The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When I play this orchestra mix I forget about all the money this series is costing me in collectibles I didn't know I needed 2 months ago.:monkey3

But my carbonized Mando will look awesome on the Dewback I just ordered, and I can pull the head off the included Stormtrooper and stick it on a skewer, so *&^% it. I need more heads tho.:cool:

Yeah, I really wasn't sure why some people were saying the music wasn't Star Wars-y enough when the show first premiered, or that it was hard to get used to. I thought it worked really well for the take they've done on the universe for the show. When heard in isolation like in that youtube clip, it is a great piece of music - obviously spaghetti Western, but also retro-1970s.

81e57a1f4a970f964fe8a82e00c8f8e9.jpg

75faae2e90800be65e45a900896d3723.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carasynthia Dune is a sith lol

Man is she a crappy actress.

Man is she hot so who cares lol

Last edited:
Carasynthia Dune is a sith lol

Man is she a crappy actress.

Man is she hot so who cares lol

IMO she's not tho. A bit weak at the outset, really good in episodes 7 & 8. Reminds me of Hemsworth who IMO was kinda not-great *in the beginning* but really settled in later. Also - least for me - there's just something appealing about her. Finally I'll give mad props to someone who re interviews is really into the part (and had the flu filming that pond scene https://www.wired.com/story/mandalorian-star-wars-soldier-tactics/) but pushed through it anyway. :clap

Plus - and there's no way this is gonna sound right:cool: - but AESTHETICALLY speaking she's gorgeous on film. At least the way Favreau is filming. The right mix of beauty and serious badassery. Not some twiggy little thing. There's actresses I know have trained hard but for me still don't have the @ss-kicking believeability factor.:lsvader

Filoni wouldn't use an obvious cue like the distinctive clattering spurs sound, knowing that every hardcore fan is going to make the association specifically to Boba Fett, and then not pay it off after the long wait and anticipation. So I think the safe money is on a Boba Fett reveal setup, especially with Favreau's OT fan roots.

And I'm finding myself getting more and more eager for a Mando/Boba dynamic with Boba being his main antagonist. I'd prefer a long-running arc, but whatever it'd be would have my full attention.

True, Favreau - pretty appealing to listen to - seems to work hard to keep the fans in mind. Although, also, (although even Pascal initially thought he'd be Boba) Favreau seems to be drawing a hard line in introducing this "new" Mandalorian. Personally I'd rather see more of Gideon, based on what Esposito has said e.g. this character may be bad. Or good. Am curious about that; e.g. is this a character like Thanos (who, from a certain point of view, isn't technically WRONG. Er.:monkey3)

On the other hand, F & F hafta know there's a contingent of fans really wanting a Boba appearance. I dunno. Part of the appeal of the show for me is all the nods to SW but keeping the characters new; new planets, etc. There's other fans like me who had to backtrack to *understand* Boba fandom. LOL on the other hand seems like it'd be easy enough to fold Boba into the narrative. But then what - like, Din D'jaren is likely to live (to ride into sunset Western style), so would F&F have the *&^% to have Mando finally take Boba out for good:horror? Or not? Have a frenemy dynamic? :panic:

Just to be evil F&F could drag a potential Boba appearance into Season 3/4. Every now and then we see some boots and there's the music, but no reveal.:devil

I?d like to see an episode with a Hutt in it. Maybe a Hutt hires Mando to kill Sy Snoodles for killing Zero the Hutt, or something like that... granted that happened a long time ago, but Hutts seem to be long lived, and it could have been one of Zero’s old flames who had been away on business for a few decades. It would be fun to see some of those Sith acolytes as well. Just no Boba please, that whiny kid grew up to be a bumbling embarrassment. He hasn?t been cool since ESB before they told us the rest of the story, and that?s a long time ago. There are so many characters that could come into this show from other movies and series, but I suspect the most prominent ones never will, they would need new actors to play them anyway since I doubt they would use the de-aging software for a TV show.

IMO she's not tho. A bit weak at the outset, really good in episodes 7 & 8. Reminds me of Hemsworth who IMO was kinda not-great *in the beginning* but really settled in later. Also - least for me - there's just something appealing about her. Finally I'll give mad props to someone who re interviews is really into the part (and had the flu filming that pond scene https://www.wired.com/story/mandalorian-star-wars-soldier-tactics/) but pushed through it anyway. :clap

Plus - and there's no way this is gonna sound right:cool: - but AESTHETICALLY speaking she's gorgeous on film. At least the way Favreau is filming. The right mix of beauty and serious badassery. Not some twiggy little thing. There's actresses I know have trained hard but for me still don't have the @ss-kicking believeability factor.:lsvader

