The ill Jedi's Art Print Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to SDCC, if you want I can pick it up for you. I've helped a lot of members here with exclusives, prints and stuff. I like to think that I'm pretty trustworthy that way. :) You can even check my feedback here on the board. Just putting it out there, if you feel that's something you might wanna do.

:goodpost:

Ill is a brother from another motha !!!!

:rock

Oh okay, so you're trying to avoid mailing/shipping it altogether then. I'd say waiting 'til november so you can save and make the trip would be your best bet.

So am I correct in assuming that he hasn't quoted you a final price?

Yea he hasn't said anything to me about a price. Another thing that's got my head spinning is that JSC didn't give me the pose I originally wanted, so it's not a piece that I'm 100% in love with.

I'm not trying to sound selfish or unrealistic here, but generally you can tell an artist what you want to see (basically do you want 't or 'a and sometimes those weird ones where it's somehow both 't and 'a in a twisted pose) and JSC gave me 't when I wanted 'a. And what gets me is how he had a thumbnail preview to show me at last years SDCC and we talked about how it wasn't what I asked for but he still went ahead and did his own thing.

So now what do I do? It's a JSC original for me and it looks nice, but the idea that he didn't do what I asked for (or seem to care) is kinda blinding from how lucky I am just to be getting a commission from him. Do I pay any price he lays in front of me? Do I debate him on how it wasn't what I really wanted and try to get it cheaper?

I'm just in a flux that I'm sure will go away once I finally see it in person (cuz it is nice, but it's not what it could/should have been nice)

Yea he hasn't said anything to me about a price. Another thing that's got my head spinning is that JSC didn't give me the pose I originally wanted, so it's not a piece that I'm 100% in love with.

I'm not trying to sound selfish or unrealistic here, but generally you can tell an artist what you want to see (basically do you want 't or 'a and sometimes those weird ones where it's somehow both 't and 'a in a twisted pose) and JSC gave me 't when I wanted 'a. And what gets me is how he had a thumbnail preview to show me at last years SDCC and we talked about how it wasn't what I asked for but he still went ahead and did his own thing.

So now what do I do? It's a JSC original for me and it looks nice, but the idea that he didn't do what I asked for (or seem to care) is kinda blinding from how lucky I am just to be getting a commission from him. Do I pay any price he lays in front of me? Do I debate him on how it wasn't what I really wanted and try to get it cheaper?

I'm just in a flux that I'm sure will go away once I finally see it in person (cuz it is nice, but it's not what it could/should have been nice)
I'd be agonizing over what to do if I was you. If I commissioned something and it wasn't what I wanted, I would feel really let down. It wouldn't be fair for you to pay such a high price for something that is not 100% what you wanted. On the flip side, I hear what you're saying about actually getting him to do the thing, so you definitely have a tough choice as to what to do here.

I think the best thing is for you to converse with him...im not sure why you cant get a hold of him...i messaged him via facebook and he's responded to me every time....

My latest pick ups from SDCC...

aee11125.jpg

79ca1271.jpg

3056079f.jpg

83151c76.jpg

65ae3d66.jpg

b118caa2.jpg

Back