1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t know which director directed what, but once I saw how that episode had Carano trying to deliver her lines with a smirk while trying to look cute, I had zero doubts that was Bryce’s episode:lol

Personally, I could do without episodes 4-6 and probably will never watch those three ever again but I’ll chalk it up to them just trying to flesh out Don’s character. And once I look at them as just “episodes of the week”, I can get over them.

Hopefully, there’ll be less of those kind of episodes. I could do without the Star Trekky “c-list” celebrity cameos too. Those did nothing for me but apparently, people say they’re fun:dunno

The episode like I said that reminded me of BratPack is probably the only one I could live without..but ironically I think that episode was written by one of Favreau’s closet friends so oh well :lol

Guest writers/directors are one of the few things I don?t like about the series. When you watch the season one trailer you get this serious, slick, ominous tone to the series. That?s what I?d like every episode to be. Not the mishmash of tones with some episodes feeling totally out of place and for the most part terrible.

If I had my own way I?d pick two or three episodes from season one and say whoever was involved with these let?s just stick with them.

I think the varying tones throughout the season was intentional and would have happened regardless of the writers or directors involved, since they clearly would have mapped out the entire story beforehand. I agree though it might have been better if they had kept it a bit more consistent.

I pretty much agree with davejames; look at how Disney is operating Marvel. The director isn't shooting everything, they do some of them, but the studio basically plans out all the action and stuff, it's like a factory. Isn't that why Wright wound up leaving Ant-Man and some other directors cause for leaving? I don't know how much each episode would've changed based on the directors. I swear I read Pedro Pascal wasn't even playing the Mandalorian in the episode in the space station, but I can't find it now.

That's by far my least favorite episode, everything seemed out of place in it. At the end it's: Let me let you guys live in the prison cell, despite you personally trying to murder me, and then I'm going to have the Republic destroy a space station with a bunch of people who probably had no idea what the hell was happening.

I pretty much agree with davejames; look at how Disney is operating Marvel. The director isn't shooting everything, they do some of them, but the studio basically plans out all the action and stuff, it's like a factory. Isn't that why Wright wound up leaving Ant-Man and some other directors cause for leaving? I don't know how much each episode would've changed based on the directors. I swear I read Pedro Pascal wasn't even playing the Mandalorian in the episode in the space station, but I can't find it now.

That's by far my least favorite episode, everything seemed out of place in it. At the end it's: Let me let you guys live in the prison cell, despite you personally trying to murder me, and then I'm going to have the Republic destroy a space station with a bunch of people who probably had no idea what the hell was happening.

The only significant piece of that episode was I got to see the same type of character that was the same as the original slave to Jabba in ROTJ , which I often wondered about. I just realized it wasn’t the writer that Favreau had the close ties to it was the cast..they were all personal friends in the acting business he knew about that’s why he wanted the episode to be so off the wall :lol

Its not on him to read anything he does not want to read. True enough. This is a big problem in the fan-base, however, as this issue re both Fetts is rehashed literally every day in other forums such as FB.

"Fett is not a Mandalorian and he sucks, he died like a wuss! Change my mind!" and further investigation reveals that the naysayer knows literally nothing about him.

But this is kinda like - and I know analogy to be dangerous - it would be if I, who knows almost nothing about Physics, disagreed with someone who finally presented the Piece de Resistance of Physics: a Grand Unified Theory.

Physicist presents research: HAHA here it is at last, a Grand Unified Theory!

Me: Your theory is bull!

Physicist: How do you know? What are your credentials? Who ARE you?

Me: Ummm.... I dont have any credentials. Your theory is still bull, though.

Physicist: But what is the basis of your complaint?

Me: I just feel like your theory is b.s. Its just a *feeling* I have. I dont LIKE it.

Physicist: Have you even read my theory?

Me: No..... [because dissenters have never, ever read a thing about Fett or his father or indeed, any Mandalorian or the Clones or... anything related]

...and so it goes. Such arguments don't sway anyone.

I am certain Fett?s appearance in the Mandalorian will bring him back into the mainstream. It?s just that Din has much more screen time and has never been characterized or subjected as comedic relief without making up for it by showing his skills later. Part of that has to do with being the protagonist of your own show versus an enigmatic background tertiary character. I think it?s a bit presumptuous to say if you don?t appreciate the Fetts, you have never read the books/comics. Of course in my case I really enjoyed Tales of the Bounty Hunters and Fett and Dengar especially. It doesn?t change the fact that the last episodic film appearance he goes out so pathetically.

