Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS Customer Service are very busy at the moment, what with all the crap they've been sending out.
Hope you get your issues resolved and still praying for a perfect Hulk. :pray:

Here is my hulk finally resting where he belongs

DSC01135_zps576eea77.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01143_zpse2d2c620.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice pics! :clap Looks about the same height as the Lord of Darkness...thought he was bigger. I guess the LOD was one tall SOB.

:slap Oh no! Jay, i did warn you! :lecture Now the latest QC issue with Hulk is the fact that his forehead resembles a symbol based on "Pythagorus Rule"! From Eyebrows to feet to hair to hole back to eyebrows to weight to gynaemastica to pythagorus! Poor Hulk just cant be left alone....I still Love it!

Is the sign come from original?
In fact, I prefer to have this "painting" to show some tone and dirty effect to Hulk.

Hey Snad, you have Bestas right? Which ones do you have, and how tall are the shelves? Basically how many PF's can I get in one single unit?

Here is my hulk finally resting where he belongs

DSC01135_zps576eea77.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01143_zpse2d2c620.jpg
[/IMG]

:horror Amazing clean set up my friend! :clap Congrats on the repaint, from a distance the colour appears to be perfect but close up maybe not so much...close up i think i prefer the SSC paint application but hey ho thats just my opinion :) Like the fact you have a few of the same pieces that i have including obviously the Hulk Maquette, the Lord of Darkness PF, Lion-o PF and the Iron Man 1:2 Maquette :yess: Thanks for sharing the pics

AVH5.jpg:original

No disrespect but if I were u I would exchange your. My Hulk's forehead and teeth don't look dirty like that.

It appears that the majority of the Hulk Maquettes paint applications are inconsistent...mine does not have the dirty marks on the forehead as shown in the pic above but it did have the dirt marks below the lower lip. Its an easy fix if you have the correct green paint colour and i managed to correct it aswell as recieving a $50 credit from SSC. My point is the fact that SSC credited me shows that they agreed to their being an issue so i'm still undecided and confused as to whether these dirt marks should be there at all? Yes, i agree it looks fine on things like hands and feet but on the face ie. Forehead and Lower lip line??? I'm not so sure :dunno

Hey Snad, you have Bestas right? Which ones do you have, and how tall are the shelves? Basically how many PF's can I get in one single unit?

The shelves are adjustable in height. Most try to get them even so as to be able to fit doors on them. You can fit 2-3 regular sized PFs per shelf. Mostly only two though. In general you can get 6 in one unit.

When evenly spaced, the shelves are roughly 25-26" high. I am considering trying a pax instead though.

It appears that the majority of the Hulk Maquettes paint applications are inconsistent...mine does not have the dirty marks on the forehead as shown in the pic above but it did have the dirt marks below the lower lip. Its an easy fix if you have the correct green paint colour and i managed to correct it aswell as recieving a $50 credit from SSC. My point is the fact that SSC credited me shows that they agreed to their being an issue so i'm still undecided and confused as to whether these dirt marks should be there at all? Yes, i agree it looks fine on things like hands and feet but on the face ie. Forehead and Lower lip line??? I'm not so sure :dunno

You got a 50.00 credit?? When did that happen and how long did it take. I am still waiting to hear from them.

You got a 50.00 credit?? When did that happen and how long did it take. I am still waiting to hear from them.

Hey Jaws, when it comes to complaining to SSC they have been pretty much bang on and fast with replies to my emails. So i mailed SSC about a week ago and i had to wait for the rep to send my pics to the returns dept. I was then contacted by Daniel in the returns dept and he explained that those 'dirt marks' that were found under the lower lip on my Hulk should not be there and he went on to explain that a replacement would not be possible but i could get refunded and then order another or accept a $50 credit owhich could be placed on an existing pre order. The credit was applied last night to my upcoming Iron Man 1:1 bust pre order.

The Hulk dirt marks were an easy fix to be honest, i managed to find a paint that pretty much matches to the original, i'd say about an 9.5/10 match and so with a thin brush i just filled in the dirt marks. Looks as good as new now...im a perfectionist like most here and those dirt lines just annoyed me if anything. :)

Same thing with my Dutch PF, when i recieved it the strap of the knife holder snapped off and after showing pics to SSC they credited me $50 within a week of reporting the damage

Some of the best pics so far that i've seen of the Hulk Maquette, so much clarity in the pictures portrayin Hulk in all his glory. Well Done ComputerFly :clap

Wow... If I got one that looked this good I would be over the moon happy with it. I know that some are talking about the dirt in the wrinkles of the forehead and the like... BUT having worked on fair share of dusty construction sites in a past job I can HONESTLY say that is exactly what I looked like some days. Dirt in EVERY line on my hands and face, heck even NECK. This is just so detailed... LOVE it.

Hey Jaws, when it comes to complaining to SSC they have been pretty much bang on and fast with replies to my emails. So i mailed SSC about a week ago and i had to wait for the rep to send my pics to the returns dept. I was then contacted by Daniel in the returns dept and he explained that those 'dirt marks' that were found under the lower lip on my Hulk should not be there and he went on to explain that a replacement would not be possible but i could get refunded and then order another or accept a $50 credit owhich could be placed on an existing pre order. The credit was applied last night to my upcoming Iron Man 1:1 bust pre order.

The Hulk dirt marks were an easy fix to be honest, i managed to find a paint that pretty much matches to the original, i'd say about an 9.5/10 match and so with a thin brush i just filled in the dirt marks. Looks as good as new now...im a perfectionist like most here and those dirt lines just annoyed me if anything. :)

Same thing with my Dutch PF, when i recieved it the strap of the knife holder snapped off and after showing pics to SSC they credited me $50 within a week of reporting the damage

May I ask what paint you used to touch it up.(exact brand and color please) If it was that easy to do, than I would rather do it my self than have to send it back. I have no painting skills what so ever though.

Well My reply was siting in my spam the whole time LOL. Got the same 50.00 refund offer. Going to see what I can do about those teeth. Hate to have to send it back and order another since I love the paint apps everywhere else.

May I ask what paint you used to touch it up.(exact brand and color please) If it was that easy to do, than I would rather do it my self than have to send it back. I have no painting skills what so ever though.

I know you were not asking me but here is what I have done before.

First off Don't tust me. If anyone else has better advice then listen to them. But I have found that this has worked for me in the past.

You can get acrylic paint at any Hobby shop. I buy this kind at walmart

ct1-7_acrylicpnt.jpg

You basically will have to buy a few colors as mix them to get the right match. Pehaps a Light green and a Yellow. Mix until you get the match.

Use the brush but put just the smallest amout of paint you can on it and just go over it lightly. Add more until it is gone. Another way I have done it is to use the brush with the pait to add a vary asmall amout to the sot and then used a dry brush to go over it. Very lightly...

I also keep some Hot water very close by so I can wipe it off right away if I am not happy.

This has worked for me several times.

But I would still wait and see if you can get a better answer from someone. Or go in the customs section and see if they can help.

Back