1/6 The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't do much preordering these days but this guy looks to good to pass up. Order in.

I know its probably jumping the gun, as we haven't even seen the show yet but I love the look of this character so much I've already put down a pre-order for this guy. The price is great and the prototype looks excellent. Hope the show and character live up to the high expectations.
I told myself I?d wait until seeing the show, but I?m weak. :lol.

I think if it had a higher price point I?d resist it more, but $243 is fair. I also feel like the show is going to be one of the better things to come out of Disney Star Wars so far so it seems like a safe purchase.

Nothing has caught my attention in a long time. Picked up a few old SSC figures throughout 2019.
PO?ed this duo the hour they went up... First PO of the year! Used up my $100+ RP?s I?ve been saving up to hinder the blow. Can?t wait for these and the show.

Edit: Nevermind... I PO?ed Krennic in January :D

I know its probably jumping the gun, as we haven't even seen the show yet but I love the look of this character so much I've already put down a pre-order for this guy. The price is great and the prototype looks excellent. Hope the show and character live up to the high expectations.

Yeap.

So in terms of the long weapon...
It seems on the actual real outfit it naturally just sits on the back over the cloak
d23-the-mandalorian-costume-12-768x512.jpg

While the figure seems to have a hole in it that it slides into
71601314_203488160786910_7605015996927132273_n.jpg
Odd choice. Hmm. I wonder how it attaches underneath. Hopefully we can do it over the cloak like the real suit without it looking too awkward.

View attachment 467757
Odd choice. Hmm. I wonder how it attaches underneath. Hopefully we can do it over the cloak like the real suit without it looking too awkward.

Nah, it looks like they've pinned the cape back a bit two it doesn't hide his belt accessories etc by the look. See the left side of the cape. They've wrapped it around the stand pole.

Wouldn't make sense to have a hole in the cape. How would he get it out quickly.

It seems on the actual real outfit it naturally just sits on the back over the cloak
View attachment 467758

attachment.php

View attachment 467757

Nah, it looks like they've pinned the cape back a bit two it doesn't hide his belt accessories etc by the look. See the left side of the cape. They've wrapped it around the stand pole.

Wouldn't make sense to have a hole in the cape. How would he get it out quickly.
Then how does the rifle re-appear on the front side of the cape. No amount of "pinning" or "wrapping" would physically allow for that.
It would be impossible. It's clearly as seen, a hole through the cape,

As to why it's there? certainly not show accurate. The extended scene of him walking through town (with the roasting Salacious Crumbs especially the shot when he walks into Herzog's hideaway ) you can see the cape does get tucked to one side of the rifle. But the rifle never goes through the cape.
It's really just done as an odd choice to display the figure with the rifle at an angle?

Hmm. I wonder how it attaches underneath. Hopefully we can do it over the cloak like the real suit without it looking too awkward.
As shown the (show accurate) strap over the top will hold it fine...
attachment.php

The way it's clipped on from the top only however, It'll likely just naturally want to hang straight up and down, not at a cool desired angle....
Spoiler Spoiler:

Hence as far as posing it, so that it always hangs at an angle, with the other end showing (which is probably why they put the hole in it for the display) , you'll probably just have to futz with it, or rig your own trick to get it to always hang at an angle.

FoVYTd7.jpg

After release, and this post is long forgotten....
You'll probably get a half dozen posts here discussing - :"Any cool tricks to get the rifle to hang at an angle?"
Suggestion; Don't cut a hole in the cape, you're either going to have to add a heavy weight into the rifle-butt to counter balance it, or just push a tiny one of these through the cape, and hook it at the angle you want.
tiny.jpg

Although more statue, you can see even Kotobukiya had to peg the rifle at the center of the cape to hold it at a nice angle.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Ordered both. Just too Damn cool looking

Heck I don't even collect SW really - just a fig here and there. But IG-11 and Mandelorian on list. Agree just too damn cool looking. As soon as I can figure out the $$$$$$$:crying

Preordered this guy. Just such a cool and instantly iconic design. Hope the series lives up to how good it looks from the trailers..! Think I’m looking forward to the mandalorian more than episode 9 :horror

Was looking at a revue of the 6" Cara Dune figure, she comes with a knife that tucks into her left boot.
Then remembered in the extended behind the scenes Mando footage, there is a scene where the Mando goes staby joe, and plunges a knife into a rival Mandalorian's neck!
Spoiler Spoiler:

And in the trailer it forms part of his gearing up montage...

giphy.gif

I don't remember seeing it in the Hot Toys figure, unless I'm missing it?
I quick look at the D Expo costume display (bellow), and looks like he also regualrly keeps it in his boot (right leg).
It's probably not something in every scene, but it did form part of his costume displayed at the Expo. It's small detail absence wouldn't be a deal breaker or anything, the Hot Toys figure is loaded with more then enough beautiful detail
Just wondering if it's there in the Hot Toys figure? Every shot I've seen- https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232451&p=10195386&viewfull=1#post10195386 -
and here- https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232451&p=10196274&viewfull=1#post10196274
the angle of that right leg is just off enough to hide it?

CO57cNB.jpg
D0Knr8e.jpg
[/IMG]

Good catch! I just scoured some of HT?s pics and couldn?t find evidence of the knife either. I wouldn?t be surprised if they do include it. I remember a few times some minor outfit accessories are included with the final product but not shown in preview pics.
But unless we can find an actual pic to confirm it?ll be hard to tell.

Since this is a prototype that is over a year away from delivery (or longer depending on the inevitable delays), it's a good bet that some tweaking to the outfit and accessories could happen, especially after the show actually airs.

Disney is pretty bullish on this....apparently the second season is already in production (with Carl Weathers directing an episode) and it's likely that the Mando with have plenty of adjustments to his look that will be reflected on a figure. If this is truly a big hit, expect Disney and HT to milk this character for everything they can.

Back