The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya, Gagaliya! They really don't seem to care about a whole slew of us collectors. Soon after Comic-Con looks like it will be never, if you ask me... I mean, heck, if they really do have a statue/PF ready or in the works, snap a pic and post it to FB as a tease...

But...but... Queen of the Dead, two different Conans, Red Sonja

Thing is we know they've said we're getting something. Plus we have Weta turning out lots of cool stuff. I find concentrating on the positive much more fun.

Thing is we know they've said we're getting something. Plus we have Weta turning out lots of cool stuff. I find concentrating on the positive much more fun.

Quite Right. LOTR isn't dead at all. There will always be cool stuff somewhere. Sadly, SSC might not make many more PF's but there will be plenty of cool stuff from WETA. Just look at AZOG!

Quite Right. LOTR isn't dead at all. There will always be cool stuff somewhere. Sadly, SSC might not make many more PF's but there will be plenty of cool stuff from WETA. Just look at AZOG!

it's not that, they left everyone who bought and collected the lotr maquette series hanging on the LAST freaking statue that will complete the fellowship...that is AFTER the **** said on record they will complete the fellowship in the maquette series as a priority 3 years ago...

talk about giving some of their most loyal customers (like josh) the middle finger. Who runs a business like that?

it's not that, they left everyone who bought and collected the lotr maquette series hanging on the LAST freaking statue that will complete the fellowship...that is AFTER the **** said on record they will complete the fellowship in the maquette series as a priority 3 years ago...

talk about giving some of their most loyal customers (like josh) the middle finger. Who runs a business like that?

Yeah and the reason they can do it is because collectors like Josh just don't care about it. They are happy with anything they get.

We don't really know that we're getting anything, all they've said is we might see something during Spook, or maybe before the end of the year. SS says a lot of things - seeing is believing.

But you're right about Weta... the stuff they are producing is amazing! And their relationship with their customers is second to none!

Yeah and the reason they can do it is because collectors like Josh just don't care about it. They are happy with anything they get.

So I get part of the blame? :lol That's the problem with collectors like you. You assume I'm not ticked off about it. I'm not happy about things and am very disappointed. I've shared my frustrations with SS at comic-con and have chosen to concentrate on what I can control, which is getting awesome stuff from Weta.

We don't really know that we're getting anything, all they've said is we might see something during Spook, or maybe before the end of the year. SS says a lot of things - seeing is believing.

But you're right about Weta... the stuff they are producing is amazing! And their relationship with their customers is second to none!

We shall see. I feel confident we should see something.

I agree Weta is knocking stuff out of the park and they're a great company to deal with. :rock

Last edited:
I've heard horror stories about SSC, but their dealings with me have been smooth.

I personally don't like how they do rewards, gift cards, and discounts. I haven't bought anything from WETA yet so I don't know how they compare.

SS for me has always been great to deal with. So I can't complain how they've treated me for the last decade.

SS for me has always been great to deal with. So I can't complain how they've treated me for the last decade.

:lecture :exactly: :goodpost:

I've been collecting Sideshow for 10 years as well and even though I'm disappointed in the current Middle Earth state of affairs, they have exceeded anything you can expect from a collectibles company (a business) in my dealings with them. More than all the other collectible companies combined. They will always have my respect! :bow

Please read two posts up where you completely contradict yourself. :cuckoo:

Geez, you make this too easy.

I didn't contradict myself at all. I said I let them know when I'm not happy with one of their decisions. The post you quoted I was speaking to how they treat me as a collector when I talk with them or have an issue.

:lecture :exactly: :goodpost:

I've been collecting Sideshow for 10 years as well and even though I'm disappointed in the current Middle Earth state of affairs, they have exceeded anything you can expect from a collectibles company (a business) in my dealings with them. More than all the other collectible companies combined. They will always have my respect! :bow

Exactly! That's what I was getting at.

I didn't contradict myself at all. I said I let them know when I'm not happy with one of their decisions. The post you quoted I was speaking to how they treat me as a collector when I talk with them or have an issue.

Yeah, your post was pretty obvious what you were referring to.

Back