Premium Format The Joker ‘The Dark Knight’ - 1/4 Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Joker

I also pre ordered the Regular one, the EX one is not worth it

Worth what? It doesn't cost any more than the regular and even if the ex sucks it still adds to resale value later over the regular.

Worth what? It doesn't cost any more than the regular and even if the ex sucks it still adds to resale value later over the regular.

We in germany buy this figures from companys that offer Hot toys and sideshow figures.
So, our companys here want some more money for the EX ones, like 50 Dollar.

Greetings

We in germany buy this figures from companys that offer Hot toys and sideshow figures.

Greetings

Oh ok, that makes sense then.

Placed my order for this one, I'm not 100% sold on this figure, I don't like his eyes, but I do neet a 1/4 Joker

Placed my order for this one, I'm not 100% sold on this figure, I don't like his eyes, but I do neet a 1/4 Joker

You have other options. There's the original comic PF and the recent Arkham Asylum PF as well. Both are excellent 1/4 Joker statues if your not crazy about this PF.

You have other options. There's the original comic PF and the recent Arkham Asylum PF as well. Both are excellent 1/4 Joker statues if your not crazy about this PF.

I'm sorry, I meant I need a Nolan's Joker in 1/4 format. 1/4 is my favorite scale by the way.

Greetings

Question: Which sellers in Europe sell Sideshow's PF EX's? (I've never seen any sell the EX's)

So i take it you skipped on EBs Joker?

Yes. When the EB Joker came out I didn't liked so much, I thought the head was too small and not accurate enough plus the body proportions weren't right. I was waiting then for Hot Toys 1/4 Joker wich never happened. Then I said ok I'll buy the EB Joker but the price was crazy on eBay. So I've learned my lesson and I'll buy this one even if I don't like it a 100%

Yes. When the EB Joker came out I didn't liked so much, I thought the head was too small and not accurate enough plus the body proportions weren't right. I was waiting then for Hot Toys 1/4 Joker wich never happened.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but with a repaint the EB head sculpt is passable as the facial likeness is pretty close to Ledger but the head shape is way off and this is what reduces the likeness significantly. As far as Hot Toys making a Joker, well even if they do they could they mess up the body proportions as well, since the QS001 proportions are off.

Then I said ok I'll buy the EB Joker but the price was crazy on eBay.

As an owner of EB's I would have to say piece is not worth the prices it goes for on ebay, especially considering all the QC issues it has with it.

So I've learned my lesson and I'll buy this one even if I don't like it a 100%

The only thing I don't like about this piece is the head sculpt, granted that is usually the most important the thing when buying a figure. Nevertheless, overall it is a nice piece, just hope the tailoring on the product is as good as the proto.

Last edited:
I agree with pretty much everything you said, but with a repaint the EB head sculpt is passable as the facial likeness is pretty close to Ledger but the head shape is way off and this is what reduces the likeness significantly. As far as Hot Toys making a Joker, well even if they do they could they mess up the body proportions as well, since the QS001 proportions are off.

As an owner of EB's I would have to say piece is not worth the prices it goes for on ebay, especially considering all the QC issues it has with it.

The only thing I don't like about this piece is the head sculpt, granted that is usually the most important the thing when buying a figure. Nevertheless, overall it is a nice piece, just hope the tailoring on the product is as good as the proto.

I own the EB Batman and the QS001, and yes, the QS001 scale is just wrong, is way too small, i'd say it's in a 1/4.25 scale or something like that. The Batman heasculpt is pretty good though, the bad thing is the shoulders are too wide out of proportions compared to the head. The QS001 Bale headsculpt to me is the best one out there, mass produced or custom. I wonder why HT dropped the ball with 1/4 figures.

Talking about the PF Joker, I'm not sure why Sideshow went with the "squinty eyes Joker" when it is not as iconic as others Joker's facial expresions in TDK.

I own the EB Batman and the QS001, and yes, the QS001 scale is just wrong, is way too small, i'd say it's in a 1/4.25 scale or something like that. The Batman heasculpt is pretty good though, the bad thing is the shoulders are too wide out of proportions compared to the head. The QS001 Bale headsculpt to me is the best one out there, mass produced or custom. I wonder why HT dropped the ball with 1/4 figures.

Once again I agree with pretty much everything you ever said.

Talking about the PF Joker, I'm not sure why Sideshow went with the "squinty eyes Joker" when it is not as iconic as others Joker's facial expresions in TDK.

Who knows but my main compliant about head sculpt is the likeness. Yes it captures Joker, but it doesn't capture Ledger as the Joker. This seems to be the opposite with Prime 1's one as it captures the likeness of Ledger but doesn't capture the Joker.

Last edited:
Was this pf shown again at this years sdcc? Cant remember seeing any photos of it

This statue still frustrates me. I'm not a fan of the "fire" on the road, especially since the Bale base doesn't have any. Also, I don't know why the Joker would be holding a card while Batman looks like he is in a fighting stance. Otherwise, the outfit and sculpt both look pretty good and I can even tolerate the pose.

This statue still frustrates me. I'm not a fan of the "fire" on the road, especially since the Bale base doesn't have any. Also, I don't know why the Joker would be holding a card while Batman looks like he is in a fighting stance. Otherwise, the outfit and sculpt both look pretty good and I can even tolerate the pose.

Thats why I wont get the set. Only get joker. While im typing this i just thought what if they went with the crowbar as weapon amd excl 2 "pooches" (the rotwilers) haha. The card is just odd with the gun/detonator. But oh well. Im mix and matching batman and jokers so this will bea great addition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings

Hi Makada, wich company in germany do you get your EX sideshow, i'm interested ?
Thanks

Back