The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there's more than a chance but (sorry) I think it might not happen until Season 3. Just 'coz if I were trying to establish a new character firmly in the hearts and minds, and I didn't want to risk fan wrath by getting rid of an old character, one way to do it would be to wait. Do a few seasons and firmly establish new character with distinct identity and then bring in the presents (since Favreau/Filoni mention not unwrapping presents all at once). Maybe do a few teasers here and there along the way. My guess is Din D'jaren's "Clan of Two" is gonna expand along the way. Mainly 'coz I can't get "The Outlaw Josey Wales" out of my head where the outlaw is a righteous man who also has to protect a new surrogate family.

But just based on what little of the cape is shown, don't think it is Gideon as his cape has more of triangle shape with more material. This cape seems more utilitarian with straight lines and drape. Also seems like Gideon thinks too much of himself to be hiking around a desert at night.

View attachment 475963

What you're saying about postponing a full reveal until season 3, and leaving some major things to be unwrapped later, all makes sense. But I'm just irrationally anxious because I've gotten carried away with my hopes for how great Fett would be as an ongoing antagonist for Din. I can't help it. :lol

:lol I should have included Jye's comment that you'd be grumpy - I was responding more to what he said than interpreting anything in your response. All good! :duff

Ah, I see. I totally missed the context with jye's post. I'm an idiot. :slap Sorry for the confusion. :duff

Ah, I see. I totally missed the context with jye's post. I'm an idiot. :slap Sorry for the confusion. :duff

No, you're not - but I think you are the first person to EVER misinterpret a comment on the internet. :wink1:

giphy.gif

What you're saying about postponing a full reveal until season 3, and leaving some major things to be unwrapped later, all makes sense. But I'm just irrationally anxious because I've gotten carried away with my hopes for how great Fett would be as an ongoing antagonist for Din. I can't help it. :lol

Nah, I get it. (I KNOW what I wanted to see in IW and that didn't happen). But. LOL Boba's a PROBLEM:lol IMO 'coz of established identity. Happily fans seem to have readily accepted new/more Mandalorians. But - and this is all speculation - what if, with Disney + new model of TV/movie crossovers ur new Mandalorian has to have enough of his own identity to carry a film. Maybe:dunno. He's not Thor, that "everyone" already knows.

Plus who knew if Mandalorian would be a hit or not. There's no way to predict that:horror.

So at least what I'd do, if I had a success on my hands, is build it to a crescendo over a few seasons. Jedi, Sith, more Mandalorians, new stuff, nods to old stuff. I wouldn't unpack everything all at once. Hopefully I've already got a story and ending in mind, so things don't get tired or sloppy.

By the time my *major crossover movie* got to theaters, in theory fans would be out of their minds:lol - enough to have them forget about any, er, sadness they feel about the ST:cool:. All that would matter is does Baby get home, does Din D'jaren get the Darksaber, who survives, Boba's reveal, maybe even Luke Skywalker showing up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mskkUDOHSW0&t=89s
mando-helmets.jpg

The suck part is the wait:crying:crying:crying. The good part is Favreau and Filoni tho who are fans and think about the fans.

Variety got the chance to speak to Walt Disney Studios co-chairman and chief creative officer Alan Horn and he seemed to think that if the show, which has already been renewed for a second season, continues to do well then a feature film could be in the cards.
??The Mandalorian? is already proving to be a big thing, so if that series proves to be so compelling that we reverse engineer it into a theatrical release, a two-hour film or whatever, O.K.,? Horn said.

A coworker who I would consider the "general public" said he watched "The Mandalorian" and thought it was pretty "Duck in" boring!!! I’m a huge SW fan and aside from IG-11 I have to agree. At the same time Breaking Bad season 1 was boring as ****. The seasons that followed were excellent!

A coworker who I would consider the "general public" said he watched "The Mandalorian" and thought it was pretty "Duck in" boring!!! I?m a huge SW fan and aside from IG-11 I have to agree. At the same time Breaking Bad season 1 was boring as ****. The seasons that followed were excellent!

