Premium Format The Joker ‘The Dark Knight’ - 1/4 Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has made me lose any faith in SS with their DC line. No way in hell will I pay $500 plus shipping for this. Afleck production headsculpt fail, Supergirl headsculpt fail, MOS headsculpt and PVC fail, Reeve's headsculpt fail, and Pfieffer Catwoman headsculpt miss. Who in the hell is OK ing this? For those who like it happy for you, but this is unacceptable to me. And the arthritic, severe scoliosis hunch pose is a poor choice. Bale headsculpt blows this one away, and many complained it was off. Compared to this, it's a master piece imo. Again, just my opinion. I am a huge Ledger joker fan. My upcoming momtoys 1:4 joker will go with my Bale premium format and $200 cheaper.
attachment.php

Unbelievable... It just never fails. Every single piece on every single thread, there is sure to be someone who finds a overexposed, super duper close up, taken with flash and will post it here and then ***** and complain about how awful it is... All the while ignoring better photos and better word of mouth... they will hold onto those bad photos and treat it as fact as to that is what the piece must look like. Wow... Just Wow..

Ya know... People who complain about these pics should put a camera two inches from their face and have the flash on... I think they would be surprised with the results.

Amazing how much better a piece looks with better lighting and a more normal viewing distance... But that still won't matter to some. :slap

I am not getting this piece.. But if I was it looks like I would be happy.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Great video review ! Love your display ,Well thought out and it looks killer.

Noticed in the video you said the Clothing is well made and not cheap . I thought that was a great point . It is a heavier jacket and well executed right down to the socks .

It really looks as if sideshow went out of their way to nail the clothing on this one and not do it on the cheap .

Re: The Dark Knight Joker

I said this from the start great statue, got the first pics up on freaks, and I love it seriously!!! Some pple on their are so nit picky its insane, great review and great statue. I could of put the first video up but I do not do video reviews I let pple decide for themselves. I live two hours away from ss so I get them in a day!!!

Yep jaws you hit the hammer on the nail about some pple on here. I said this from the start great statue, got the first pics up on freaks, and I love it seriously!!! Some pple on their are so nit picky its insane, great review and great statue. I could of put the first video up but I do not do video reviews I let pple decide for themselves. I live two hours away from ss so I get them in a day!!!

f45c71fdc50a84d8fde4115c27546619.jpg
dd7008321a42650680ded1eaf7425ed8.jpg

Pics of ex on both pfs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/VayUiRU-Rk8

thanks for the review, kitana! :hi5:

cool that they gave him fabric socks too! looks like they forgot the gold pocket chain though. also interesting that the blazer is in 3 separate pieces: the two mini sleeves poking out from the purple overcoat sleeves, then the body of the blazer being its own piece

f45c71fdc50a84d8fde4115c27546619.jpg
dd7008321a42650680ded1eaf7425ed8.jpg

Pics of ex on both pfs

Nice set up Kitana but personally I don't think the portrait looks anything like Heath as I can't see anything that looks accurate, except maybe the nose, but that's just my opinion and I am not saying I am right I just don't see it.

The clothing does look like high quality though.

also interesting that the blazer is in 3 separate pieces: the two mini sleeves poking out from the purple overcoat sleeves, then the body of the blazer being its own piece

I am guessing by doing that they could reduce of the bulkiness of the clothing.

The tailoring on the proto was a lot better.

Proto

Product

Proto

Product

j

Last edited:
Looking at actual pictures I think the big thing that kills it is the pose. He looks like he's in the middle of taking a dump. Never in the movie is he shown to be in that kind of pose. Why not have him in a pose like the poster behind him in Kitana's display shows? Or with the string to the grenades in his jacket? Or with the knife in his hand as he walks up to Batman after the truck flip? Or...there's just so many great moments they could have chose to bring to life that wouldn't look half as stupid as that scoliosis pose. The likeness is not good, but it's not an abomination. The clothing looks alright. The paint looks decent. But that pose. Ugh.

I'm starting to wonder if the people who ***** and complain about nearly EVERYTHING Sideshow releases are employees of Sideshow's competition. Before you hit me with "Oh God forbid someone has a different opinion" line, I just find it odd how some people think nearly everything sucks, but yet they still spend so much time on a board that's mostly about SS pieces. If the company blows so much at sculpts, paint, QC and customer service then why pay them ANY attention? Go collect something else that makes you happy.

