The Joker Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures are not required if one wishes to return an item outright. Any item can be returned (if bought directly from Sideshow) within 30 days of you receiving it from us. Simply contact our Customer Service directly by phone, email, or live chat to begin and complete the process of returning an item (should you need to). Typically the shipping costs to return the piece that someone is not satisfied with will be the responsibility of the customer but seeing if that can be waived is possible and can be asked during the return process.

-SideshowAlex

Thanks very much.

It's just a suggestion for folks that are hesitant to place Pre-Orders without seeing the final product in person, etc. Additionally, those concerned about sell out should place a Pre-Order of course as there is always the 30 day money back guarantee if they receive an item and are not satisfied with it for whatever reason (don't like it once in hand...return it for a refund within 30 days of receiving it directly from Sideshow...this offer applies to all products). Just trying to give people choices and suggestions when I hear they are unsatisfied/disappointed/unhappy.

So it's not SS that should change, it's the customer. Got it.

Cause that worked out really well for XBOX.

Chris

Last edited:
They are a business and that's their policy. It's a take it or leave it choice.

Sideshow has created this aura of being a cool fun company by the fans and for the fans. Expectations are higher with them because they sell products that we have childhood emotional attachment to. Make no mistake though: they are still a company just like any other and they will give you half-truths, lie in a newsletter to move product, create false hype, etc. to get your money. They create that sense of urgency that you will miss out if you don't buy now which makes no sense with open ES and large ES. They have clearly changed from how they were when all the so-called "grails" were released 5-6 years ago. That era that most of us veteran collectors will never stop referencing when making comparisons to anything they release now or in the future.

You know what that tells you? We are not their main customers anymore. If you are like me you now buy less and only very select pieces. Their new target customers are the ones that have a bunch of random pieces on preorder. All from 9 different licenses in every conceivable scale just because they look good.

That's the state of the hobby and Sideshow is in control. Take it or leave it brother. Those are your choices.

Sideshow if they cook

breakingbad_skylerwaltmoney.jpg

You've made your point. No need to be antagonistic about it with an SSC rep. SSC has had some QC issues over the last few years. Apparently 33 whole people signed that petition. And these problems are costly for SSC, in that it affects their reputation, sales, and cost in returns they have to eat. So, hopefully lessons are learned, and things will get consistently improved. But constantly harping on it in an unconstructive way isn't going to change anything.

You've made your point. No need to be antagonistic about it with an SSC rep. SSC has had some QC issues over the last few years. Apparently 33 whole people signed that petition. And these problems are costly for SSC, in that it affects their reputation, sales, and cost in returns they have to eat. So, hopefully lessons are learned, and things will get consistently improved. But constantly harping on it in an unconstructive way isn't going to change anything.

I agree. I can see why SS reps don't bother coming on here, they just get blasted and attacked. Brutal. I have enjoyed getting info we have of late even if it hasn't always been good news. Better than being left in the dark. People need to chill out.

no need to shoot the messager folks.

SolidLiquidFox, I completely agree. It is not the same company we "grew up with".

Real competition will be the only thing to change things. For every collector who quits the hobby, there is another ready to take his place.

I appreciate the reps coming on here, but they will struggle to justify much when the company is changing product specs and edition sizes, not telling customers, and having fake wait lists and no notice sell outs.
Offering the same old excuses and treating your customers like that - they will get pissed.

jokes aside, this is a forum,isn't?

I don't see that what's wrong to speak of this, everything that has been said here is consistent, sideshow wins always, spare parts poorly made have a minimal impact in his economy

but I want to highlight something very important, at Sideshow Collectibles there are great people and they don't deserve any bad word, each artist who works there do his job in a beautiful way (tailors, painters, illustrators , sculptors. etc...)

Those people are the real treasure of sideshow and they deserve all our respect, my arrows are aimed obviously to their bosses.

Funboys just kill this hobby.

Last edited:
I agree. I can see why SS reps don't bother coming on here, they just get blasted and attacked. Brutal. I have enjoyed getting info we have of late even if it hasn't always been good news. Better than being left in the dark. People need to chill out.

Does it really matter what reps come on here? They just cut and past the same cookie cutter responses that explain nothing and always try to justify their tactics. It adds nothing of value, your talking to a corporate machine; what do you expect?

