The Last Dance : Michael Jordan documentary (April 19)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Coming in April 19, The Last Dance is a 10-part documentary that chronicles the untold story of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls dynasty with rare, never-before-seen footage and sound from the 1997-98 championship season.

Well, after 5 weeks,10 episodes, and several new memes, it's over. Good stuff.

Episode 7, 8, and 10 were my favorites.

That's all folks.

xRpvSGk.gif

Amazing documentary and was great to relive those years of the bulls. I remembered ALOT about those teams and that era, but this doc showed alot more behind the scenes stuff. I even got my 14 year old son hooked on this and showed him why MJ is the GOAT.

As a kid growing up in 80s/90s Cleveland....I hated Jordan. Hated him and his stupid tongue. He ruined us every time. Even added to the pantheon of Cleveland sports failures like "The Drive" and "The Fumble" with the infamous "The Shot."

You see Cav Craig Ehlo just crumple in his knees in utter defeat, just like the rest of us. Here he is on the left in mid-crumple.

xTqXTShphJMjCpsJ9BA9YLj3M0MRC1gHYYAiPxX232SGIn43IsnqV9RgtpJjuPudp1LrZ-BD4LfTjl3MrTvvx96GqOdf1H_jRm-cHKIlpLjpt-O--QXA71_7rlcZ378WO4i409J_pUWIgGSYaIAroJy_fydQZLiwTix6t5BltUJedw7IOtDKtQDpZus

So yeah. I hated the guy and his arrogance and I hated all the fair-weather fans that weren't even from Chicago. I was so blinded by bitterness that I never got to appreciate what a force of nature he was.

Well, not too long after all that, we got our own force of nature that also ruined plenty of teams' playoff dreams. And while it didn't work out as well for him as it did for MJ, I completely forgive LeBron for leaving us, cause he came back and delivered a championship in Game 7 against one of the greatest NBA teams of all time. I consider Game 7 2016 the finest pro-sports moment I've ever witnessed.

All this time passed so I finally decided to give MJ a shot. What a great docu-series. I hated the Bulls my whole life and even I was pumping my fists at the end of episode 10. Really good stuff and highly recommended, especially when so much else on TV is crap.

Ironically, my favorite scene in the show wasn't about MJ. It was when the supposed "bad boy" himself, Dennis Rodman, showed such a touching and human act of kindness, no lie, it brought tears to my eyes. It was.....episode 3 I think?

There's this wide eyed kid, obviously from out of town, waiting after the game with his family for an autograph. Rodman gives him one and the kid just about jumps out of his skin with unbelievable joy. As if that's not enough, Rodman whips around and gives the starstruck boy his (likely) game worn shoes. The kid just about blew up he was beaming so much. Yeah, I'm a softie. I got misty-eyed. I love seeing those kinds of acts of kindness, especially from "super-stars."

As a kid growing up in 80s/90s Cleveland....I hated Jordan. Hated him and his stupid tongue. He ruined us every time. Even added to the pantheon of Cleveland sports failures like "The Drive" and "The Fumble" with the infamous "The Shot."

You see Cav Craig Ehlo just crumple in his knees in utter defeat, just like the rest of us. Here he is on the left in mid-crumple.

xTqXTShphJMjCpsJ9BA9YLj3M0MRC1gHYYAiPxX232SGIn43Is  nqV9RgtpJjuPudp1LrZ-BD4LfTjl3MrTvvx96GqOdf1H_jRm-cHKIlpLjpt-O--QXA71_7rlcZ378WO4i409J_pUWIgGSYaIAroJy_fydQZLiwTix  6t5BltUJedw7IOtDKtQDpZus

So yeah. I hated the guy and his arrogance and I hated all the fair-weather fans that weren't even from Chicago. I was so blinded by bitterness that I never got to appreciate what a force of nature he was.

Well, not too long after all that, we got our own force of nature that also ruined plenty of teams' playoff dreams. And while it didn't work out as well for him as it did for MJ, I completely forgive LeBron for leaving us, cause he came back and delivered a championship in Game 7 against one of the greatest NBA teams of all time. I consider Game 7 2016 the finest pro-sports moment I've ever witnessed.

All this time passed so I finally decided to give MJ a shot. What a great docu-series. I hated the Bulls my whole life and even I was pumping my fists at the end of episode 10. Really good stuff and highly recommended, especially when so much else on TV is crap.

Ironically, my favorite scene in the show wasn't about MJ. It was when the supposed "bad boy" himself, Dennis Rodman, showed such a touching and human act of kindness, no lie, it brought tears to my eyes. It was.....episode 3 I think?

There's this wide eyed kid, obviously from out of town, waiting after the game with his family for an autograph. Rodman gives him one and the kid just about jumps out of his skin with unbelievable joy. As if that's not enough, Rodman whips around and gives the starstruck boy his (likely) game worn shoes. The kid just about blew up he was beaming so much. Yeah, I'm a softie. I got misty-eyed. I love seeing those kinds of acts of kindness, especially from "super-stars."

Oh god. Now I can't even see the video cause my eyes are so blurred with tears. Damn you!

Back