The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet they go with the rog. They know it will sell like the hot tomalie. It would sell out even with an edition size of 8k

Saurman would be my #1 guess for likely prospects if we get anything at all. He at least has a wider following as Lee is a big name so it would appeal to more than just LOTR. I would prefur a Balrog or battle troll, but those are going to be too big. I am still shocked we got a Sauron and would be happy with a Saurman.

Yeah, I'd be happy too. Especially since there doesn't seem to be much Saurman stuff out there.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't complain.

Treebeard would be cool, but He'd be huge.

The ones i would like to see would be

1 a large scale Balrog
2 full Treebeard
3 Shelob vs Sam
4 legendary scale Gandalf the grey figure..:monkey5:monkey4

If sauron didn't make the LSF line, I wonder if there will ever be a Lotr LSF figure. I guess I could see a 1:2 GTG or Arargorn, but prolly nobody else.

I highly doubt we see a piece labeled LSF as far as LOTR goes. Sauron or the RWOS are as close as I think we will get.

Any idea what scale are we talking about for a Balrog PF to be realistic? The usual PF 1/4 scale would be enormous!

They could not do a 1/4 scale rog. The Balrog we saw in the movie looked anywhere between 25-30 feet tall. The original rog was like 18 I think.

If we see a Balrog it will be about the same size from SSW and most likely will come from Weta's solo LOTR line.

They could not do a 1/4 scale rog. The Balrog we saw in the movie looked anywhere between 25-30 feet tall. The original rog was like 18 I think.

The original Balrog has been estimated to be 1/14. To be honest I would love SS or Weta to produce a larger version. A Balrog PF would be awesome! I guess we wait and see...

I think we might see a Sideshow balrog Maquette they did hint at it, A balrog premium format would be about around 5 foot tall..

I think we might see a Sideshow balrog Maquette they did hint at it, A balrog premium format would be about around 5 foot tall..

Wow! A 1/6 Balrog maquette! What a dream come true that would be! I hope they have something like that up their sleeve after so much waiting...

When did they hint at a Balrog maquette? Would love to see it done, but SS hasn't hinted at anything for the maquette line for more than a year now...

1/6 Balrog in your dreams...all $4000

I don't think it would be 4000$ given that Darth Malgus life size figure is at 6000$. Anyway, I am just saying that the Balrog is a "character" in the Middle Earth mythology that deserves to have a big impressive statue made of. Also, the original Balrog was so well made that a new statue on a similar size would be pointless.

Would a big Balrog be expensive? Yes. But this is an expensive hobby and you get what you pay for. Personally I am trying to pass on on things that I do not really love, even if they are cheap, so that when something impressive and expensive comes, and I am sure it will at some point, I have saved the money to buy it.

The SS Balrog LSB is 1/6. You tell me how big it would be if they put that head on a full size body and how much you think it would cost. Just curious. I don't see it being made. If the Neca piece was 1/6 the wingspan would be almost 10 ft wide FYI. From a business point of view it would be out of reach for most, very limited ES and very exclusive too . They made quite a few other Balrogs all of which sold. SSW had 2, SS had the dio, LSB, GG had the bust too. All sold showing this beast is very well loved no matter what the scale. If something like this gets made I will be surprised as well as impressed too, as well as very very broke

Last edited:
A true 1:6 Balrog will never ever ever happen. Now, if anyone is wanting a Balrog we need to make sure to let Weta know. That will get us a nice sized Balrog in the same scale as the Daddy Rog.

I hear ya, Gagaliya! They really don't seem to care about a whole slew of us collectors. Soon after Comic-Con looks like it will be never, if you ask me... I mean, heck, if they really do have a statue/PF ready or in the works, snap a pic and post it to FB as a tease...

Back