that "I like those odds" line is awesome. The whole Werner Herzog deal scene is great. Love the inclusion of "Beskar" into canon as well.

On the other hand feels kind crappy that I'm way more hyped for a TV show then I am the big screen conclusion to the new trilogy.

Man that "I like those odds" line is awesome. The whole Werner Herzog deal scene is great. Love the inclusion of "Beskar" into canon as well.

On the other hand feels kind crappy that I'm way more hyped for a TV show then I am the big screen conclusion to the new trilogy.

Favreau is a better filmmaker and really knows how to hype fans.

Back