True, Favreau - pretty appealing to listen to - seems to work hard to keep the fans in mind. Although, also, (although even Pascal initially thought he'd be Boba) Favreau seems to be drawing a hard line in introducing this "new" Mandalorian. Personally I'd rather see more of Gideon, based on what Esposito has said e.g. this character may be bad. Or good. Am curious about that; e.g. is this a character like Thanos (who, from a certain point of view, isn't technically WRONG. Er.:monkey3)

On the other hand, F & F hafta know there's a contingent of fans really wanting a Boba appearance. I dunno. Part of the appeal of the show for me is all the nods to SW but keeping the characters new; new planets, etc. There's other fans like me who had to backtrack to *understand* Boba fandom. LOL on the other hand seems like it'd be easy enough to fold Boba into the narrative. But then what - like, Din D'jaren is likely to live (to ride into sunset Western style), so would F&F have the *&^% to have Mando finally take Boba out for good:horror? Or not? Have a frenemy dynamic? :panic:

Just to be evil F&F could drag a potential Boba appearance into Season 3/4. Every now and then we see some boots and there's the music, but no reveal.:devil

She is a perfect blend of 50% sexy and 50% brawler bad ass.

I'd put the odds at about a 65% chance that those boots are going to be Boba Fett. That was the episode that Dave Filoni wrote, and he doesn't seem to be the type who would pull a bait-and-switch on hardcore fans. He's much more likely to provide the fan service payoff.

Filoni wouldn't use an obvious cue like the distinctive clattering spurs sound, knowing that every hardcore fan is going to make the association specifically to Boba Fett, and then not pay it off after the long wait and anticipation. So I think the safe money is on a Boba Fett reveal setup, especially with Favreau's OT fan roots.

And I'm finding myself getting more and more eager for a Mando/Boba dynamic with Boba being his main antagonist. I'd prefer a long-running arc, but whatever it'd be would have my full attention.

It just has to be Fett.

Wasn't that just a tease for Moff Gideon? I mean, sometimes boots and a cape are just boots and a cape. Or has someone done a side-by-side comparison of the scenes and determined the boots and/or cape are different than what Giancarlo Esposito was wearing in Eps 7 & 8?

I'd put the odds at about a 65% chance that those boots are going to be Boba Fett. That was the episode that Dave Filoni wrote, and he doesn't seem to be the type who would pull a bait-and-switch on hardcore fans. He's much more likely to provide the fan service payoff.

It's supposedly this female "Covert Mandalorian":

1d6052fafabc44ee823120dfe8f212e6xl.jpg

c7dfb0dc-4306-454d-b7b3-1e5e9c890895-screen-shot-2019-12-06-at-105713-am.png

Wasn't that just a tease for Moff Gideon? I mean, sometimes boots and a cape are just boots and a cape. Or has someone done a side-by-side comparison of the scenes and determined the boots and/or cape are different than what Giancarlo Esposito was wearing in Eps 7 & 8?

:gah: :gah: :gah:

If master ajp caught you posting this he would be very grumpy.

Why would Moff Gideon be on Tatooine checking in on the body of a possibly-slain assassin? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just don't understand the connection to his reveal in Ep7. As for costume comparison, the boots and pistol holster don't seem to align with Gideon's costume at all. In fact, none of Gideon's more distinctive costume elements line up with what we see at the end of Ep5.

As for "sometimes boots and a cape are just boots and a cape" . . . well, yeah, but it's not like there wasn't a very distinctive auditory clue associated with that scene. As far as I know, that "clanking spurs" type of sound is unique to Boba Fett in the Bespin dinner table scene. At the very least, Filoni knew exactly what SW fans would assume that sound implied. So, it was either an intentional bait-and-switch setup, or it was meant to tease Boba.

It's supposedly this female "Covert Mandalorian":

1d6052fafabc44ee823120dfe8f212e6xl.jpg

c7dfb0dc-4306-454d-b7b3-1e5e9c890895-screen-shot-2019-12-06-at-105713-am.png

Well, damn. I didn't know anything about this "Covert Mandalorian." But, yeah, they probably wouldn't already have merchandise for a character without some future significant onscreen relevance. It lines up. So I guess I was wrong about Filoni being willing to bait and switch. I respect that, though.

:gah: :gah: :gah:

If master ajp caught you posting this he would be very grumpy.

My desire to see Boba on screen again is clouding my judgment. :lol Asta's post about the Covert Mandalorian seems like a probable outcome. Oh well; hopefully she'll be a cool new character added to the mix if it ends up being her instead of Boba.

Why would Moff Gideon be on Tatooine checking in on the body of a possibly-slain assassin? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just don't understand the connection to his reveal in Ep7. As for costume comparison, the boots and pistol holster don't seem to align with Gideon's costume at all. In fact, none of Gideon's more distinctive costume elements line up with what we see at the end of Ep5.