I'm starting to wonder if the people who ***** and complain about nearly EVERYTHING Sideshow releases are employees of Sideshow's competition. Before you hit me with "Oh God forbid someone has a different opinion" line, I just find it odd how some people think nearly everything sucks, but yet they still spend so much time on a board that's mostly about SS pieces. If the company blows so much at sculpts, paint, QC and customer service then why pay them ANY attention? Go collect something else that makes you happy.

The world will never know....

Well if you are talking about people who bring up old issues like the head sculpt, pose etc then I agree with what you are saying, since we already knew those features would not change. However, some people vent when the product they were looking forward doesn't live up to their expectations, like maybe they expected the paint job to look better than it does or the clothing to be tailored as good as the proto. I know I have said I do not like this product but I do agree that Sideshow did a great job when you compare the proto to production piece. However, speaking objectively the tailoring of the clothing doesn't appear as tight as it does on the proto but it's pretty close.

I actually think this statue works if all your intentions are is to have it in a face off pose with Batman because the likeness is good enough on the profile and the pose looks fine on that angle to. So together the Batman PF and this makes for a nice diorama set.

Last edited:
Personally, I think the execution by Sideshow is near perfect. It's the concept that is the issue for most people, but it makes no sense to complain about that now when everyone knew what it was like from the first prototype images. The transition from prototype to production was done extremely well, so kudos to Sideshow for that. Those that were happy enough with the prototype should be happy with what they receive in hand, and the comments from those who have received it so far have been nothing but positive. Those who weren't happy with the prototype shouldn't even bother commenting now really, as you're just bringing up old stuff for nothing. Saying the pose is rubbish now when it hasn't changed since it was first shown is laughable.

I get that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's fine, but waiting for a production piece to be released only to then complain and bash the statue when it looks almost exactly like the prototype is silly. It hasn't changed. I could understand if the transition from prototype to production was horrible and people were being negative about it, but if you didn't like it before, then you certainly won't like it now, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

How both pieces from The Dark Knight line came out to be very close to their prototypes is a commendable feat. Sideshow should take care of the factory/s to whom they assigned this project. I've seen both the proto and a final product for Bale Batman and I was impressed.

How both pieces from The Dark Knight line came out to be very close to their prototypes is a commendable feat. Sideshow should take care of the factory/s to whom they assigned this project. I've seen both the proto and a final product for Bale Batman and I was impressed.

Yes but the problem with the Bale Batman is the amount of QC issues it has on a lot of pieces.

Last edited:
Yes but the problem with the Bale Batman is the amount of QC issues it has on a lot of pieces.

Ahhh I wasn't aware of that. I think the last time I visited and commented on that thread was to check in-hand pics soon after its release (like this one), out of curiosity. I think the sculpting on Bale's very good, but the pose wasn't for me and I like the Begins suit better than the plated armor so I don't see the point of visiting that thread every now and then :)

Ahhh I wasn't aware of that. I think the last time I visited and commented on that thread was to check in-hand pics soon after its release (like this one), out of curiosity.

Yeah unfortunately it is plagued with them, the Joker most likely won't have as many, if any.

I think the sculpting on Bale's very good, but the pose wasn't for me and I like the Begins suit better than the plated armor so I don't see the point of visiting that thread every now and then :)

Well fighting pose is a bit dynamic on it's own. Like Katina said in his video, it's really a companion piece to go with the Joker.

When I get any piece .The most important thing to me is how close to the proto it is . When I PO I want the proto as that is what sold me on it in the first place .

Thinking the stance ,flames, knife etc are going to change after the proto is released is wishful thinking .

Complaints on QC issues ,bad paint I totally get what I don't get is the complaints on things you knew were coming as it matched the proto .

I have it ,I agree on the pose , the flames, the detonator but I knew going in that "It is What It is " . Wanted a Dark Knight Joker Statue but I am not the guy dropping 2 grand for one so this fits the bill perfectly for me .

As a sidenote .

I am having a heck of a time tracking down a 1/4 scale iron to take the wrinkles out of his jacket !

I own many Sideshow pieces. I'm just calling a spade a spade. This looked less than stellar from the first pictures of the prototype.

That Bale Batman PF though, that statue is fantastic. I have no complaints at all about that.

Back