The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this great statue was not that small, the shelob base if I remember correctly was the second largest LOTR base used by Weta at the time...

One of my dream collectibles would be a 1/6 diorama of Sam with Sting fighting Shelob. The sear size and magnificence of this piece gives me chills!

As Sideshow now won't be doing one, as Weta have the LOTR line back i'm hoping one day to have a statue like that... probably won't be until The Hobbit is done though.

As Sideshow now won't be doing one, as Weta have the LOTR line back i'm hoping one day to have a statue like that... probably won't be until The Hobbit is done though.

I don't know, I am not convinced that SS is done with Middle earth. A fellow collector in Greece contacted them through facebook and they told him that there will be Middle Earth stuff at Spooktacular. I guess we wait and see...

I don't know, I am not convinced that SS is done with Middle earth. A fellow collector in Greece contacted them through facebook and they told him that there will be Middle Earth stuff at Spooktacular. I guess we wait and see...

Probably an Azog PF.

Sideshow have stopped doing LOTR dioramas now.

Yup, Middle Earth at Sideshow has been on life support for quite a long time and it's pretty much comatose. It feels like the doctors are about to pull the plug as the patient is circling the drain despite protestations to the contrary. :thud:

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, but SS's response to the poster on FB was the typical non-answer we've come to expect from them regarding LOTR. Note how it says that it should be announced before the end of the year, maybe during Spooktacular... It's totally non-committal. They went from soon after Comic-Con, to maybe Spooktacular to possibly before the end of the year... Seems to me they're just trying to keep people interested while they sell their remaining stock... Seeing is believing, SS. It's really not that difficult to show us a teaser! :lecture

SS's response to FB poster:
Let me look into my palantir and see...oh wait...those don't see into the future and we don't know who's on the other end of one, so lets gaze into Galadriel's mirror instead to see what the future may bring....signs look good that a 'The Lord of the Ring' collectible should be announced before the end of the year. Perhaps even during Spooktacular.

Looks more like a big "maybe" to me. They keep pushing the date further and further into the future...

I asked SSAlex, over on Statue Forum, if we can expect a LOTR announcement...

SSAlex, can you confirm that we will be seeing a new LOTR product announcement/pre-order during Spook?

I can confirm nothing. Y'all will just have to wait and see! :)

The five main LotR PFs I'm waiting for (in order) are
1. Gimli
2. Arwen
3. Boromir
4. Sam
5. Merry & Pippen on Treebeard base

Bonus: GtW on Shadowfax

I can get busts for every other character except Denathor.

The five main LotR PFs I'm waiting for (in order) are
1. Gimli
2. Arwen
3. Boromir
4. Sam
5. Merry & Pippen on Treebeard base

Bonus: GtW on Shadowfax

I can get busts for every other character except Denathor.

I don't think any of those will make it. I think it's a Saruman if they do any

I think it will be either Saruman or a Cave Troll PF.

TBH though, I am getting a little tired of SS's cryptic answers. I know it seems that they will finally be announcing something during Spook - and that SS loves giving out fuzzy responses - but for the amount of time they have made us wait, a straight up "yes" was definitely in order. Just my two cents.

My apologies.

Saurman would be cool.

Saurman would be my #1 guess for likely prospects if we get anything at all. He at least has a wider following as Lee is a big name so it would appeal to more than just LOTR. I would prefur a Balrog or battle troll, but those are going to be too big. I am still shocked we got a Sauron and would be happy with a Saurman.

Back