The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toro is Jake Cannavale, son of Bobby Cannavale, and Sidney Lumet's grandson. Mystery solved on how mediocrity gets in.

Not Fett. The cape is too long, boots are different.
My guess is Moff Gideon. About time to show G. Esposito.

More good points. IMO any Phatt can be held off to next season, if ever. Mixed feelings. Could be great if Phatt ever shows, as he doesn't follow the Way but would be a brutal antagonist. Or could be just lame and tired. I'd rather see more of Herzog, since the Client is a mystery as well.

More good points. IMO any Phatt can be held off to next season, if ever. Mixed feelings. Could be great if Phatt ever shows, as he doesn't follow the Way but would be a brutal antagonist. Or could be just lame and tired. I'd rather see more of Herzog, since the Client is a mystery as well.

Fett could definitely be the ultimate antagonist but if they let Daniel Logan play him again, especially if he takes off his helmet, then I'd prefer they just leave him dead.

Last edited:
Fett couldn't definitely be the ultimate antagonist but if they let Daniel Logan play him again, especially if he takes off his helmet, then I'd prefer they just leave him dead.

If D.L. shows up - That will be the day I loose all hope.

Fett couldn't definitely be the ultimate antagonist but if they let Daniel Logan play him again, especially if he takes off his helmet, then I'd prefer they just leave him dead.

D*mn, I gotta get the spelling right - OBVIOUSLY I wasn't into Boba.:cool: One of those who had to go read why he's got the MYSTIQUE.

To me he was bein' digested and gone, while more importantly Leia was wielding a big gun in a slave outfit, which for me will always be an enduring image of female badassery - and knowing what's important and what isn't.:cool: (And she had just choked Jabba with her own chain:clap)

Fast forward and there's the prequels...well, I dunno. Leaving Boba dead IMO is definitely safer than risking more lameness.:horror

Fast forward and there's the prequels...well, I dunno. Leaving Boba dead IMO is definitely safer than risking more lameness.:horror

It's really just that damn RO Vader scene that has given a fool's hope to Fett fans that he could theoretically be redeemed in similar fashion, lol.

Since Gilroy is doing the Cassian series (where Fett unquestionably *would* still be alive) I might prefer that we see what magic he might be able to work with the character instead despite The Mandalorian being a seemingly more obvious fit. This is a case where I'm glad that Gilroy has openly declared himself to not be a SW fan so at least I know he won't give a crap about having Fett sync up with any of GL's Morrison/Logan revisions, lol.

Gilroy: "A punk kid who runs around in his dad's outfit and ship? Nah, I never watched those movies so I'll just recast him and have him obliterate 50 rebels instead," lol. :D

I?m perfectly content with the narrow focus of the series. We?ve seen the horror Ducasfilm unleashes when it goes grand-scale and I?m ****ing terrified this is going to end in some desperate crossover with wounded Palpatine eating Force babies.

lulz

Holy crap I wonder if they're setting Fett up as being disgraced by his defeat at the Sarlacc Pit but that he was eavesdropping on the female assassin's speech about how catching Mando would make someone a bounty hunter legend again. :panic:

And I imagine that the Watiti and Favreau directed episodes coming up will be more in line with the quality of episodes 1-3.

Filoni is definately no Favreau or even Waititi never will be but under guidance he can play outside the cartoon space lol

:lol :lol

Yeah I have no problem with this show being a simple tour guide through the galaxy, locations both new and old, if they decide to continue down that path.

Very true and you're right he kind of did. Also a bit of a young Vince Vega vibe too. I did actually get a little concerned that the show was starting to show it's colors with *another* super badass female and a dopey incompetent male so soon after the widow and Cara Dune but nope, expectations subverted in a good way, lol.

Was it implied that he was from Corellia.

For every Han there would be thousands of these kids lacking what made Han special.

It actually didn't think it was Fett when watching the show for the reasons you mentioned. You're probably right.

Honestly I think its Bill Burr.

But will Burr be Fett is the million dollar question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's really just that damn RO Vader scene that has given a fool's hope to Fett fans that he could theoretically be redeemed in similar fashion, lol.

