The Indy Premium Format IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Boba just screams for an accompaning Han in carbonite PF.

It's funny, because just the other day I saw the image below at Entertainment Earth, and I thought to myself, if they ever made a less stylized, more accurate version of that, I'd have to buy it!

Looks great. All those pics make me want to get this statue. Not really sure if I can afford it though :(
I just received mine, and what I can say is, if you haven't already ordered this you really should! Or you'll regret it later.
I got the regular retail at a very good price (saved at least 25% compared to the EX) - wouldn't display him without his hat anyway. I'm sure there are more deals like that to find.

I can't stop looking at it, this is one of the best and most anticipated pieces in my collection. The only thing I have to do is find him another, lower display space, because he stands on such a high base. The base is also excellent and fitting.
Get it, get it now :D

Well, I'm a little 'late' to the party in terms of pics, but I finally took a few of my Indy PF. Mainly for posterity before I send the head off to Les for a repaint and replace the belt and holster with Mike's improved versions. This is the 'straight-outta-the-box' version...just a little futzing and 'voila'! I added a little 'bulk' to his gas mask bag by folding up a paper towel and stuffing it in there. I also 'removed' the threads used to attach his jacket collar flap fronts to the jacket. In all the stills I looked at, the jacket collar flaps were always 'down and out', so I wanted it to look like that too, instead of starched up like the Fonz or something. Hehe.

Note that I put the whip in the idol-holding hand. I know SS mentions that it wasn't designed for this, but I think it actually doesn't look too bad. Just made the switch last night to change up the look a bit and I haven't seen any other pictures of it like this, so enjoy!

Oh, the Ra medallion and tec'na'al fragment (https://www.indyprops.com/pp-frags.htm) are from the Hasbro set of relics packed in with the 3 and 3/4" figures. Nabbed 'em off Ebay and they look close enough to 1/4 scale to me to fit in with the display!

P.S., please ignore the graininess of the photos from my camera. Hehe.

3234729496_e4201215ff_o.jpg
3234729540_2b3bbef4f7_o.jpg

3233879411_12d90e48dd_o.jpg
3233879489_cbd3f895f9_o.jpg

...And finally, Indy posed next to my Boba Fett PF. Custom helmet by Natty, repainted by Eric (Superjedi) in ESB markings. Fett is propped on top of some books since the base for Fett is a lot shorter than the Indy base.

3234918064_955d88d84c_o.jpg

that looks great! they both do. you have any comparison pics of the new boba head and the old one?

Getting Les to do a repaint is a gift I wouldn't be able to pass up either, but seriously - what's to repaint..? Those shots look INCREDIBLE!!

Getting Les to do a repaint is a gift I wouldn't be able to pass up either, but seriously - what's to repaint..? Those shots look INCREDIBLE!!

Thanks QuiGonFishing! Glad you think it looks INCREDIBLE, it does, it truly does! I love this piece...and getting Les to repaint the head and getting Mike's nicer belt and holster sets will only further enhance how awesome this Indy is!

:gun

damn, i'm finding it so hard to resist hitting "Add to cart"

Any chance they'll make one from ToD or LC?

If I were a betting man I'd say that the TOD Indy like the one you have in your image will be the next Indy we'll see in PF form. It's just a classic look, and the most varied Indy is in his adventure attire in the whole film series (ripped shirt missing sleeve, rips, scuffs, dings, cuts...would make for a GREAT PF! :rock)

Then I'd say a MOLA RAM will be the first 'non-Indy' PF we'll see from this franchise...Only time will tell though. About time SS announced another Indy PF methinks!

damn, i'm finding it so hard to resist hitting "Add to cart"

Any chance they'll make one from ToD or LC?

I too find it hard to resist and will most likely get this statue, although the money is tight at the moment. If I could be sure they'll make ToD Indy I would just wait for that. ToD is my favourite Indy film.

If they're looking to expand the Indy license in the PF department, then I'd say its a good bet. After all, what other PFs are truly viable as popular pieces? Marion? Short Round, Capshaw..? Maybe as 12", but as PFs? I'm just not feeling it. Would you pay $300 for a "Guy who took the Poison Dart in the Head at the Beginning of ROTLA" PF? Yeah, that'd be no...

Here's the problem as I see it, though. TOD Indy on the Bridge may be your favorite incarnation of the character, and others might agree... But the ROTLA Indy they just released is so frickin' ICONIC, that there just might not that many takers on the TOD or LC or KOTCS versions. Speaking for myself, at least, I'm thrilled with my current Indy PF and I can't imagine needing any other Indt piece - ever!

I guess your real enemy is people who think like me :lol.

Yeah, I suppose the fact that ToD is widely regarded as the weakest film in the series doesn't help either :(
As for other PFs I'd think that Henry Sr and Mola Ram could potentially be popular.

I think Marion in the Well of Souls, wielding that torch against all those snakes might be interesting (not to mention a little Freudian :lol), but I don't know how many people would buy it.

How about Toht raising his right hand, revealing the burn scars?

Thanks Spiker,
No pastels and no airbrush for the face
>> Just acrylic painting with brush.
:D

I'd definitely be in line for a PF Mola Ram.

I got my Excl. Indy a couple of weeks ago, but they sent it to my parent's house, and I won't be able to see it by myself in at least two more weeks... I'm dying of anticipation, and your great pictures don't help, but I can't help looking at them :p

I have a feeling we won't see another PF from the Indy universe at all.

I'm feeling the same way. In the PF universe I'd only be interested in Henry Sr., Mola Ram or ToD Indy. Other characters really don't interest me enough to drop $300 on them.

Back