Premium Format The Joker ‘The Dark Knight’ - 1/4 Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't care how good a sculpt is, 2k for the head alone, especially if it's for a 1/6 doll, is absolutely HILARIOUS.

Agreed, I have enough trouble trying to justify paying that amount for a complete character of a 1/6th doll.

I think those custom 1/6 Joker heads are up past $7,000 now.

Only his latest one.

Before I was offering around 4,200 to purchance one until I saw the Prime one Joker and went with that instead

Yeah I would rather buy that over a 1/6th head, despite the boring expression, since it has more presence at that large scale than a 1/6th doll would ever have.

Are they discontinued or something? If that's the case, clearly a skilled sculptor has an opportunity to offer something the market wants and make some serious money here.

His older ones are, but not the worth price people pay for them as the likeness isn't that good on them, except for the interrogation one and cop one, those are grails. That being said, most are still better than the sculpt on this PF.

Adam will keep making his latest one for anyone who wants to buy it.

Those prices are crazy.

Yes they are but there are a lot of collectors that will pay that much for a head, I should know as I have talked to some of them.

I believe most, if not all, of the sculpts made by Adam Gu on the previous page were/are one offs. When there is a demand for your product, I guess you can charge just about whatever you want.

Up until now they were never one one offs as Adam always made them for if u paid the right price. Now he will only make his latest one.

I believe CREG Customs Joker sculpts are the current ones that everyone is buying up with good reason IMO...but you still need to paint and hair them if you got the bald versions

Yeah and hairing is a pain in the neck, not many painters can do it well. On the other hand not many people that can do hair well can actually paint as well.

I did not say the sculpt was a fail, just the choice of expression.

I think most people agree with that, but at least it looks like Ledger, can't say the same for this one but this one is cool in other ways.

Last edited:
WOW.... I checked ebay and DX11 EX is going for $700 + ?!?!?!? Glad i own it!

Aren't those listings outliers? There's always a small group of people selling Hot Toys, Enterbay, and other collectibles at outrageous prices. If I could get $700 for my DX11, I'd have to do some considering!

Re: The Dark Knight Joker

Cant believe I'm still torn on this piece. So please help me decide lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DX11 doesn't go for 700 on eBay. Just because someone lists it at that price, doesn't mean people actually pay for it. If you want to know what it sells for, just check previously sold listings. It's still worth decent coin, but not that much. I actually just sold mine recently. Gonna get this PF instead.

If you love Ledger Joker I would definitely get this. Critisicm aside it'll be one of the nicest DK Joker statues around.

I love the whole sculpt of this piece, think I will take it to an artist to bring ledgers face to life, since he will be doing a complete overhaul of the city hunter piece in a few years time

First post here, long time lurker, I cant believe the hate this statue has received.

I do not like these movies at all, BUT I Love this statue. It has that 10% sideshow characterization added to the realistic portrait that pulls the overall look closer to its Comic Book roots. Genius! It NAILS it every time I look at it. Does not fit into my collection but congrats to any fan of the film, just awesome.

First post here, long time lurker, I cant believe the hate this statue has received.

I do not like these movies at all, BUT I Love this statue. It has that 10% sideshow characterization added to the realistic portrait that pulls the overall look closer to its Comic Book roots. Genius! It NAILS it every time I look at it. Does not fit into my collection but congrats to any fan of the film, just awesome.

I feel the same. Looks awesome but I have too many pre orders as it is.

The dark knight for me is probably the definitive live action film of bringing the icons of Batman and Joker to life, while the animation nails the relationship Batman and Joker have, on a grander scale where the goalposts are not moved, the dark knight expands on why these 2 fight for the very soul of gotham, lives are lost and changed forever. So very looking forward getting these 2 posed on why I loved this movie when it did come out, changed my mind once on not getting these 2 costing me the EX on the bale Batman. Like the old saying goes, they were just made for each other

Well damn. I guess i needed a slap. Tnx guys. Keeping this lol. It IS my fav comic book movie after all. Too bad for the bale bats tho. Love his movies but he still ranks 3rd after keaton and afleck. For me anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, definitely look closely to this one. Really tempted to get one as Ledger is my one and only Joker for my collection.

OMG!!!! So this is close to dropping along with the BvS Regular Suit and the Batman Returns Catwoman.....geez I can't catch a break

Back