I've been posting on these forums for years talking about SS QC and ethics slowly going down hill. I made as much noise about it as I could and I was attacked by pretty much everyone for it. The ignorant folks that never wanted to listen or hear it now are silent since getting a taste. Even your most hard core SS fans here are now admitting SS is changing for the worse. I called it years ago, the responses I get now (like the one above) are "ya ya you were right, just stop rubbing it in our faces".

I will always call people or companies out on their BS, simple as that. If they keep doing it, then I have no reason to stop. I don't understand what people are so afraid of. It's very easy for collectors to get SS and other companies to change. But it seems some are happy with accepting sub-par over priced statutes for fear of not being able to have characters they like. If SS is sending you QC riddled pieces, SEND THEM BACK FOR REFUNDS. Don't accept their petty $25-$50 credits on $600-$1000 statues, are you crazy. Most companies profit margins are double what it costs them to manufacture each piece. Accepting pocket change for horrible quality just go's to show some collectors twisted ways of thinking. SS is still laughing all the way to the bank, you haven't sent them any sort of message other than you can be bought off and silenced quite cheaply.

How many times has SSAlex said adding or removing a feature that customers ask for doesn't increase or decrease the cost of a piece at all. They hear collectors screams, yet don't do anything, because it benefits them. Then we have collectors on here that say "oh well, they took this away, I don't like the piece....but I'm still gonna order it" WTF??

I think if some collectors were given the opportunity they would snort the polystone their statues are made with. Actually, can't even do that now since more and more SS statues are being made from even cheaper fiberglass. Yet the prices don't change even though they're getting made cheaper. This joker bust could have been made with acrylic eyes and the price wouldn't have changed, SS has confirmed this. Yet they aren't, why? because their profit margins increase the less they have to spend. They don't care about the end product and how it looks. They know collector-addicts will eat it up anyway. This isn't really a surprise after seeing people literally kill each other on Black Friday just to save $20 on a $200 TV.

Honestly folks, wake the hell up. Look at the quality almost any other company out there is capable of and compare it with SS's. SS is not even in the same business it seems. If they send you something that isn't quality, send it back. If they change something without telling you after it was advertised a certain way, cancel it!

Simple as that, collectively customers can get any company to sing whatever song they want to hear. So do it!

Chris

Last edited:
This community is made more of fans than customers. The fact that people LOVE to discuss these pieces in here tells you that. A collective change will never happen because if all your internet buddies are celebrating in an elite circle jerk when they all get that anticipated statue you won't want to feel left out. See the Batman PF thread.

This hobby and business is not logical like others. There are a lot of feelings towards these products and properties. The collector mentality is not logical.

SS CAN produce quality statues today and have done so. Galactus is a prime example.

I am not sure if recent blunders like joker, sinestro, and obiwan are a sign of incompetance or deceitfullness. Neither is acceptable, but I can't imagine they are doing this on purpose.

As international collectors, I find it ridiculous when SS offers me $25 discount on next purchase with 1 or 2 month time frame ( Damage on Deadpool exc base). The shipping and tax have worked out to be an additional $300 . Obviously a full refund is out of the question.

I can't imagine they are doing this on purpose.

not a purpose but if they have hired a poor company (chinese powaaaa!!!!!) for the painted

they have done in china for economic reasons,

the GREAT bussiness man tends to be a coward, looking for the easy way, the Government does not help entrepreneurs to stay and help to let the country increase the "per capita income"

What happens in sideshow is a reflection of the current global economic system and while this don't change ,we will have a system that create entrepreneurs who only value profits over product

So,buy what you like but think that final product not ever will be near to the prototype,paint job maybe comes bad and materials will be bad too for a cheaper production...and also final product may experience delays up to a year

A collective change will never happen because if all your internet buddies are celebrating in an elite circle jerk when they all get that anticipated statue you won't want to feel left out. See the Batman PF thread.

Lmao! So true dude, and everything Chris Atheris said was pretty much right on.

Everyone should remember that opinions are not facts. Just because YOU perceive a problem doesn't mean that ANYONE else will perceive the same problem.

It also appears that there's a bit of gang mentality going on here. One bully has gotten others stirred up and they are piling on. Legitimate criticism has always been okay here - but constantly repeating oneself is just annoying and is unproductive.

We really don't need the constant unpleasantness. No one has any reason to post in this thread as the item hasn't shipped yet. We'll revisit this thread when the item ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back