Since Gilroy is doing the Cassian series (where Fett unquestionably *would* still be alive) I might prefer that we see what magic he might be able to work with the character instead despite The Mandalorian being a seemingly more obvious fit. This is a case where I'm glad that Gilroy has openly declared himself to not be a SW fan so at least I know he won't give a crap about having Fett sync up with any of GL's Morrison/Logan revisions, lol.

Gilroy: "A punk kid who runs around in his dad's outfit and ship? Nah, I never watched those movies so I'll just recast him and have him obliterate 50 rebels instead," lol. :D

lol at that last paragraph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it implied that he was from Corellia.

For every Han there would be thousands of these kids lacking what made Han special.

Man that's a great point. I love it when these new stories like RO or this episode of Mando show that the SW galaxy isn't a walk in the park for anyone with a blaster and roguish grin. You've also got to be damn clever, inventive and lucky as hell. The scene where Toro blasted the female assassin did parallel young Han "shooting first" against Beckett but unlike Han Toro's luck ran out and his ego got the better of him just a few days later.

Which only makes Han all the more awesome. :rock

Comedy death. Wilhelm. Burping. I can't unsee it. It's like trying to unsee Jabba's tongue flapping around.

It'd have to be one heck of redemption after the prequels. And since Pascal has said he's an SW fan, how's he supposed to interact with that kind of apparition? Tough job for an actor IMO.:cool:

The scene where Toro blasted the female assassin did parallel young Han "shooting first" against Beckett but unlike Han Toro's luck ran out and his ego got the better of him just a few days later.

IMO what was great about it tho was Toro was a fresh character. Not Han, not even experienced, pretty much an oily *&^%. No young Luke-except-a-bounty-hunter-this-time. Not tropey re-hash.

Well RO redeemed Vader after Jake Lloyd, sand, and no so I think there's still a chance for Fett, lol.

It's Favreau. I have faith. Not for "perfection" but a guy who is a fan himself, and doesn't flip the fan community the bird. He knows how to
tell a story with little bits that tie stuff together. His Mando isn't Gary Sue and his Cara is definitely kick-@ss GAWDESS. He's made Jawas cool.
Baby Yoda. The Client. Soo-Ga!!!!!!:cool:

:duff

IMO what was great about it tho was Toro was a fresh character. Not Han, not even experienced, pretty much an oily *&^%. No young Luke-except-a-bounty-hunter-this-time. Not tropey re-hash.

Yes as far as SW characters in their 20's go Toro isn't a rehash of anyone before him. He was just a ****, the end, lol.

A couple of Mando's choices bothered me this episode. The first was when he let the youngster see baby Yoda. As much noise as Mando has made within the guild even a greenhorn might have heard something about Mando or the kid. The second was later leaving his young untrustworthy partner with a known seasoned killer, I mean what could possibly go wrong there? Then again in the first episode he let a prisoner use the can in an area with a weapons cache nearby. He certainly has a tendency to take some unnecessary chances.

A couple of Mando's choices bothered me this episode. The first was when he let the youngster see baby Yoda. As much noise as Mando has made within the guild even a greenhorn might have heard something about Mando or the kid. The second was later leaving his young untrustworthy partner with a known seasoned killer, I mean what could possibly go wrong there? Then again in the first episode he let a prisoner use the can in an area with a weapons cache nearby. He certainly has a tendency to take some unnecessary chances.

Agree with #2 tho it did lead to a rather interesting surprise twist - wasn't expecting that:cool:. #1 didn't bother me as it was clear the greenhorn was a wannabe and for me it was one of those things e.g. people see what they wanna see. A woman holding a baby - from the look on Toro's face what he thinks is an ugly baby :lol - is never gonna get attention.

#3 didn't bother me as I took it as Mando had a pretty good read on his prisoner and probably thought prisoner behavior was boringly predictable, which it was.

IMO it would've been better if Mando had gone around back and heard whole conversation on the rocks - which is what I thought was gonna happen. I guess the point was so narrative could leave trail in the form of a body and move story along. But one trope? I hope happens is Cara Dune is following Mando's hunters:pray:. Like if more bounty hunters had come to the village and she decides to do the right thing.

Back