As for "sometimes boots and a cape are just boots and a cape" . . . well, yeah, but it's not like there wasn't a very distinctive auditory clue associated with that scene. As far as I know, that "clanking spurs" type of sound is unique to Boba Fett in the Bespin dinner table scene. At the very least, Filoni knew exactly what SW fans would assume that sound implied. So, it was either an intentional bait-and-switch setup, or it was meant to tease Boba.

Well, damn. I didn't know anything about this "Covert Mandalorian." But, yeah, they probably wouldn't already have merchandise for a character without some future significant onscreen relevance. It lines up. So I guess I was wrong about Filoni being willing to bait and switch. I respect that, though.

My desire to see Boba on screen again is clouding my judgment. [emoji38] Asta's post about the Covert Mandalorian seems like a probable outcome. Oh well; hopefully she'll be a cool new character added to the mix if it ends up being her instead of Boba.
Just to throw some shade on everyones guessing at the story line, I'll just remind you that the enclave of a mandalorian is called a Covert... Thus Mando saying to Paz you'll have to move the Covert... and getting the reply this is the way... and then to make another path of thought in the english language covert typically annotates a hidden or secret something or other or it could just be a descriptor that she belongs to the covert. All will unfold in due time. This is the way...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Whoa there, big fella! :lol My intent wasn't to provoke - I was merely asking the question. But IMO the connection was blatantly obvious - MG was on the trail of Mando and BY, and since THEY were on Tattoine it's not unreasonable to think he shows up there shortly afterwards. But in retrospect I think it would be odd that he'd walk up to her body alone (without a few of his deathtroopers), so that plus the boots/costume mismatch you mentioned (thanks for clarifying that) seems to indicate it was indeed someone else. So that was an intentional bait-and-switch, but it was meant to fool people like me who aren't Boba Fett experts.

Just to throw some shade on everyones guessing at the story line, I'll just remind you that the enclave of a mandalorian is called a Covert... Thus Mando saying to Paz you'll have to move the Covert... and getting the reply this is the way... and then to make another path of thought in the english language covert typically annotates a hidden or secret something or other or it could just be a descriptor that she belongs to the covert. All will unfold in due time. This is the way...

Oooohhh! That does give the "Covert" moniker a context that might make the Funko toy just a more generic character. My hope for a Fett return just got a little life kicked back into it. Thanks! So, you're sayin' there's a chance . . .

Is it November yet!? :gah:

Whoa there, big fella! :lol My intent wasn't to provoke - I was merely asking the question. But IMO the connection was blatantly obvious - MG was on the trail of Mando and BY, and since THEY were on Tattoine it's not unreasonable to think he shows up there shortly afterwards. But in retrospect I think it would be odd that he'd walk up to her body alone (without a few of his deathtroopers), so that plus the boots/costume mismatch you mentioned (thanks for clarifying that) seems to indicate it was indeed someone else. So that was an intentional bait-and-switch, but it was meant to fool people like me who aren't Boba Fett experts.

I didn't interpret any provocation from you. And I don't know how my reply would make you think that I did. Wires are just getting crossed here. :peace

That’s kinda what I thought

Oooohhh! That does give the "Covert" moniker a context that might make the Funko toy just a more generic character. My hope for a Fett return just got a little life kicked back into it. Thanks! So, you're sayin' there's a chance . . .

I didn't interpret any provocation from you. And I don't know how my reply would make you think that I did. Wires are just getting crossed here. :peace
I know!!! I needs muh Yoderlorian!!! Come on novemberrrrrrr hnnnngghhhhhh.

On a side note I think my mom might even enjoy it more than me; if that's even possible... My mom got me into star wars and she asked me last week or week before or whatever I think if I had watched the new episode and I was like mom we watched all of season 1 that was the cliffhanger. And she was like how long to the next season. And I was like a year. 'Now what am I gonna watch I wanna see baby yoda!' Shes funny.

I think there's more than a chance but (sorry) I think it might not happen until Season 3. Just 'coz if I were trying to establish a new character firmly in the hearts and minds, and I didn't want to risk fan wrath by getting rid of an old character, one way to do it would be to wait. Do a few seasons and firmly establish new character with distinct identity and then bring in the presents (since Favreau/Filoni mention not unwrapping presents all at once). Maybe do a few teasers here and there along the way. My guess is Din D'jaren's "Clan of Two" is gonna expand along the way. Mainly 'coz I can't get "The Outlaw Josey Wales" out of my head where the outlaw is a righteous man who also has to protect a new surrogate family.

But just based on what little of the cape is shown, don't think it is Gideon as his cape has more of triangle shape with more material. This cape seems more utilitarian with straight lines and drape. Also seems like Gideon thinks too much of himself to be hiking around a desert at night.

boots.jpg

Back