The Man-Thing - Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When something costs $500, ES plays a role. If this had an ES any higher than 300, there would be more cancellations than with this relatively low ES.

True. I doubt I keep this order, but I pr-order any Marvel piece and then decide later. I like to increase the ES unnecessarily.

It does play a role but it shouldn't play a role is what I am getting at.

Well that depends on the type of collector. To some..the rarity of the piece is what they are after. Its just a different type of collection. I personally like to say "hey look at this statue of a character I like...isnt it cool looking" Some collectors prefer to say "DUDE, there are only 50 of these in the whole freaking world! Not really sure who it is...but ONLY 50!!" Lots of people are a blend of the two. Really just depends on the person. I wouldnt say one is right and one is wrong though.

Well that depends on the type of collector. To some..the rarity of the piece is what they are after. Its just a different type of collection. I personally like to say "hey look at this statue of a character I like...isnt it cool looking" Some collectors prefer to say "DUDE, there are only 50 of these in the whole freaking world! Not really sure who it is...but ONLY 50!!" Lots of people are a blend of the two. Really just depends on the person. I wouldnt say one is right and one is wrong though.

Yea you are right, to each their own. Just seems silly to me but I guess just because I think it is silly doesn't mean it is wrong.

Yea you are right, to each their own. Just seems silly to me but I guess just because I think it is silly doesn't mean it is wrong.

I agree with you. It seems silly to go after something JUST because of the ES. Look at it this way....some people collect edition sizes like we collect statues we like. Although I will admit that a low ES makes the statue all the sweeter if I am already interested (i.e. exclusive Galactus LSB!)

Well said. That being said, most of my collection is stuff I really do enjoy to look at, regardless of ES. It's still a comforting feeling to know that something you own wasn't whored out with a too large circulation run.

What does it matter if the ES edition is lower? Going to sell for double later on?
The ES does play a part in the overall cost. As you well know it would cost Sideshow quite a bit of money to make only a few pieces as oppossed to spreading the cost over a large number of sculpts. It appears that edition sizes of 500 or less will push the cost of the PF to the $500 range. This is good and bad. Bad in the sense that a lot of people will be shut out cost wise. Good that true fans, of said character, have a very limited piece that others will be very envious of.

Well said. That being said, most of my collection is stuff I really do enjoy to look at, regardless of ES. It's still a comforting feeling to know that something you own wasn't whored out with a too large circulation run.

True that. True fans with money will find this a welcomed piece while flippers will buy it hoping to make a quick buck. The high cost will limit bull^^^^^ers & non-fans and the low es will make swallowing the high cost less painful.

Probably closer to $500 because it'd be hollow. I would gladly pay though for a 1/4 scale Hulkbuster Comiquette

Are you kidding me? a battle damaged Hulkbuster Ironman would be freaking huge and I doubt it would be hollow. It would have to be as large or larger than Abomination is and $500 would be very low. $650 min. for this.

Last edited:
Nah, sideshow wouldnt even do a battle damaged Hulkbuster. They would do a regular hulkbuster and stop.

You would think they would stop but I've seen stranger things still. It sure didn't stop Sideshow from making 3 PF's of the Thing and a Green and Gray Hulk, so a battle damaged Hulk Buster would not be too far fetched.

You would think they would stop but I've seen stranger things still. It sure didn't stop Sideshow from making 3 PF's of the Thing and a Green and Gray Hulk, so a battle damaged Hulk Buster would not be too far fetched.

Oh...that's a good point! They probably would have 3 versions of Hulkbuster. An exclusive with lifting face mask showing starks face. A regular without the stark face. And then Battle damaged!

Back