The Indy Acquisitions ("Look What I Found") Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it one of these???

INDIANAJONES.jpg

Last one i was watching on ebay went for 158 bucks!!

Neat, how did you get it for free? And also, I was really excited to get mine, except at the time, it didn't occur to me that I have nowhere to put it, and I'm not sure how to go about getting it mounted or framed. How did you display yours?

Neat, how did you get it for free? And also, I was really excited to get mine, except at the time, it didn't occur to me that I have nowhere to put it, and I'm not sure how to go about getting it mounted or framed. How did you display yours?

Fell off a truck... :monkey3

It got sent to an independent theater that wasn't showing Indy sose I got to snag it. I haven't displayed mine yet but I'll prolly build a lightweight black frame for it, no tape or pinholes on this beautiful piece, and hang it on a wall with my framed original Raiders poster signed by Speilberg and Lucas and put them both behind the various Indy stuff I have including the 1/6 and PF Indy when they arrive.

As of right now, Toys R Us has all of their 3 3/4" Indy figures buy two get one free. Of course, their selection isn't the greatest, but at least they don't mark them up like some places (Meijer is selling the $6.99 figures for $8.99).

Of note: the $9.99 deluxe figure sets are included as well as the basic figures.

Wow, that IS a good deal (especially on the Deluxe figures).

What... do they want more shelfspace for their Speed Racer Dust Collection? :confused:

:lol

As of right now, Toys R Us has all of their 3 3/4" Indy figures buy two get one free. Of course, their selection isn't the greatest, but at least they don't mark them up like some places (Meijer is selling the $6.99 figures for $8.99).

Of note: the $9.99 deluxe figure sets are included as well as the basic figures.

Nice deal... Of course the Canadian TRU had the figures already at $9.99 (and with the strength of the Canadian dollar in comparison to the US one it's just not feasible for me to buy over here when Wally-world has them just across the border for $6.99:D).

My friendly US Wall-world still hasn't put out the 12" and it's ticking me off as I'd like to nab four of them to send away for the ark.

The above sale is also good online, and while the online selection is also not the greatest, it's better than my local store, so I'm considering placing an order to get some of the figures that I'm having trouble getting locally (like Indy and the horse). Are the other deluxe sets like the golden idol trap and pit of spikes ones worth getting?

By the way, I see that the Role Play Whip and the Troop Car are included in the sale. Too bad there aren't any other items of the same price that would go well in combination with them. If they had the 12" figures on sale, I'd be all over that, but I as of now I can't get myself to pull the trigger on them.

Bought a mini-master set of KOTCS cards on ebay. 90 Card Base Set, 10 Card Foil Set, 1 Sketch Card (Sellers Choice), and a wrapper for $22 with shipping.

Hoping to find a good just Indy Sketch.

Trev did you do any for KOTCS?

OK so I make my end of the day quick trek across the border in the hope that Wally-World has FINALLY put out the 12" Indy and while I do find the aisles crowded with inventory--and in fact a whole Indy display with four sides (EVERY figure from Waves 1 & 2 plus the whips)-- not a single 12"... And no more vehicles, the two that I bought might have been the only two put out as far as I know... What was shocking was that (and I haven't seen it to this point as you guys have been describing in the US TRUs) they had FOUR of the same display "boxes" with four sides of SPPED RACER crap... They'll be lucky if they sell even one of those things...

Who purchases this stuff for the chain stores?... Do they have ANY concept of pop culture and what people want???:google

Does anyone think that the Hasbro Indiana Jones figure line will have any staying power like the Star Wars one? Every place I go usually has the Indy figures clogging the shelves...no kid knows who Sallah or Marion is...or even Mutt Williams.

You think they might start doing "Indiana Jones Expanded Universe"? And start featuring characters from the novels, comics and video games? Only one I can think of is Sophia Hapgood (from Fate of Atlantis and others)...she's like the Indy version of Mara Jade.

Does anyone think that the Hasbro Indiana Jones figure line will have any staying power like the Star Wars one? Every place I go usually has the Indy figures clogging the shelves...no kid knows who Sallah or Marion is...or even Mutt Williams.

You think they might start doing "Indiana Jones Expanded Universe"? And start featuring characters from the novels, comics and video games? Only one I can think of is Sophia Hapgood (from Fate of Atlantis and others)...she's like the Indy version of Mara Jade.

These first few waves from the movies will be the test. As it stands right now I've seen steady movement of the figures from the stores where I've seen them--- more than most of the other properties (Transformers, SW, Anime--whatever they're called, Wrasslin'..etc) so I'm hopeful that these might be around beyond this year.

Personally, once the TOD wave hits as long as there is a Mola Ram, Tuxedo Indy, Ripped Shirt Indy and Short Round I think I'm good to go and could live with it if the line was done away with after that (which it won't be).

BTW, I'd also like to see a Deluxe figure with the mine car! :rock

Personally, once the TOD wave hits as long as there is a Mola Ram, Tuxedo Indy, Ripped Shirt Indy and Short Round I think I'm good to go and could live with it if the line was done away with after that (which it won't be).

BTW, I'd also like to see a Deluxe figure with the mine car! :rock

Sounds good but I'd add a TLC Indy & dad w/ motorcycle & sidecar

Back