The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was worried about The Rocketeer PF, but seems it was stitched instead of glued. Seems on Indy they should have extended his dress shirt sleeve down further on that side and not used a glue. Have frankly been disgusted about the issue, hence my absence. SSC's offered me the same deal and I just took it since there's no way to replace all the Indy's. They did say their product team and sew and design team are looking into ways of stopping the damage, though that doesn't help with those with significant damage. I basically told them that it's a good thing Han Solo in Carb is really not a traditional PF as it has no real mixed media and that I'd likely be hesitant to buy any PF's from now on, that the solid polystone statues are looking more appealing by the minute...

Did they recommend which sealant to use, the link helps a bit but I have no idea which one of these I should be looking at, mines still in good shape and if I can seal it, I'll be doing it asap.

Last edited:
Personally, there's no way I'd try using a sealant on that jacket. I think there's a very good chance that it'll ruin the entire thing (at the very least, make it look weird), as opposed to just the cuffs.

There's no reason we should have to do anything of the kind, anyway.

Right now I think I'm more interested in the Zap glue debonder, I wonder if it can be used to remove the glue completely, I don't know that I'm brave enough to try it on a piece that as of now is holding up though. If I had flaking issues, or was removing the jacket, I might try it to see if I could salvage something though. I also agree, there should be absolutely no reason We should be looking at this, I will be seriously second guessing any of the pf line products now, I may just switch to comiquettes and opt out of the real fabric. I have too many pf't to worry about now.

Did they recommend which sealant to use, the link helps a bit but I have no idea which one of these I should be looking at, mines still in good shape and if I can seal it, I'll be doing it asap.

The mentioned using a sealant but not the kind and also warned they are not responsible for any damage as a result of the customer trying it.

I have not received a reply to my e-mail asking for the specific sealer.

Hmm looks like something Indiana Jones coming tomorrow... Maybe a new PF?

Hmmmm...You think this teaser could be a new Indy statue? :dunno

100084.jpg

Why should you have to pay at all for a new jacket!? The product is not fit for purpose! You pay a premium price for a premium product and so expect it to last,, If they do offer up a replacement jacket then it should be free to replace the one that is defective.

What happens if you did not buy direct from SS? I bought mine through a UK retailer!!

This as made me think about future purchases of PF's, sure nothing lasts for ever but I expect it to last a lot longer than 3 years.

Back