The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
true... i would think that once the sculpt comes out, someone would jump on it. doesn't look like it would take all that much to complete.

other news... my raph shipped... tues is the day! happy to have the set complete! now... where to put them! lol

I checked my tracking today and it said they were unable to dispatch the trailer on time. :mad: It still hasn't updated with an actual delivery date. It should have been delivered tomorrow, but now it looks like it'll be at least Monday.

lol
give me a break! love the shipping from that place! :slap

trying to decide on whether to pull the trigger on that MKIII that goes up today... decisions decisions...

So what's the consensus here on the new Spider-Man movie? I finally saw it and I thought it was pretty good! The only complaint was that the suit is literally Batman Beyond, I don't think a young Peter Parker deserves that kind of tech so early in his career. Oh, and Keaton owns the movie. :rock

So what's the consensus here on the new Spider-Man movie? I finally saw it and I thought it was pretty good! The only complaint was that the suit is literally Batman Beyond, I don't think a young Peter Parker deserves that kind of tech so early in his career. Oh, and Keaton owns the movie. :rock

I still haven't seen it yet. The only reason I even want to is because of Keaton. :lol As soon as I saw the tech in the Spider-Man suit I became less interested in the character.

I still haven't seen it yet. The only reason I even want to is because of Keaton. :lol As soon as I saw the tech in the Spider-Man suit I became less interested in the character.

Keaton is AWESOME. I won't say much but he comes off as a generic villain but then there's this big twist in the third act that any lessor actor would have ruined it, and he totally nails that performance.

The Batman Beyond suit is a bit annoying and somewhat of a cheat, but it makes for some of the better parts of the story and it's there for a purpose. The Marvel stuff surprisingly doesn't get in the way and even Tony Stark was only there to advance the plot, and for that I'm super happy. I also liked Tom Holland in the role way more than I'd thought. :lol

I need to make the time to watch it--maybe I'll get to it this weekend. I do like that they made Peter Parker a kid again. It's just weird that they mixed the Iron Man/Spider-Man Civil War relationship with the Miles Morales storyline then added the tech of the suit that Spider-Man uses in the current comics. Kinda hodge-podge, but I guess who cares as long as it works. :lol

I need to make the time to watch it--maybe I'll get to it this weekend. I do like that they made Peter Parker a kid again. It's just weird that they mixed the Iron Man/Spider-Man Civil War relationship with the Miles Morales storyline then added the tech of the suit that Spider-Man uses in the current comics. Kinda hodge-podge, but I guess who cares as long as it works. :lol

Haven't seen it myself yet, however I've seen a lot of reactions from big Spidey fans and they absolutely hated it!!!

it wasn't bad... but honestly call me old skool... but i'm not a fan of the change in direction of mech suits for spidey. one of the attractions to the character for me has been he's just a nerdy kid w some crazy powers. now throw in stark tech mulit million dollar suits and it just cheapens the whole thing a bit. but you are right rook... keaton def was perfect for the role i thought.

I have to get a coil replaced in my A/C today. If it wasn't still so warm I would have waited until next Spring, but it's going to be ****ing 88° today. :mad: I want it to get into the low-mid 50's and stay there for awhile. I've had enough heat and humidity.

it wasn't bad... but honestly call me old skool... but i'm not a fan of the change in direction of mech suits for spidey. one of the attractions to the character for me has been he's just a nerdy kid w some crazy powers. now throw in stark tech mulit million dollar suits and it just cheapens the whole thing a bit. but you are right rook... keaton def was perfect for the role i thought.

I totally agree about the suit –*Spiderman (by Marvel's own guide) is an incredibly strong character, he has a built in warning system with his spidey-sense, which I believe they completely omit from Homecoming, and is fully capable of creating his own webbing and shooters... having Stark provide things like that, only serve to weaken the character of Peter Parker.
I'll reserve full judgement, but I'm not a fan at all of where Disney have taken the MCU – the early word on Ragnarok sounds ******ing terrible!

I think I'll like the parts of the new Thor movie that are on Asgard. I'm not impressed with the crazy technicolor dreamcoat arena scenes. I would have preferred they just make a straight-up Planet Hulk film with a bad ass Gladiator Hulk instead of making pieces of it fit into a Thor movie like DC did with Doomsday.

Keaton is AWESOME. I won't say much but he comes off as a generic villain but then there's this big twist in the third act that any lessor actor would have ruined it, and he totally nails that performance.

The Batman Beyond suit is a bit annoying and somewhat of a cheat, but it makes for some of the better parts of the story and it's there for a purpose. The Marvel stuff surprisingly doesn't get in the way and even Tony Stark was only there to advance the plot, and for that I'm super happy. I also liked Tom Holland in the role way more than I'd thought. :lol

For me it broke down to:

Spider-Man parts of movie - decent
Spider-Man and the Avengers parts of movie - also decent
Clueless Sony exec's idea of a High School parts of movie - oh god please make it stop

For me it broke down to:

Spider-Man parts of movie - decent
Spider-Man and the Avengers parts of movie - also decent
Clueless Sony exec's idea of a High School parts of movie - oh god please make it stop

I'm sure they did a ton of research

giphy.gif

I really liked Keaton in Spiderman:H. He needs more works Hollywood. I'd love for him to reprise the Batman series as an older Bruce Wayne.

I think I'll like the parts of the new Thor movie that are on Asgard. I'm not impressed with the crazy technicolor dreamcoat arena scenes. I would have preferred they just make a straight-up Planet Hulk film with a bad ass Gladiator Hulk instead of making pieces of it fit into a Thor movie like DC did with Doomsday.

The problems I have with what i've seen so far of Ragnarok are (apart from Hemsworth's terrible acting) the humour... the scene of Thor making a joke out of flying by spinning his hammer and the "he's a friend from work" line made my toes curl, they're that bad!
Also, all early reviews are saying the movie "had them laughing from start to finish", "hilarious", "funniest Marvel film yet"! ...this is Thor he's not supposed to be a comedy character :cuckoo: ...but worse than that, supposed Marvel fans actually accept this s***!!!

One last thing that bugs me... a personal gripe really, but if this planet Thor and Hulk are fighting on is lightyears away in space, why do they dress like ancient Roman gladiators? Kinda reminds me of old 60's episodes of Star Trek... but they did things like that because of small budgets!

pulled the trigger on that MKIII maquette yesterday... amazed the exclusive sold out in just a few hours! at least i have a year to figure out where i will put it! :lol

Back