Premium Format The Joker ‘The Dark Knight’ - 1/4 Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Joker

This forum consists of a lot more than just SS pieces...

Maybe people are complaining for good reason? While I do agree that sometimes it does go a bit far (and get far too dramatic) it's not like people are just complaining for complaining's sake (as much as people like ink would like you to believe). Some of this stuff is very valid. If you choose , or simply can't see why a lot of people aren't happy with the product SS is putting out, then that's fine, but if so many people are so unhappy then it's gotta mean something.

As a sidenote .

I am having a heck of a time tracking down a 1/4 scale iron to take the wrinkles out of his jacket !

One of these days I'm going to get some kind of steamer (as damaging the paint is less of a worry given that the head, hands and boots can either be removed or covered) to fix alot of my full mixed media statues. Anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe people are complaining for good reason? While I do agree that sometimes it does go a bit far (and get far too dramatic) it's not like people are just complaining for complaining's sake (as much as people like ink would like you to believe). Some of this stuff is very valid. If you choose , or simply can't see why a lot of people aren't happy with the product SS is putting out, then that's fine, but if so many people are so unhappy then it's gotta mean something.

Thank you. Many are not happy at all with it and some had hope it would look better in hand. I am not hating on it just to hate it. I am also not a fanboy who can look past obvious problems with it. The tailoring is excellent. But the headsculpt is off, paint application is off, terrible Exclusive, card undersized, and machine gun is in the wrong hand. I was not happy with headsculpt from the start, but again I hoped it would have looked better once people received them in hand. For me, this was a big time miss for an iconic character that has been long over due as a premium format. Not worth $500 plus shipping to me. Don't agree with me fine, but don't accuse me of hating for no reason. I have been a DC fan since 1973. But I don't let my love for a line or character cloud my judgement. I feel as did my wife and kids the headsculpt is not that good. Especially compared to all the other premium formats and 1:6 figures I have. Paint on SS first joker are ten times better than this joker in MY OPINION.

Thank you. Many are not happy at all with it and some had hope it would look better in hand. I am not hating on it just to hate it. I am also not a fanboy who can look past obvious problems with it. The tailoring is excellent. But the headsculpt is off, paint application is off, terrible Exclusive, card undersized, and machine gun is in the wrong hand. I was not happy with headsculpt from the start, but again I hoped it would have looked better once people received them in hand. For me, this was a big time miss for an iconic character that has been long over due as a premium format. Not worth $500 plus shipping to me. Don't agree with me fine, but don't accuse me of hating for no reason. I have been a DC fan since 1973. But I don't let my love for a line or character cloud my judgement. I feel as did my wife and kids the headsculpt is not that good. Especially compared to all the other premium formats and 1:6 figures I have. Paint on SS first joker are ten times better than this joker in MY OPINION.

Many are not happy? I would say some a not happy with this piece but I do know many that are happy! Talk about not happy again look at chronicle endo or side shows man of steel pf that is awful and legit complaints Including myself! Your complains are legit but I just want to know what statue would make you happy these days? Anyways peace man!! If you do not like it send it back and some one will be happy! But this is a good statue and I and many more are happy to have it!

I get mine Monday, either way I'm keeping it.

But WTF with this pose, its like he's trying to blow a fart.

Complaining for good reason and complaining about flash photos two inches away from the piece are two very different forms of complaining.

I have no issues with the complaints or should I say "constructive" criticism but one needs to be fair.

Seems like people that have it are happy.... Seems like those judging it on close up shots with flash are not happy.

Looking at actual pictures I think the big thing that kills it is the pose. He looks like he's in the middle of taking a dump. Never in the movie is he shown to be in that kind of pose. Why not have him in a pose like the poster behind him in Kitana's display shows? Or with the string to the grenades in his jacket? Or with the knife in his hand as he walks up to Batman after the truck flip? Or...there's just so many great moments they could have chose to bring to life that wouldn't look half as stupid as that scoliosis pose. The likeness is not good, but it's not an abomination. The clothing looks alright. The paint looks decent. But that pose. Ugh.

Personally I like the pose and feel it captures the character.. Is he ever in that exact pose? No but he carries himself that way fairly often. He is always hunched over or awkward looking especially in moments of action / fighting. I am not saying it's exact but it captures the essence of the character that heath was going for.

the-joker.jpg

joker921201212.jpeg

joker-word-choice.gif

98b5505575e5014cd821987e2efd961c.jpg

batman-the-dark-knight-joker-why-so-serious-heath-ledger-i18580.jpg

As a sidenote .

I am having a heck of a time tracking down a 1/4 scale iron to take the wrinkles out of his jacket !

Use a steamer bro. I did this with my Hot Toys Joker when I still had it. Worked a treat! You won't damage anything. Just remove the head and hands and hit it with steam, then use your fingers to iron out the wrinkles and flatten the jacket.

Bale atman had issues??? Seems like most reviews I saw were very happy with it... Having said that I have not spent a lot of time in that thread.

It is an excellent PF, but there were a few of us with QC issues (myself included), such as paint issues, and issues with the body fitting flush in the base.

I got mine replaced and am happy with the replacement.

... man of steel pf that is awful and legit complaints Including myself!...

