Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to get a 1:4 scale Avengers movie Hulk, but if it's much more than $500, I'm out. The Abomination PF was that price a few years ago, so I'm expecting an increase to a price tag that's just a bit too high for me to justify.

This is not aimed at you tomandshell but I am starting to side with Shai on this. If the price is higher then less people will go after it.

I only say this because I have a fear of going to pre order and the site locks up and when I finally get there it's all sold out and a bunch of "new avenger" fans, not even real Hulk fans, have a Hulk and I just have my **** in my hands.

But if I can get one with no issue then a lower price is fine by me.

This is a must have for me. I been waiting for a right Hulk and this is the one.

My want list

Hulk PF (avengers)
Skaar Pf
Red Hulk Comi
Hopefully World War Hulk PF :pray:

This is not aimed at you tomandshell but I am starting to side with Shai on this. If the price is higher then less people will go after it.

I only say this because I have a fear of going to pre order and the site locks up and when I finally get there it's all sold out and a bunch of "new avenger" fans, not even real Hulk fans, have a Hulk and I just have my **** in my hands.

$500 or $1000, you shouldn't have a problem placing an order if you want it. The Sideshow urgency pre-order is basically a relic of the past.

This will have a TBD ES when it goes up for order. Even if the price is between $500-$600, you'll have no problem picking one up. I know there are a lot of new Avengers fans because of the movie but I can't believe many of them will drop the coin needed to pick this up. Hell, you even have some hardcore members here willing to pass if the price is too high. I'll be shocked if this is sold out on the first day of PO. Guys like you and I won't need more than the day it goes up for PO anyway. I'm sure we'll have our orders secured on opening day bro. We will both have this KILLER piece in our collection soon enough. Keep the faith high and the price low!

$500 or $1000, you shouldn't have a problem placing an order if you want it. The Sideshow urgency pre-order is basically a relic of the past.

Yes, the days of instant sell outs are behind us. This will be TBD and even if it's the fastest selling Sideshow piece this year, you will have hours to order it, not minutes. The long time Hulk fans and the new fans who loved him in Avengers will both have plenty of time to preorder this thing. I had the Hulk vs. Spidey and sold it during my Marvel purge, and I cancelled the Hulk PF. I just prefer the film designs over the comic versions, and I'm really happy to see a film based Hulk in 1:4 scale.

Yes, the days of instant sell outs are behind us. This will be TBD and even if it's the fastest selling Sideshow piece this year, you will have hours to order it, not minutes. The long time Hulk fans and the new fans who loved him in Avengers will both have plenty of time to preorder this thing. I had the Hulk vs. Spidey and sold it during my Marvel purge, and I cancelled the Hulk PF. I just prefer the film designs over the comic versions, and I'm really happy to see a film based Hulk in 1:4 scale.

If I was a rich man, I'd like to have both. I've got Thor, Cap, and Classic Iron Man comic premium formats, so I'd really like to get that Hulk some day. This is the only movie one that's really calling to me right now. I don't know if I can drop 1k on it, but I wish I could have one.

So Skaar EX sold out in a few hours on the first day for $379 plus shipping and you guys think this Hulk, even if $500-$700 wont sell out fast? Granted if its over $700 it will give me pause since Im new at collecting. Did the Skaar EX come out with an ES when orders were first taken or was it TBD? Whats the odds this Hulk will have an EX version?

Wow, a BF scenerio would be kinda fun. For the past few years Ive placed tons of orders on the PC when BF comes around. Something about getting an item when it sells out fast means more.

Does SS do deals for BF?

I think this will be up for sale in the next two months, and not Black Friday. At least I hope so! When Sideshow has done special Black Friday preorders, they have at times been limited. But I don't see them doing that for the main release of an in-demand piece like Avengers Hulk.

I personally think they'll announce this for preorder during the Con. Just makes the most sence to generate as much buzz as possible.:lecture

Not that Hulk needs any buzz to sell out :dunno

I think this will be up for sale in the next two months, and not Black Friday. At least I hope so! When Sideshow has done special Black Friday preorders, they have at times been limited. But I don't see them doing that for the main release of an in-demand piece like Avengers Hulk.

Oh no, I didnt mean it that way. Id say they Hulk will be for preorder in the next few weeks.

I collect Hot Toys and 1/4 scale statues. Peaceful coexistence on my shelves :1-1:

Like Tom, I would hope that this won't be too outrageously expensive, but I'll be very tempted by any price less than $1K. I'm guessing $700-800.

Just not sure where the hell I'm gonna find room to display it.

So Skaar EX sold out in a few hours on the first day for $379 plus shipping and you guys think this Hulk, even if $500-$700 wont sell out fast? Granted if its over $700 it will give me pause since Im new at collecting. Did the Skaar EX come out with an ES when orders were first taken or was it TBD? Whats the odds this Hulk will have an EX version?

What are a ES and EX version?

ES = edition size
EX = exclusive

There was Sideshow EXclusive version of Skaar which is long sold out and a regular version which can still be preordered.

Skaar EX had an ES of 500 already posted at the time of PO. The Hulk maquettte will not. It will go up as a TBD. There is no way that SSC paints themselves into a corner with a character as popular as the Hulk. They will take POs before they set the ES. It will not sell out the same day it goes up for order if the ES is TBD.

Colossus is 24", with cloth, $400
Destroyer is 2" taller at 26", plus light up, $500
War Machine is shorter at 20", but has a more intricate sculpt plus lights at $550.

Not sure exactly how tall Hulk will be but 2" and lights gave Destroyer an extra $100 over Colossus, the most expensive and tallest of the recent PFs.

I know Hulk is larger but with no light up, and a sculpt that isnt as detailed as tech armour since its just a big body and cloth pants, this really shouldn't be more than $550, which is $150 over Colossus.

Skaar EX had an ES of 500 already posted at the time of PO. The Hulk maquettte will not. It will go up as a TBD. There is no way that SSC paints themselves into a corner with a character as popular as the Hulk. They will take POs before they set the ES. It will not sell out the same day it goes up for order if the ES is TBD.

Gotcha. Makes sense. Any rumors about there being an EX version or just a regular version?

War Machine is shorter at 20", but has a more intricate sculpt plus lights at $550.

Not sure exactly how tall Hulk will be but 2" and lights gave Destroyer an extra $100 over Colossus, the most expensive and tallest of the recent PFs.

I know Hulk is larger but with no light up, and a sculpt that isnt as detailed as tech armour since its just a big body and cloth pants, this really shouldn't be more than $550, which is $150 over Colossus.

I like your math peedi!

How long did it take the Destroyer EX to sell out. Just looked it up and its an impressive statue.

Gotcha. Makes sense. Any rumors about there being an EX version or just a regular version?

If there is an EX for the Hulk maquette, I have to believe it's going to be a lame ass nameplate. I would rather have a print. No real collector will ever display this statue with a nameplate. Does anyone really have to guess who the character is? Those are the only 2 options I see. I don't see anything in the WIP shots that allows me to think there can be any switch out parts for the body or head.

Back