Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I almost always leave a smile after all my comments on here. :dunno

Judge however you want to judge. ES (whether actually numbered or Limited Edition in nature) is not always set way in advance.

-SideshowAlex

I always call it how it is. Edition sizes haven't been set in a while, the last one was the Skaar exclusive, it was 500 on pre-order day. It would great if you guys go back to like it used to be.

Unknown as of today. Simply check on the order page on Thursday when it's up for Pre-Order as that will state a TBD or Limited Edition. :)

-SideshowAlex

If you put TBD on Thursday, I hope you guys don't change it later on though.

When I ordered Galactus Maquette on day 1 you guys put it as Limited Edition: TBD but then few days later you drop the TBD :slap

Same thing happened with DROM PF regular :gah:

What is up with that? :dunno

I hope you guys won't do the same thing for this maquette, if it's truly open ES please indicate it from the beginning.

When I ordered Galactus Maquette on day 1 you guys put it as Limited Edition: TBD but then few days later you drop the TBD :slap

I hope you guys won't do the same thing for this maquette, if it's truly open ES please indicate it from the beginning.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Sorry Mamba but what is the Drom pF?

lol...come on, you guys know if its going to be OE or have an ES. Im sure thats been nailed down in a meeting already. :monkey3

You are absolutely right. Like they are gonna make such a crucial decision 2 days from this going up for pre-order. Let me spare you guys from the wait. You can fully expect to see TBD there on Thursday. The only reason they are saying is unknown at the time is to prevent a further meltdown here today.

I agree that being honest up front is the best policy. Regardless of Open ES or TBD ES.

Assuming of course that TBD doesn't turn to "Limited Edition: Limited Edition"

Unknown as of today. Simply check on the order page on Thursday when it's up for Pre-Order as that will state a TBD or Limited Edition. :)

-SideshowAlex

Alex, sideshow has every right to make it with an ES (Limited Edition: TBD) or an open ES (Limited Edition), even though we may not like it.

However once it's posted and people have placed their preorders with NRD money based on this info, it should NOT be changed again.

So far we already have two back to back examples of a product been posted as Limited Edition:TBD, only to have it secretly changed to open es AFTER preorders were already placed. They are galactus and ringwraith on steed pf reg edition.

Such dubious practice is unbecoming of the sideshow brand.

Alex, sideshow has every right to make it with an ES (Limited Edition: TBD) or an open ES (Limited Edition), even though we may not like it.

However once it's posted and people have placed their preorders with NRD money based on this info, it should NOT be changed again.

So far we already have two back to back examples of a product been posted as Limited Edition:TBD, only to have it secretly changed to open es AFTER preorders were already placed. They are galactus and ringwraith on steed pf reg edition.

:goodpost::lecture:exactly:

Why is it assumed that it is going to be an open es? It is blank right now, but I am sure Sideshow will put an actual number in there. After all it does say "Limited" so I wouldn't assume it is going to be open.

I think everyone needs to calm down and relax about ES. People get all worked up over this stuff and it ends up getting resolved. :peace

If it wasn't open I am sure Alex and all the Sideshow people that Alex says read these threads would have fixed it by now.

The evasion of the issue/question by Sideshow makes everyone assume that it is Open ES.

It's simple business speculation. Sideshow is simultaneously marketing and reacting to that marketing based on thread posts, phone calls, tweets, blogs, Youtube videos, FB posts,etc. All in an effort to:
#1 Move as many "Hulk" (in this case) boxes as possible in the shortest amount of time together with
#2 Move "Hulk" boxes with the highest profit margin by fronting more profit up front rather than give it to the secondary, hot-item, collectibles market. Doing so by finding the balance of price point vs edition size
#3 Maintain the fan base and not alienate newcomers to the market.
Probably in that order

You can certainly look at this hobby as an investment but you may be disappointed if your timing is off and you are uncomfortable with the risk involved.

Is it impossible to just enjoy these statues for what they are? Simple objects of art, made available to the relative masses?

I think the price is fair but I'd like to be assured that the premium being payed is going to better paint and overall quality control. That is what will keep me coming back. It can be very disappointing and disheartening to find out a production piece is far from the quality of the prototype.

Back