The Josh's Comic-Con 2012 Coverage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sdcc2012_fh_1.jpg

sdcc2012_fh_2.jpg

sdcc2012_fh_3.jpg

sdcc2012_fh_4.jpg

sdcc2012_fh_5.jpg

sdcc2012_fh_6.jpg

sdcc2012_fh_7.jpg

sdcc2012_fh_8.jpg

sdcc2012_fh_9.jpg

The Outer Space Men look really cool! Looks like the 4 Horsemen are doing statuettes now, as well! That's cool!
edit: just noticed those are articulated figures. My bad!

I know where you're trying to get with the sarcasm, but this isn't the place for continuing this discussion, lest we derail the thread.

If you didn't want a discussion, I guess you shouldn't have mentioned it. Just about every female in comic book/movie lore is hypersexualized. These are almost a parodic take on the genre, so feel free to chuckle at their post-post modern pre-ironic expense.

But to answer your question, yes you are probably the only one! :wave

I grew up with Master of the Universe Figures - buff dudes in loin cloth. Why would owning these statues be creepy? I don't think these are made for guys to "enjoy" in their basement. Collectors appreciate the human form. Most art includes some sexuality, it does not make the people who enjoy it creepy. If it does, everyone who owns a He-Man or Conan figure is a creep.

So just so I got this straight, you guys are baffled by scantily clad or semi-nude statues of women?

I like the bird people figures...What are they from?

sdcc2012_fh_4.jpg

The monsters on the previous page are sweeeeet!
Don't care too much for the Living Dead dolls...meh.

Someone get the 1/6 superman a proper pair of panties..he is going to be balls out in the ones he is wearing.

What are those bird people from? The crow and cardinal.

I like the bird people figures...What are they from?

The monsters on the previous page are sweeeeet!
Don't care too much for the Living Dead dolls...meh.

Yup the 4H alright. Specifically, they are protos for their Gothitropolis line. The Raven debuted at last year's SDCC.

Are those ladies and the crows fully posable and 1/6 scale? I love their designs and if what the posters said is true then they are fully original so I won't feel bad for not knowing the source material. How much do their figures usually go for and where can I buy them?

I grew up with Master of the Universe Figures - buff dudes in loin cloth. Why would owning these statues be creepy? I don't think these are made for guys to "enjoy" in their basement. Collectors appreciate the human form. Most art includes some sexuality, it does not make the people who enjoy it creepy. If it does, everyone who owns a He-Man or Conan figure is a creep.

lol, me thinks the gentleman doth protest to much :rotfl

Gothitropolis line? Hmmmm, never heard of it, but the sculpts look amazing!! I'll have to look it up.
Thanks for the great pics again AWESOMEMAGNUMOPUS, and FRANK
For the info! :yess:

Back