Action Figure The Mandalorian- 1:6 Remnant Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it's that great personality, but you could always add more yourself if you think you can do better.

During this time period, the majority of stormtrooper gear is completely jacked up. Jacked up is the norm. It is a statement of Moff Gideon?s power that he can field clean troopers just as much as he can field death troopers or any of the variety of imperial equipment he shows up with. Having death troopers, incinerators, an e-web, scouts and bikes, troop transports, etc displays he grabbed up a variety of critical imperial supplies; clean stormtroopers also means he still also has a deep bench of remaining supplies. I would bet that after we see a season or even multiple seasons of Mando taking this guy on, that we won?t be seeing many clean troopers available for Gideon to deploy in the later episodes of this conflict.

I don't buy it. Rex managed to keep his armour in good condition for decades. This is only 5 years after return of the Jedi.

I don't buy it. Rex managed to keep his armour in good condition for decades. This is only 5 years after return of the Jedi.

Do we know that Rex was wearing the exact same suit of armor and that it wasn't replaced? He also might have had access to better means of maintaining his armor. Of course this is all based on two different TV shows depicting the same fictitious universe.

That said I would still lean towards Mando-lore and on-screen depictions over an animated children's show.

When I look at the orange weathering on the new fig, it seems to be more of a corroding type weathering than just dirt or whatnot.......but no argument that the sand trooper doesn't have great weathering.

Do we know that Rex was wearing the exact same suit of armor and that it wasn't replaced? He also might have had access to better means of maintaining his armor. Of course this is all based on two different TV shows depicting the same fictitious universe.

That said I would still lean towards Mando-lore and on-screen depictions over an animated children's show.

Sure. What ever bud. Clearly no point discussing this with you :wave

I won't insult your adult sensibilities on this toy forum about scifi space wizard kid movies anymore and let you get back to your adulting of sticking rhinestones onto dollies.

Last edited:
Sure. What ever bud. Clearly no point discussing this with you :wave

No need to be sensitive.

I'm making my way through the series right now and while I enjoy elements of it, it's clearly aimed at a younger audience. There's nothing wrong with that, I just wouldn't look to it as a source for world building consistency. One of the episodes was literally a re-telling of the children's fable The Tortoise and the Hare.

Feel like this is a good contrast between the pride of the clones who were driven by "duty and honor" and the morale of the stormtroopers who were performing a "job". Rex had love and respect for the maintenance of his armor the way a Spartan might have for his shield. The Stormy's...not so much?

Feel like this is a good contrast between the pride of the clones who were driven by "duty and honor" and the morale of the stormtroopers who were performing a "job". Rex had love and respect for the maintenance of his armor the way a Spartan might have for his shield. The Stormy's...not so much?

I did consider this and I am sure it plays a big part in it. But paint chipped rusted armour just doesn't really sit. This isn't painted steal. It's a pretty short time to be so completed messed up. Anyway, I'm probably just thinking too much about this kiddy stuff :p Loved the world building in Mando but some stuff felt more like "this would be cool" rather than making sense.

The Mandalorian show was super fun, but flawed. For myself, ep 4-6 were the weakest. Has lots of unexplored potential. I still feel the 30 min run time really hurts the show: it's over just as the episode gets going. That said, I have high hopes for season 2.

The Mandalorian show was super fun, but flawed. For myself, ep 4-6 were the weakest. Has lots of unexplored potential. I still feel the 30 min run time really hurts the show: it's over just as the episode gets going. That said, I have high hopes for season 2.

Yep totally agree with the run time. As far as I have seen this has been the biggest gripe most have had from the very first episodes. So hopefully Disney/Faverau has heard and it was incorporated into the writing for S2.

I can also imagine S1 was a test of sorts. So keeping costs and runtime somewhat to a minimum was probably planned. Now it's a success, fingers crossed this means more time, budget etc. Perhaps they have also become more efficient now too so similar budget can go a bit further ?

I don't know. Maybe I'm just burned out by Netflix bloat but I found the 30ish minute run time refreshing. It kept a quick pace without a lot of milling about or down-time. If they need an hour to tell part of the story they can double up the episodes with a cliffhanger.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just burned out by Netflix bloat but I found the 30ish minute run time refreshing. It kept a quick pace without a lot of milling about or down-time. If they need an hour to tell part of the story they can double up the episodes with a cliffhanger.

Me and my wife just finished Season 3 of DARK, and we couldn't believe the length of the episodes. Over an hour each, lol.
There's something to be said for half hour episodes to keep each one moving fast.
They are like episodes of Scooby-Doo!

Me and my wife just finished Season 3 of DARK, and we couldn't believe the length of the episodes. Over an hour each, lol.
There's something to be said for half hour episodes to keep each one moving fast.

Exactly. That's what I hate. 30 minutes makes it feel like a Sunday morning cartoon to me. And knowing Filoni's experience, well I'll leave it at that.

50 min or an hour would be great. I'd also watch 1,5hrs, but an hour would give more satisfaction and perhaps more story and character development.

I know it costs a lot per minute. But still, just a bit more per episode would make it more satisfying to me.

Got in my first remnant trooper today. I really like it. A few quick phone pics
fc01cc2b785adacd80140113c972cab4.jpg

16a3423ea437dc2244b588ab1b5a08ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

?And I would have got away with it too, if it weren?t for that darn...child and his Mandalorian. Don?t you agree??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back