The Indy Premium Format IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brand X's photos do better justice to the coloration of Indy's face than mine do. I've noticed the lower quality, more compressed photos tend to turn all the subtle variations in skin color into a flat brown, which makes his face look darker than it actually is.

I just got my indy :banana. The box is a huge and his beautiful :peace. I'm really impressed. and it is true so much better inhand than photos :cool:.

Oh and got my 12inch indy with him to. :D

:fireworks

Got mine today. The best piece that I have ever owned! This is my first PF figure ever, and I always had my doubts about the quality of them, but this baby put all of that to rest. I'm gonna secure my Terminator PF now after seeing this one in person.

Skin tone on mine seems fine to me, not too light, not too dark... just right:

12192008-173213-1.jpg

I have some more pics on my blog: https://padawandad.wordpress.com/2008/12/19/indiana-jones-premium-format-statue/

Peace!

I just got mine in yesterday, and I just took him out of the box to display today.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I had to do to make him look better was to pull his pants up a bit and stuffed his pouch with a cotton ball or two to make it look full of loot. Otherwise, I didn't have to do much futzing with it.

Looking at this, I really don't see why an exclusive was needed. Indy with his hat is the only way to display him. Seriously!

Pics to come soon, although the others I have seen are way better than what I can do.

Anyone get the regular edition? Are the dark paint apps showing up on the reg edition or EX ?? I'm grting the regular version since I would never use the EX head. I'm getting quite worried when tuesday rolls around that I'm going to get Obama Jones.

Anyone get the regular edition? Are the dark paint apps showing up on the reg edition or EX ?? I'm grting the regular version since I would never use the EX head. I'm getting quite worried when tuesday rolls around that I'm going to get Obama Jones.

This is how my Indy looks in only room light …I’m very pleased with it. :joy

dsc08446copyda0.jpg

:whip:banana

Got mine today. The best piece that I have ever owned! This is my first PF figure ever, and I always had my doubts about the quality of them, but this baby put all of that to rest. I'm gonna secure my Terminator PF now after seeing this one in person.

Skin tone on mine seems fine to me, not too light, not too dark... just right:

12192008-173213-1.jpg

I have some more pics on my blog: https://padawandad.wordpress.com/2008/12/19/indiana-jones-premium-format-statue/

Peace!

Thanks for the Pics man they were all awesome shots
This is such a great piece :banana

I just had the exclusive PF convert for me today after I cancelled my regular order. What do I do? I want this piece, but should I save money and get the reg locally or get this one?

Also, can this be had for less on the secondary market?

I would love to know the answer to this as well, becuase.... Exclusive waitlist CONVERTED!!

I'm not sure if I'm happy of annoyed, because my Ex WL converted a day after my regular shipped!! I guess this is a "problem" you'd wish for if you're as big a fan of this piece as I've become. My only issue I might have is that Sideshow may have worked this timeing out in such a way as to maximize their chances of me keeping both... paranoid? unfair? most likely. Bottom line is I'm getting my Ex Indy!

I would love to know the answer to this as well, becuase.... Exclusive waitlist CONVERTED!!

I'm not sure if I'm happy of annoyed, because my Ex WL converted a day after my regular shipped!! I guess this is a "problem" you'd wish for if you're as big a fan of this piece as I've become. My only issue I might have is that Sideshow may have worked this timeing out in such a way as to maximize their chances of me keeping both... paranoid? unfair? most likely. Bottom line is I'm getting my Ex Indy!

YAY! Someone else had their order convert. I am unsure I will keep mine. Money is tight and I have the Iron Man 1:1 bust on the way.

I think you just answer your own question. If money is tight for you, then just cancel it.

YAY! Someone else had their order convert. I am unsure I will keep mine. Money is tight and I have the Iron Man 1:1 bust on the way.

Honestly, this statue is the best collectible I've purchased in a long time.
I said it before but I'll say it again - Trevor Grove is a genius. The sculpt on this PF is stunning. It's even more of a spectacular achievement because Ford's likeness is notoriously difficult to capture. I think the paint apps from Sideshow are excellent on this too. The eyebrows in particular are a very accurate representation of the way Ford's look.

The only thing I don't understand is why they chose certain colours - the hat and jacket DO have a slightly green tint to them (especially when compared to the colours of the real Herbert Johnson Fedora that I have on my mannequin next to the PF display. The pants are also a very different shade compared to the real "officers pinks" that was used for the originals. Still, the overall impression of the statue is superb and I just can't stop looking at it (or photographing it).

Sideshow-PF-Indy-Statue.jpg

Honestly, this statue is the best collectible I've purchased in a long time.
I said it before but I'll say it again - Trevor Grove is a genius. The sculpt on this PF is stunning. It's even more of a spectacular achievement because Ford's likeness is notoriously difficult to capture. I think the paint apps from Sideshow are excellent on this too. The eyebrows in particular are a very accurate representation of the way Ford's look.

The only thing I don't understand is why they chose certain colours - the hat and jacket DO have a slightly green tint to them (especially when compared to the colours of the real Herbert Johnson Fedora that I have on my mannequin next to the PF display. The pants are also a very different shade compared to the real "officers pinks" that was used for the originals. Still, the overall impression of the statue is superb and I just can't stop looking at it (or photographing it).

Sideshow-PF-Indy-Statue.jpg

So that is another "keep the Indy PF"...

I got the regular and his face is pretty tan. It's not bad though when I have a light on him or when I took him outside for pictures. I figured if his face really was too dark it wouldn't matter what lighting conditions he was under.

My statue is a regular (see pics above).
I think it's perfect.
Like I said, Ford was very tanned in Raiders - particularly the Cairo scenes.

Chris

did anyone recieve the regular and was happy with his face color ?

Indy arrived today. Luckily, he came perfect and wasn't damaged.
Damn, this guy is awesome. The base is sweet.
And yeah, he's prety tanned but who care's, it's still amazing.
Got number 2028.

My pics are crap, but you need to see it in person.
Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture004.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/9mDOoxM9SZA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/9mDOoxM9SZA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back