The Magnificent Seven

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm totally okay with this. If it's a half-decent, competently made Western, it's good in my book. That genre needs all the love it can get.

Well I think you're getting ahead of yourself yoda. First, we need a prequel to the reboot of the remake, which will star Will Smith's son as the Denzel character of course. It will be a cross between Wild Wild West and the Happening.

The original is not to be topped- Steve McQueen? How can you top him?

This will be more violent and that's about it

Love the Magnificent Seven and it certainly doesn't need a remake, but this could be ok.

I actually wanted them to spin the magnificent 7 into a star wars spin off where someone puts a team of mercenaries together to go hunt a bounty, but it turns out who they go after is Obi-wan hiding on Tatooine. The world needs more space westerns....

Well, Zack Snyder talked about wanting to make a Seven Samurai type Star Wars movie. I doubt it'll ever happen but had to mention it since M7 is a remake of SS.

Another remake nobody was asking for?

Denzel's a plus i guess, but Chris Pratt goes down about as well as a piss flavoured milkshake with me. Genuinely surprised to get to the end of the trailer without hearing THAT iconic music though.

Antoine certainly Fuqua'd up on this just like he did with The Equalizer, it seems he doesn't realise that the original theme tune is so important.

If that doesn't stir you then you must be a ****ing robot!!! :lol What the **** were you thinking Antoine? :slap

I won't spoil it for anyone but like Fuqua's The Equalizer, The Magnificent Seven is a solid and enjoyable film that more than once pays homage to the original. Fuqua certainly delivered the diversity that was called for since before the last Oscar Ceremony, the 'Indian' may seem like a novelty addition for some and a more recognisable actor would've really helped dismiss this. As for Denzil Washington, the guy would be watchable in The Teletubbies :lecture

Back