The Indy Premium Format IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a look at this shot (posted by THX217 on the StatueForum). How cool does this look in B/W:

e1cfca48.jpg

Nice job THX!

That's a beautiful photo. It really emphasizes the sculpt.

Exclusive Number 93 is in the HOUSE! Here's a few pics to add to the thread.

DSCN0455-1.jpg

DSCN0453-1.jpg

DSCN0454-1.jpg

DSCN0451.jpg

And for a size comparison...

DSCN0456.jpg

From member Rugby1970:

Now, this is the ultimate Indy's PF picture :)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46233

P1010014.jpg

That is a slick repaint.

imo though, this is the best Indy PF repaint so far, hands down. From Mindbook:

EXCLUSIVE HEAD
indys1.jpg

Mindbook said:
SideShow - Indy(TEST #1)
SideShow Indy repaint(TEST head #1) I will do another version with real hair stubble. The lines on the corners of the eyes are paint deposits/shadows caused by the impression of the irises that were there before I painted them to one side....I can barely see it, I didn't even know they were there till I saw the photo.

NORMAL HEAD
Indyys.jpg

Mindbook said:
(TEST #2) E y e s - B e a r d
TEST head #2 with miniature eyes and hair stubble as opposed to the painted beard, although,I will try a different pair of eyes with smaller irises.

:eek

well i got mine today a big red x on the box.
i checked it out... perfect condtion i was happy about the number #15/1000 exclusive very nice piece

The stubble is an amazing addition; but if I read correctly, he casts these and then molds them in silicone - so does it really count? :confused:

:clap

The stubble is an amazing addition; but if I read correctly, he casts these and then molds them in silicone - so does it really count? :confused:

:clap

Whoa I didn't see that!? He posted the first set (no hat) in this thread and said it was a repaint of the PF. He said he would be painting the 2nd normal head aswell. I was under the impression these 2 were the PF heads. If not, my apologies because yeah, then it wouldn't fall under "Best Repaint" just under "Best Harrison Ford/Indiana Jones likeness" imo.

I'm new to this website, but it's been awesome reading everyone's reaction to the PF figure, so I thought I'd toss in my two cents.

I'm not a collector. At all. A lot of it's because I'm extremely nitpicky about how something from my favorite movie or show should look like, and most of the time I find statues and figures to be off somehow. But when I saw the pictures for the Indiana Jones PF in April, I thought, "That's the one collectible I need to own," and ordered the regular edition on Flex Pay.

In July I went to Comic-Con and saw the preproduction model on display. And I was...underwhelmed. I thought "That's what I'm paying for? It looks rather...dollish."

Looking back, I don't know if it was the lights the PF was under, or if my expectations had just grown too big. But on Monday UPS showed up with the Ex (even though I had ordered the regular - I checked my order again to verify, and yes, Sideshow sent me the Ex out of their own volition, this happen to anybody else?) and I can't stop looking at the figure on top of my desk now. It's absolutely amazing, and IMO worth every penny.

Most of the nitpickers here have focused on the jacket, so let me just confirm that the jacket is NOT the slightest bit green. I know it shows up that way on a lot of photos but it's not.

My biggest concern with the jacket was that it appeared too much like "doll's clothes" - out of the box it balloons away from Indy's figure the way a real leather jacket never would. Thankfully, after reading the comments on this forum, I futzed with the jacket a little and it now lays down in a nice and realistic manner.

Yes, the jacket is a little too short, from what I can tell by looking at actual images from Raiders. Not by a lot - the Indy Jacket is a bit short in real life, which I know from owning a Wested Raiders jacket myself. But as others have already mentioned, a little futzing makes the short jacket not so noticeable, at least to me, and I'm pretty picky about these things. In an absolutely perfect world, the jacket would be just a little longer, but all things considered, I'm very, very happy with this purchase.

Incidentally, I did try out the hatless head. That version really carries across Harrison Ford's likeness - there's just no doubt who the guy is - but without the hat he just doesn't have that "Indy" feel. I kept thinking more about Han out on the ice on Hoth, for some reason.

Anyway, sorry about my long winded post, but I'm really excited about this figure. For the life of me I can't see why anyone would want to put this up on ebay...

I'm still surprised Harrison Ford supplied his signature for the cinemaquette piece with it not being accurate to his likeness. Bummer for that much money you would have to constantly convince yourself that it looks like Ford.

When CM says "Each certificate bears Harrison Ford's signature," is it even an ACTUAL autograph by Harrison Ford, or is it just a machine signature?

I suppose a real autograph might justify some of the high price.

Back