The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be a nice way of letting them know that almost everyone thinks the exclusive sucks.

It would be a nice way of letting them know that almost everyone thinks the exclusive sucks.

Yeah, but collectors don't have the backbone or willpower to do that kind of thing. It's the nature of the beast. Collecting is part OCD, afterall.

And then you have the flippers and speculators...

The Exclusive will sell out. And probably in short order. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the choice of the Exclusive item and is certainly no indication that people like it or that it's popular, because it's obviously the opposite.

That said, yes it would beyond hilarious if the Ex went up, didn't sell out, and then the Regular goes up and starts selling like hotcakes. :lol

Ya know some are acting like they where personally insulted by the choice of the exclusive. Are you still not getting what might be the best Indy item ever made? My answer is yes. Do you have to buy or display the ex? No, so you still have what is the coolest Indy item ever.

Ya know some are acting like they where personally insulted by the choice of the exclusive. Are you still not getting what might be the best Indy item ever made? My answer is yes. Do you have to buy or display the ex? No, so you still have what is the coolest Indy item ever.

Not the point. Sure, it's AWESOME. But it very easily could have been even BETTER.

Insulted? No. Disappointed? Most certainly. I truly thought Sideshow was dotting every "I" and crossing every "T" when it came to making each INDY product as amazing and as special as possible. Especially after they went all-out on the 1/6. But I took that for granted, apparently. Instead of being blown away by the details of the PF release, I was kinda sucker-punched to be honest.

In the end, I'm still happily getting the Regular version of the PF and unless they drop the ball in production it will surely become one of the best collectibles of any kind that I own. :rock

Good idea on focus teams, IJ.

I just thought of a need for the EX head -- show Indiana Jones in his later years, by having someone repaint his head with grey hair. It'll be the "retired" version of Indy holding his treasure.

Ill be getting the Exclusive too, as long as it costs the same as the regular. But then I'm in the EU so it makes no real difference to me - always best to go direct and a little more for your cash is always welcome.

Maybe I'll stick the extra head to a dart board and let Irish throw arrows at it... :joy

Good idea on focus teams, IJ.

For the record, I'd like to state that I am dead serious about this suggestion. However, at the same time this is not me volunteering for it. I'm quite sure my name is mud at SSC offices right now anyway. :lol I just sincerely and genuinely believe different fan/collectors Focus Groups can help them make better decisions and avoid mistakes and oversights earlier in the production process.

This exclusive is just the latest example. Another: The Indy 1/6 figure. If someone like Entropy Chicken were providing feedback the prototype would never even have seen the light of day with the wrong web belt color.

And these are just two quick, obvious examples...

This is the only way to display INDY! :monkey3

71921_press01-001.jpg

Honestly for me the hat is so much part of the character that it is almost as bad as offering a whipless Indy.

I think most if not all are expressing how much they like the PF and agree it's really cool. SS should have made the EX something just as fantastic. That's all. I'm reading alot of disappointment not insult in the comments.

71921_press01-001.jpg

I'm so excited about all the customization opportunities that the exclusive version will offer. I wonder how many 1/4 scale hats exist or could be made. Imagine cowboy hat Indy. Or sombrero Indy. The possibilities are endless. :)

I'm so excited about all the customization opportunities that the exclusive version will offer. I wonder how many 1/4 scale hats exist or could be made. Imagine cowboy hat Indy. Or sombrero Indy. The possibilities are endless. :)

Head In The Sand Indy might be more appropriate. :lol

I will be buying Indy as its a grail piece of sorts and will save me big bucks when cancelling the CM version.....but that exclusive is lame and simply not worth buying. Who in their right mind would display him without his hat. It would be like displaying Darth Vader without his mask...silly.

I would have preferred no exclusive and a run of 1000 - 1500 total than this effort.

I hope this is actually a spoof.:D

In all seriousness I think the weak exclusive is in part a by-product of just how perfect the regular edition is. An extra gun hand would be cool, but it still wouldn't be as cool as him holding the idol. So with that in mind, who really cares?

The way I see it there are four defining elements of Indy; Harrison Ford, his hat, his whip, his gun, and religious artifacts. The regular edition provides all of the above in stunning accuracy, and I couldn't be happier about that.

Hat: Check
Whip: Check
Gun: Holstered, but check
Harrison: You bet!

Bring on one of the best PF's ever of one of cinema's most endearing characters portrayed by an actor with a famously notorious likeness to capture. Bravo SS! :clap

7192_press02-001.jpg

In all seriousness I think the weak exclusive is in part a by-product of just how perfect the regular edition is. An extra gun hand would be cool, but it still wouldn't be as cool as him holding the idol.

I would rather to display him holding the gun and have the idol displayed elsewhere, perhaps at his feet (being that the base is actually the top of the idol pedestal!). And that is what I was hoping/planning to do personally. But I was not given that option. :( :banghead

BTW, no Hi-Res pics available yet (I've been checking).

I got a cool idea, take the extra head and zombify it! Then you have regular Indy and Zombie Indy.

I think Zombie Indy wouldn't bother keeping up with is hat... makes perfect sense :lecture

Sure, or maybe if he kept the idol it would have turned him into a zombie... sounds like a great idea to me :rock

I would rather to display him holding the gun and have the idol displayed elsewhere, perhaps at his feet (being that the base is actually the top of the idol pedestal!). And that is what I was hoping/planning to do personally. But I was not given that option. :( :banghead

BTW, no Hi-Res pics available yet (I've been checking).

At this point I plan to make a custom gun hand for him, hopefully the right hand is removable like on the Darkness PF. If not then it's going to be much trickier. Maybe a custom SOC version if Sideshow doesn't beat me to it.

71921_press01-001.jpg

Indy is one of my favorites and I would love to have this but my Marvel budget eats up all my money.:banghead Too bad I'm not related to Bill Gates.:banghead:banghead

Back