1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread just has that feeling it’ll be cleaned up soon so let’s get back to this figure:lol

63A4FFBB-1A7B-4B65-B50F-6A9CB76BF170.jpeg

D14EE349-8A10-4622-B7BD-82AE6D8F52B1.jpeg

I know I am going to raise some controversy here... but I am going to say it nonetheless. The Mandalorian is the first piece of Star Wars non-movie material that I end up liking. Apart from some (older) videogames, the rest has always repelled me. I am forcing myself to watch the clone wars. I just finished the first season and man, it is such a pain to watch. Too childish. There are some mature theme and some serious writing, but the format and the target put me off. There are too many episodes, many of them are far from poignant and they are always going to appeal to a younger audience, with goofy dialogues or exaggerated voice acting.

I really hope that the tone will veer towards more mature tones with the progressing of the seasons.

I watched season 1 of rebels and it gave out the same negative vibes for me.

The Mandalorian instead is way more appealing to me. And I praise Favreau and Filoni for the respect they have towards the Star Wars universe.

I'm pretty much the same, I didn't watch anything until when the new TCW season started, I rewatched the last one that led into it. I picked up Rebels and I liked that.

The thing is, Clone Wars starts as a kids show and begins to mature later on. Season 3-4 and onwards have some pretty dark moments and storylines, they start to strike more of a balance between both the younger and more mature audiences.. It's worth sticking with the show. But remember at the end of the day, Star Wars has always been for kids.

Rebels is a kids show pretty much through and through but when it's good, it's really good. It still has some dark and emotional moments though, but they are few and far between. Twilight of the Apprentice, Twin Suns, Zero Hour and a majority of season 4 are great. Pretty much any of the arcs with Ahsoka, Maul, Vader and Thrawn are amazing.

So far from what I've watched, I like Rebels more than TCW, maybe because it's all new characters and set a lot closer to the OT, so seeing Stormtroopers and stuff was good.

Back to the actor, I do have to agree with some that them marketing him as the character, finding out SO much was done by the stunt guys was annoying. Like him sitting and talking to people shouldn't be a stunt guy. Comparing to Vader, there was a reason for the difference in getting the voice they wanted vs. someone big enough to act the part too. Mando was all new, could've been anyone casting. But again it goes back to my point earlier about the Disney factory this show is produce in. They previsualized/animated basically the episodes entirely before shooting.

I still like the show lots, but have to get this 'behind the scenes' crap out of my head, I'm pulling the curtain too far back for my own enjoyment.

Quick question for those who already have the figure in hand. Do you think the headlight and the flame effects from the Beskar version can be used with this current version? It looks like the flame effect has a peg that slides under the bracer, and the light seems magnetic. Can you check if your helmet has a magnet where the light is supposed to connect?

90132184_2788459314555992_9210427748453974016_o.jpg

the-mandalorian-and-the-child-deluxe_star-wars_gallery_5e72501509ce2.jpg

90060903_2804053856382251_2783847022145306624_o.jpg

Quick question for those who already have the figure in hand. Do you think the headlight and the flame effects from the Beskar version can be used with this current version? It looks like the flame effect has a peg that slides under the bracer, and the light seems magnetic. Can you check if your helmet has a magnet where the light is supposed to connect?

View attachment 492964

View attachment 492966

View attachment 492967

I am wondering the same thing.
I want the pre-Beskar release, but some of the accessories and the Child from the Deluxe Beskar figure.

Wow I thought that first photo was an actual dude in a suit, like a screen test photo or something. This looks fantastic![emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Yeah, got to give it to HT, they have the occasional swing and miss, but when they connect, it's out of the park.

Wow, you can really see in the above pics how much broader the shoulders are on the Beskar figure. Really hope HT corrects that for the final release.

They will. It?ll be the same body, suit but different color and same shoulder pads that this one has one of

The one good thing about the beskar's release date is that we'll see season 2 first and see any new outfit changes before it releases.

Also find it interesting that almost every plate on this figure is velcro and not just the one shoulder pad, so I'm assuming they did that for a reason, people who want to swap out plates with the beskar will be able to (assuming they keep velcro on the beskar figure).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is, Clone Wars starts as a kids show and begins to mature later on. Season 3-4 and onwards have some pretty dark moments and storylines, they start to strike more of a balance between both the younger and more mature audiences.. It's worth sticking with the show. But remember at the end of the day, Star Wars has always been for kids.

Rebels is a kids show pretty much through and through but when it's good, it's really good. It still has some dark and emotional moments though, but they are few and far between. Twilight of the Apprentice, Twin Suns, Zero Hour and a majority of season 4 are great. Pretty much any of the arcs with Ahsoka, Maul, Vader and Thrawn are amazing.

I finally just finished watching Clone Wars. I kept hearing that it gets better though it didn't truly grab my attention until the last two seasons. There were definitely some good arcs and episodes in the earlier seasons but there is just so... much... filler. Every time they would have episodes focused around Jar-Jar or the droids I would just groan and soldier through. Even the last two seasons, while a highlight to me, had quite a few episodes I could live without. I think if I narrowed it down to the episodes I found necessary and enjoyable I could watch them all in an afternoon.

It's also difficult to get pulled in to when the stakes are so low. For the most part you know the fate of every character on screen, so long as you've seen the prequel trilogy.

It was still worth a watch and I found moments of it truly captivating, I just wish that it had been a majority of the show and not 10%.

Also, kid Boba is annoying.

The one good thing about the beskar's release date is that we'll see season 2 first and see any new outfit changes before it releases.

Also find it interesting that almost every plate on this figure is velcro and not just the one shoulder pad, so I'm assuming they did that for a reason, people who want to swap out plates with the beskar will be able to (assuming they keep velcro on the beskar figure).

Like I said. Boom! Season 2 Promo Version if they really wanted to announce this after the trailer drops in the next week or two:dunno

B8A4562D-B521-4BE8-8A52-871BEF34E617.jpeg

Wow, you can really see in the above pics how much broader the shoulders are on the Beskar figure. Really hope HT corrects that for the final release.

It doesn't look too bad in the Secret Base display compared to the Glam Shot on the bottom. And if this one is anything to go by, you can probably adjust the velcro to bring it down some to your liking. I will agree and say that I'm also not a fan of how high they sit on him. It always comes across to me like the suits women wore in the 80's with the high shoulder pads.

mandalorian_ver2_xlg.jpg

Back