Everything before the Sail barge scene in the OT reinforces Boba?s cool mystery and hidden prowess just waiting to be seen. It’s that drastic shift tonally that makes it even more jarring much like what happens to Phasma. For many people the Mandalorian and CW Mandalorians only emphasized this even more. If we take into consideration the PT, Jango went one on one with Kenobi and arguably has a more on screen demonstrated proficiency than his son. Just compare that action sequence versus Boba and Luke. Jango also has way more interesting comics than Boba considering his interactions with Count Dooku.

I don?t think comparing being a physicist and EU enthusiast are proper analogy. It?s more like something apocryphal or pseudoscience so it?s like speaking to an Astrologist about Astronomy. Also these are all opinions and preferences ultimately, I just don’t see someone writing a peer reviewed article on the legitimacy of the Fetts as Mandalorians. :p

I'm not an EU guy, but have read some of them, but was he really evil? I always just considered him to be an amoral bounty hunter.

EU Boba was Din Djarin minus the Baby Yoda upstaging him:lol

But yeah, the EU made him an anti-hero for the most part. And with Din being that guy now, I’m fine with Boba being a more villainous character with morals. Might as well keep him as the a-hole he was in Clone Wars for consistency sake.

I didn?t know which director directed what, but once I saw how that episode had Carano trying to deliver her lines with a smirk while trying to look cute, I had zero doubts that was Bryce?s episode:lol

Personally, I could do without episodes 4-6 and probably will never watch those three ever again but I?ll chalk it up to them just trying to flesh out Don?s character. And once I look at them as just ?episodes of the week?, I can get over them.

Hopefully, there?ll be less of those kind of episodes. I could do without the Star Trekky ?c-list? celebrity cameos too. Those did nothing for me but apparently, people say they?re fun:dunno

I didn?t mind 5 but 4 and 6 are ones on my dookie list. The Twilek in 6 was awful and I can do without the cameos as well.

The Bryce episode was a bit formulaic and the prison break episode dragged at times, but I still thought there was enough cool stuff in both to make them worthwhile. And I can't say I found any of the episodes to be complete duds.

The only episode I straight up disliked was the Tatooine episode. Had almost no redeeming qualities for me barring the tease at the end. And the acting was just atrocious from the rookie bounty hunter character. Prison break was probably my favorite of the filler episodes, just badass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked the prison one (episode 6) a lot. Episodes 4 & 5 are the only ones I thought were weak but even then were still enjoyable.

"Sanctuary" was my least favorite, but I still enjoyed it. I didn't dislike a single episode.

I liked episode 4 because of the walker scene at night. Just standing there with the light one scanning the area was awesome. Episode 5 was my least favorite, but liked the fan service

"Sanctuary" was my least favorite, but I still enjoyed it. I didn't dislike a single episode.

Okay the beauty of it being on D+ is that I can revisit The series on my device at any given time

Ep 4 Sanctuary was written by Bryce Dallas Howard

Ep 6 Prisoner was the culprit episode I liked least

[Sanctuary] was pretty generic. The AT-ST action at the end was its one redeeming quality. I dunno: forced love interest attempt was pretty cringy

It was BEYOOONNNDDD CRINGEY

Several light-years beyond cringey. The other half has requested - at last - to watch this series. I am giving serious thought to our just skipping this episode, because I know already what he's going to say. And I'll have to agree.... because it was definitely the weakest link.

When she put her hands on his helmet, I swear my hair almost stood on end

that episode was pretty generic. The AT-ST action at the end was its one redeeming quality. I dunno: forced love interest attempt was pretty cringy

All the stuff between Mando and Cara was really good as well I thought. But yeah, that was one of those episodes that just softened up the character a little too much for my taste.

I didn’t have any problems with that episode. The only episode I found a bit lacking compared to the others was The Gunslinger. Some of the casting and acting was Hallmark TV levels. There isn’t a single episode that I disliked though.

I didn't dislike any of the episodes personally, some were amazing like the first couple and the last two, everything inbetween was good also but the bar was just set too high by everything else.

Back