Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We only got the Blu-ray release yesterday and I hate the cinema experience.
Was worth the wait. Watching again today with my son.
He's got his Capt. America suit and I've got to be Thor, he said.

At least he didn't say you have to be Black Widow :lol

I just watched the Stan lee interview in the ss experience part of the page. Did anyone else see this and think the hulk looked much greener, brighter than the flat green in the proto pics.

I went to Comikaze and it was much more green ( in a good way) than the washed out proto pics I have seen. Really something to see in person!

Damnit! Guess i'm the only that hasn't watch this yet! September 25 can't get here any faster.

I really hate the movie theaters... god awful now and expensive....
I know what you mean, but there are still some movies (pretty much only comic related flicks) that will get me to the theater. My Avengers movie going experience was undoubtedly the worst of my entire life. The folks I sat next to did everything you're not supposed to do in a theater. I was unable to move because the place was jam packed. Aside from all of this, I somehow still enjoyed the hell out of that movie. I can't wait to grab this and watch it over and over in the comfort of my own home.

Last edited:
I know what you mean, but there are still some movies (pretty much only comic related flicks) that will get me to the theater. My Avengers movie going experience was undoubtedly the worst of my entire life. The folks I sat next to did everything your not supposed to do in a theater. I was unable to move because the place was jam packed. Aside from all of this, I somehow still enjoyed the hell out of that movie. I can't wait to grab this and watch it over and over in the comfort of my own home.

Sorry to hear that.
It's the reason I've invested a lot of money into a home theater.

Last time I went to the cinema was to watch Predators, hated it.
Watched it at home when it was released and really enjoyed it.
That's why I waited for the blu-ray release to watch The Avengers.
Watched it 3 times in 2 days so I've already got more than my money's worth.

Avengers is out already? I thought it was next week, must run to best buy ASAP!!

Last time I went to the cinema was to watch Predators, hated it.
Watched it at home when it was released and really enjoyed it.
That's why I waited for the blu-ray release to watch The Avengers.
Watched it 3 times in 2 days so I've already got more than my money's worth.

even more worth it if u download 1080p BLU-RAY version for free... :)

(like what i always do :yess:)

Sorry to hear that.
It's the reason I've invested a lot of money into a home theater.

+1000 and that's why I invested lots in mine as well. Can't beat watching a movie in a state of the art home theater in the privacy of your own home :yess:

I know what you mean, but there are still some movies (pretty much only comic related flicks) that will get me to the theater. My Avengers movie going experience was undoubtedly the worst of my entire life. The folks I sat next to did everything you're not supposed to do in a theater. I was unable to move because the place was jam packed. Aside from all of this, I somehow still enjoyed the hell out of that movie. I can't wait to grab this and watch it over and over in the comfort of my own home.

I read a lot of complaints about going to the movies. Just wondering, Where do you guys live?? Personally I love going to the movies. I mena I can go to a sold out stadium seating films and not put up with what you guys always seem to put up with. That is not to say that it has never happend but I find that the good outweighs the bad by about 95%. I live in a smaller town area and go to a theater in a smaller city in Binghamton NY. Perhaps us redneck small town folk just have better manners ;)

It was very expensive, refreshments even more so, uncomfortable, poor picture quality and the odd smelly person :lol
The only plus was the volume, can't crank it that loud at home but just enough to annoy the neighbours and rock the foundations a bit. :yess:

Why not buy the new Avengers Blue Ray boxset which includes some nice packaging! The films included are Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man 1 and 2 and finally the Avengers...

It was very expensive, refreshments even more so, uncomfortable, poor picture quality and the odd smelly person :lol
The only plus was the volume, can't crank it that loud at home but just enough to annoy the neighbours and rock the foundations a bit. :yess:

I dunno what you talking about, avenger in IMAX 3D is like watching a different movie than at home. You completely missed out on the experience by not watching it on the IMAX big screen.

I saw it in regular theater, real 3d, and IMAX 3d. There is just no comparison.

I read a lot of complaints about going to the movies. Just wondering, Where do you guys live?? Personally I love going to the movies. I mena I can go to a sold out stadium seating films and not put up with what you guys always seem to put up with. That is not to say that it has never happend but I find that the good outweighs the bad by about 95%. I live in a smaller town area and go to a theater in a smaller city in Binghamton NY. Perhaps us redneck small town folk just have better manners ;)
:lol Yeah, probably true. If I go to the theater, I always try to go on the morning of the Monday after the film's release to avoid crowds and annoying a-holes. For the Avengers, I went with a friend, and he chose the time and location. I was pretty much f'd from the start. I'm just waiting for the blu ray now. Can't wait to watch it again without interruption... and if there are interruptions, I gots me a pause button! :rock
Why not buy the new Avengers Blue Ray boxset which includes some nice packaging! The films included are Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man 1 and 2 and finally the Avengers...
Sounds sweet. Got a link?

Back