Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ink and me are Both mods and we shall not be ignored !!!!

No, no you are not.

ponyfacepalm.jpg

sigh, someone should really make a thread about open ES... so not to further contaminate this hulk maquette thread.. and perhaps a bit of cleaning from mod before it gets worsen.. i mean all i seen is jack nicholson giving me the finger now..

But it's not. Therefore, he can wait. Why would this bother anyone? SSC set the open ES. He now has choices. We all do. KD is a savy Vet to this game. He knows what time it is when there is an open ES and a current track record of shoddy QC from SSC. I would do the same if I was going to order this. There is no penalty for waiting to order with an open ES. I'm sure if it were closed, he'd probably PO now. That's just the way the game is played.

I was answering his question, thank you.

sigh, someone should really make a thread about open ES... so not to further contaminate this hulk maquette thread.. and perhaps a bit of cleaning from mod before it gets worsen.. i mean all i seen is jack nicholson giving me the finger now..

All of the open edition talk in so many topics on this site show that Sideshow is opening a big nasty can of worms, people DON'T like what Sideshow is doing so that is why you are seeing people talking about it all over. Alex from Sideshow said that many people from Sideshow browse this site so they know for sure now that people are pissed off.

I still have First4Figures and Cinemaquette to choose from so if Sideshow starts to go the Hot Toys way then it won't really bother me.

But it's not. Therefore, he can wait. Why would this bother anyone? SSC set the open ES. He now has choices. We all do. KD is a savy Vet to this game. He knows what time it is when there is an open ES and a current track record of shoddy QC from SSC. I would do the same if I was going to order this. There is no penalty for waiting to order with an open ES. I'm sure if it were closed, he'd probably PO now. That's just the way the game is played.

Shhhh.....I'm being schooled by newbs :lol

sigh, someone should really make a thread about open ES... so not to further contaminatethis hulk maquette thread.. and perhaps a bit of cleaning from mod before it gets worsen.. i mean all i seen is jack nicholson giving me the finger now..

:slap So the fact that SS decided this would be an open ES has nothing to do with this thread? :cuckoo:

This maquette has an open ES. It is a topic relevant to this thread. Some people feel very strongly on the topic and it has even caused some people to buy/not buy the piece because of it. Instead of trying to censor a relevant topic to this thread, maybe it would be best if some people simply pass over the posts that relate to the issue. After all, just because a topic is not relevant to you, that doesn't mean it's not to anyone else.

Edition number is NOT the only element that make a collectible item rare but also the AVAILABILITY.

Yeah 1000 may not be very rare in term of numbers but can you find the HULK PF at retail price TODAY? If you find one please let me know.

Same people said Sideshow may only make this 1500 pieces over unknown period of times even with open ES, although I completely disagree with that, but let's JUST ASSUME that is a fact.

Batman PF EX ES is set at 2000 but it was sold out within a week. Compare to Hulk Maquette, which one do you think it's rarer?
Yeah 2000 ES may seem huge but that PF is sold out good luck for a customer who want to pay a retail price for that one after the statue is ready to be shipped.

On the other hand HULK Maquette is ALWAYS AVAILABLE ANYTIME ANYWHERE YOU WANT TO BUY, you just need sideshow account and order it. THAT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE EVEN THOUGH THEY BOTH SEEM TO HAVE A NOT SO LIMITED ES.

The fact is NOBODY KNOW (including sideshow) how many Sideshow will make this. IT ALL DEPENDS ON DEMANDS. As long as there is still a demand Sideshow will continue making it. They have no obligation to stop making it because THERE IS NO NUMBER IS SET AND MAKE KNOWN TO THE CUSTOMERS.

People who said they will not make this more than 2000/3000/5000 or eventually they will stop making it HAVE NO PROVES. That's all JUST assumptions not a fact. The fact is IM LSF was up for pre-order in 2009 and I believe Terminator Endo LSF has been around even longer.

I believe this one will generate more orders than any other Sideshow Open ES products, not only the price is A LOT cheaper compare to LSFs, but Hulk is one of the most famous super hero characters in the world, of course they will MAKE THIS OPEN AS LONG AS THEY CAN.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Stop to think that Customers are just Cows willing Milked.
All the last decisions they took in the last 12 months will backfire them....

IV been collecting ss for almost ten years and I am very worried this most recent string of orders will haunt me. I am paying more than ever for higher or unlimited es and a poor history in qc, really not sure what way to go right now but in no rush to get hulk now. If there was an es, I. Would have ordereed already.

This maquette has an open ES. It is a topic relevant to this thread. Some people feel very strongly on the topic and it has even caused some people to buy/not buy the piece because of it. Instead of trying to censor a relevant topic to this thread, maybe it would be best if some people simply pass over the posts that relate to the issue. After all, just because a topic is not relevant to you, that doesn't mean it's not to anyone else.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Stop to think that Customers are just Cows willing Milked.
All the last decisions they took in the last 12 months will backfire them....

Yeah but if they make something truly limited everyone is unhappy. Make it a largre or open edition and everyone is unhappy.

Either way everyone is unhappy.

But if the decisions backfire then I am sure SS will take notice and change their ways.

ok u got a point there... i just open this thread in another few months or so when it's not about open ES anymore..

I was answering his question, thank you.

Please don't take my response as a shot at you. SSC declared this an open ES. That gives everyone options. No one should be upset if someone chooses not to PO now. Again, this was a general comment. It was not directed at you. Sorry if it came out that way.

Waaaagggh waaaaagh open ES... can we talk about something else now?

I think I'm going to dye the pants purple when I get this. Might apply the die to a facecloth and gently rub it in the pants. What do you guys think? Any master dye'ers out there?

Back