The Indy Premium Format IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics, Kenobi! I agree; I think lighting makes all the difference in the world with this PF. At times, especially late in the day, my PF can look amazingly dark, even sunburnt. I'm struck by how the paint job can take on several very different looks depending on circumstances. But properly lit, he looks very natural.

IMG_1967.jpg

Your Indy looks a little pasty. Maybe he should go to Peru or Egypt, so he can get a good tan.

Only joking, it's a very good paint job.

Hi Guys

I seem to be having problems getting the whip in Indy's hand. The arm appears to be too close to his hip. I've checked this thread to see if anyone has had the same problem but may have missed said responses. Anyone know of any fixes?

Hi Guys

I seem to be having problems getting the whip in Indy's hand. The arm appears to be too close to his hip. I've checked this thread to see if anyone has had the same problem but may have missed said responses. Anyone know of any fixes?

I believe this is what you are talking about credit to Mr. Crawford at https://www.mwctoys.com:
Finally, there's the coiled whip. This one has a very sharp, strong sculpt, and looks quite realistic for resin. It's a little tricky to get in his right hand, but the trick is to hold it perpendicular to his body and bring it up between his hand and hip, and then turn it into place. It also only fits one way - the handle has to be at the back, not the front of his body.

Hey guys kinda new here im always hanging around the DC boards but this premium format figure is a must for me. I had a couple of questions, one is where is the best place to order and two I dont plan on waiting to long but it would be nice if I could wait to get my refund check back from school in february. Also on sideshowtoys it has the flexpay I wanted to see if you guys recommend this and how it works. Sorry for all the questions and thanks guys.

Hey guys kinda new here im always hanging around the DC boards but this premium format figure is a must for me. I had a couple of questions, one is where is the best place to order and two I dont plan on waiting to long but it would be nice if I could wait to get my refund check back from school in february. Also on sideshowtoys it has the flexpay I wanted to see if you guys recommend this and how it works. Sorry for all the questions and thanks guys.

Don't worry about the questions, I'll be happy to help the best I can. The Regular Indy is still available at Sideshow's site....And a couple other good places to order from are BigBadToyStore.com and AlterEgoComics.com...... I can't say how long they'll still be available if you want to wait till February though.....Flexpay with Sideshow is good if you want to spread the cost out, basically they split the cost into 3 monthly payments. This would probably be the best option for you if you want to wait till you get your check in February, since you won't pay the full amount upfront. I haven't used it personally, but it seems to be pretty good from the feedback I've seen from people. The only downside is if you want to cancel something on Flexpay, you get charged a cancellation fee depending on how many payments you've made. The more payments made, the higher the cancellation fee.....Hope this helped you out some, and enjoy yourself among the Freaks here. :duff

Don't worry about the questions, I'll be happy to help the best I can. The Regular Indy is still available at Sideshow's site....And a couple other good places to order from are BigBadToyStore.com and AlterEgoComics.com...... I can't say how long they'll still be available if you want to wait till February though.....Flexpay with Sideshow is good if you want to spread the cost out, basically they split the cost into 3 monthly payments. This would probably be the best option for you if you want to wait till you get your check in February, since you won't pay the full amount upfront. I haven't used it personally, but it seems to be pretty good from the feedback I've seen from people. The only downside is if you want to cancel something on Flexpay, you get charged a cancellation fee depending on how many payments you've made. The more payments made, the higher the cancellation fee.....Hope this helped you out some, and enjoy yourself among the Freaks here. :duff

Thanks alot you've been a great help

just ordered mine from sideshow collectibles. you guys are way too convincing and so bad to be around because all I want to do is spend money..........DAMN YOU GUYS haha

just ordered mine from sideshow collectibles. you guys are way too convincing and so bad to be around because all I want to do is spend money..........DAMN YOU GUYS haha

Yeah once your in it's hard to stop spending money. There's just too much good stuff out there to collect. Try to pace yourself though as much as you can, cause it's really easy to get out of control with this hobby.

Damn, too late the Exclusive Indy PF is shipping to my mother's work (never home so she gets it now) and it's expected on the 31st of this month... :monkey4

For those interested - I did a comparison between two hatless heads:

*the skin coloring is almost identical with each other.
*however, the hair color is noticeable different - the one on the right has a light blond color mixture in his hair while the the one on the left is consistent dark coloring throughout his hair.

img0001rp3.jpg

I got my regular Indy PF from Supernatural Arts today. It was shipped direct from Sideshow with a note saying they were doing it as a courtesy. Though it is a bit dark for my liking and the jacket is a tad greenish, I can't really complain since it cost me under $199.17 shipped. I still have an ex on waitlist and I'll wait and see if it may convert and if it does, I'll sell this one. So after I inspected it, I put him back in the box for safe keeping for now.

I tried to find the original thread where someone posted about this deal so I could tell some who were asking about Supernatural's service. The note from Sideshow was dated the 22, so it took nine days from then to get here. I placed the order with SA on the 20th.

IMO, this is a great PF, but because of the above mentioned problems, my Aragorn PF tops this as best PF of 2008. But even if I don't get the ex, I'm still happy I got this one.

For those interested - I did a comparison between two hatless heads:

*the skin coloring is almost identical with each other.
*however, the hair color is noticeable different - the one on the right has a light blond color mixture in his hair while the the one on the left is consistent dark coloring throughout his hair.

img0001rp3.jpg

Is that a chip on the right one's ear? :horror

Great pics, Kenobi! I agree; I think lighting makes all the difference in the world with this PF. At times, especially late in the day, my PF can look amazingly dark, even sunburnt. I'm struck by how the paint job can take on several very different looks depending on circumstances. But properly lit, he looks very natural.

Thanks for the comment. I really like the morning light on mine. Eventually I will move him into a case and have a nice halogyn on him. This way he will always look great on display. I notice that Indy is winning the poll at Sideshow for last years best premium format figure. I think it deserves the honor.

It's so bizarre how that sculpt changes from a dead-on Harrison Ford from the front and left side to a dead-on Ron Perlman from the right profile. :google

Back