*Shrug* my comic fan bro thinks Mando is only OK and keeps telling me to watch Watchmen. Think I'll get him a Baby Yoda just to be evil.:nana:

Putting Boba back on screen will not only be the ultimate fan service pathetic move, it will signal the point where the show jumped the shark, and gave up on any real chance of a compelling narrative.

There is literally no point in having him there as he is a clone of a dude....

Total waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting Boba back on screen will not only be the ultimate fan service pathetic move, it will signal the point where the show jumped the shark, and gave up on any real chance of a compelling narrative.

Total waste.

He's a clone of a dude playing a dude disguised as another clone dude.

tumblr_n1kmzet0ua1trd8cbo3_r1_250.gifv

:lol

I thought that was Snoke though....?

Or Ochi of Bestoon...?

Every
character in the ST was a meat puppet of Palps. Every single one. Khev has spoken.:lecture:lol

Hey, it explains why Leia talked so weird and everything was a bit off in the ST.:dunno

It all makes sense now. The whole trilogy was "Being Sheev Palpatine." It's like we finally found the door.

beingjohnfeat-770x433.jpg

I agree, no Boba Fett. I think it?s possible he could be introduced into the series at a much much later time, but the odds of it working aren?t good because, well look at Disney?s track record with Star Wars.

TaliBane be making skid marks all over this page (Inside joke)!

Total waste.

IMO depends on how it's done. Not up to speed on everything, but some stuff seems to say Boba isn't a "real" Mandalorian e.g. throwing together someone with a code and someone who's more sketchy could be interesting. If they take that line. Mando and Child seem to have a lot of bounty hunters after them, so why not? - assuming Boba survived.

There's fan service and fan service depending on the writers/director. I could see some sort of clash happening where the end result is Boba just winks and lets Mando and Child go, in the end, after deciding his current employer (Moff Gideon) is a *&^%. Figure the ultimate showdown is gonna be between Moff Gideon and Din D'jaren anyway for the Darksaber.

I agree, no Boba Fett. I think it?s possible he could be introduced into the series at a much much later time, but the odds of it working aren?t good because, well look at Disney?s track record with Star Wars.
Yeah, but IMO that's the end result of who's at the wheel. Disney bought a property, didn't seem to have a showrunner for the ST, brought in a "safe" director, and IMO problems started there. Vs. Favreau going to Disney with a narrative arc in hand, and the experience and partner (Filoni) to steer the ship.

KK and Disney management interference didn't help with the films. I get the impression that Favreau has more clout getting Disney to butt out - why not with his track record.
https://d23.com/the-inspiration-behind-the-mandalorian-jon-favreau-fills-us-in/
D23: When and where did you get the idea for The Mandalorian?

Jon Favreau: It goes back as far back as 2012, when it was announced that Disney was going to be making other films in the Star Wars universe when Lucasfilm became part of Disney. I watched all the Star Wars movies again, and I was writing down notes about the type of story I would like to tell. After that, I did Jungle Book while Episode Seven [Star Wars: The Force Awakens] was being filmed. I visited the set [of Episode Seven] that [director] J.J. Abrams was filming?that was very fun and exciting to see that world come to life and to be on that set. And then Disney announced the streaming service [Disney+], and it seemed that that was the right size and scale for the type of story I wanted to tell.

I would agree on that point about who’s in charge. It seems with the sequel trilogy, no one person was in charge. It was like a sailing ship without a captain, and it ran aground.

I am glad Boba Fett has not been introduced into the series at this point. I like that they’re making new characters, I think the series should be able to stand on its own. If they have a good idea that calls on boba Fett in a few years, then use him. Otherwise, better not to. They already have decent characters with Din D’jaren, Greef Karga, Cara Dune, the child, and Moff Gideon... and Kuiil and IG-11 worked well too.

Back