So if the comments didn't include yours, would they still be "legit"? Who on here governs the definition of what comments and critiques are indeed legit? This is a forum of collectors who do so according to their own tastes and preferences... it is, therefore, driven by self-serving biases. To attack a fellow collector because their comments to not meet your definition of "legit" is bigotry. We should be supporting each other and not attacking one another.

Listen, I don't disagree that this statue turned out just like the prototype. But I also don't disagree that it could have... perhaps even should have... been better in terms of art direction. I am very happy for those who have this and love it.

As a sidenote .

Is the coat removable?

Bale atman had issues??? Seems like most reviews I saw were very happy with it... Having said that I have not spent a lot of time in that thread.

Well then I suggest you go back and read the thread there were so many problems with it and what was worse new problems began to arise. My problems were paint chipped off the nose tips and wires sticking out of the Cape.

Use a steamer bro. I did this with my Hot Toys Joker when I still had it. Worked a treat! You won't damage anything. Just remove the head and hands and hit it with steam, then use your fingers to iron out the wrinkles and flatten the jacket.

Thanks . I was kind of kidding about trying to find a tiny 1/4 scale iron .

Was seriously looking for ideas on this however . Figured steamer was gonna be the easiest of any options .

Assuming alot of people are going to have the same problem with the wrinkles as me .When they pack it ,The body is wrapped in the paper type packing but the fit in the styrofoam is really tight so if the jacket isn't perfectly straight when put in its gonna get wrinkles .

What kind of steamers do you guys use .Like a small portable one ?

Also I do not know for sure if the jacket is or isnt removable .

Excuse me did I read that right, I did not personally attack anyone nor would I. I did not attack any collector Idk what your smoking! Anyways, enough said! I respect whatever pple say, just so you know a personal attack is me calling someone out kind of how your are attacking me hmmm?

Thanks . I was kind of kidding about trying to find a tiny 1/4 scale iron .

Was seriously looking for ideas on this however . Figured steamer was gonna be the easiest of any options .

Assuming alot of people are going to have the same problem with the wrinkles as me .When they pack it ,The body is wrapped in the paper type packing but the fit in the styrofoam is really tight so if the jacket isn't perfectly straight when put in its gonna get wrinkles .

What kind of steamers do you guys use .Like a small portable one ?

Also I do not know for sure if the jacket is or isnt removable .

I will be doing this to mine when I get it. I was anticipating a wrinkly coat.

You actually can buy miniature irons, just search ebay, but i would try a steamer first as its safer.

Personally I don't actually have a steamer, but I use the steam function from my iron. I just hit the steam button and it blows out steam from a tip.

No need to remove the jacket, it actually works better if the jacket is on the figure. Just steam the parts that need straightening out and then flatten it down with your fingers. It might take some time to get it to look perfect, but should work. Worked great for me when I did it on the 1/6 figure.

I will be doing this to mine when I get it. I was anticipating a wrinkly coat.

You actually can buy miniature irons, just search ebay, but i would try a steamer first as its safer.

Personally I don't actually have a steamer, but I use the steam function from my iron. I just hit the steam button and it blows out steam from a tip.

No need to remove the jacket, it actually works better if the jacket is on the figure. Just steam the parts that need straightening out and then flatten it down with your fingers. It might take some time to get it to look perfect, but should work. Worked great for me when I did it on the 1/6 figure.

Awesome . I haven't owned a iron in so long completely forgot they had that steam function . Great idea ! Thanks

Unless you did not like the Proto I am not sure what there is to complain about. From Bryan Mark on Facebook

16299100_10212254437465570_3380026732024295101_n.jpg

16387039_10212254438265590_3416472013381122350_n.jpg

16298627_10212254438745602_3175337673811863502_n.jpg

16473499_10212254438025584_6370127753065904054_n.jpg

It does look good there (as far as proto to product goes) but it appears the tailoring was a bit better and thus, had a tighter look to it on the proto because the coat on the product doesn't appear to hug the body like it did on the proto.

But it could be that the right side of the coat is not futzed properly, due to the wiring in the coat, because the left side appears to be quite tight. :dunno

Last edited:
Personally I like the pose and feel it captures the character.. Is he ever in that exact pose? No but he carries himself that way fairly often. He is always hunched over or awkward looking especially in moments of action / fighting. I am not saying it's exact but it captures the essence of the character that heath was going for.

the-joker.jpg

joker921201212.jpeg

joker-word-choice.gif

98b5505575e5014cd821987e2efd961c.jpg

batman-the-dark-knight-joker-why-so-serious-heath-ledger-i18580.jpg

You're proving my point, really. The pictures from the actual film don't resemble the Sideshow piece at all. In the film, he does tend to slump over a lot of the time, but it's nowhere near to the extent that the Sideshow statue is showing. It's such an awkward pose, with his right hand pulled back and up so high and his left shoulder slumping down so hard. It looks like his shoulder was dislocated. This isn't even bringing up the "on the toes" half squat position his legs are in. It's just so awkward.

The poses below would have been much more preferable and made more a better statue.

Attachments

• hljok2.jpg
    hljok2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 217
  • hljok1.jpg
    hljok1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 196
Back