The "I Got Negative Zone Spidey" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lakeshouse said:
YES ! finally got my shipping notice ! I'm not a big fan of Spider-man
but somehow, I'm excited about this. :chew

Well, that's good to hear. I still haven't gotten my shipping notice yet out here in Hawaii. I thought I was the only one still waiting. Maybe I am now.

There is a question about what happened to the lower edition numbers on this and the Classic Spider-Man pieces. I posted the following on SF...

lcummins said:
Not including the Grey Hulk VS Spider-Man, all of the "ultra" limited items are mysteriously missing the first third of their edition numbers as reported between Sideshow Freaks and Statue Forum boards.

1:1 Ardeth Bey SSE Bust LE 15 pieces - numbers 1 through 5 never reported...

Classic Spider-Man PF LE 75 pieces - numbers 1 through 26 never reported...

Negative Zone Spider-Man PF LE 75 pieces - numbers 1 through 40 never reported (although I expect lower numbers to show up as more arrive)...

It is curious that the lower third of numbers is not being reported between all the members of two different boards that got these. Statistics and the Law of Averages would tell us that it might happen once, but three times???

If the same trend happens with the 1:1 Dracula SSE Bust, then something is definitely up...

Anyone here of any of the lower numbers turning up anywhere???

All I know is that 25 out of 75 to be missing is pretty odd. Either the European warehouse got the low numbers for a change or Sideshow employees that are Spidey fans got something special as a holiday bonus.

I think its just a perk for SS employees to get one.
I dont really agree with that many being made available to them, but what can you do?
I think they should just make more APs and only offer a limited number of those to employees and not dip into the publicly advertised ES.

Kinda lets you know though that when these go up for preorder, people are really racing to get only 50 not the 75 it seems to be.

I should have my NZ Spidey tomorrow. Will report the number.

Well you have to figure that a few goto Marvel, then a few there are few held back for contests, then I would guess a few employees get some, say the sculpter, and a few lucky employees who get one. I do think I remeber Dusty saying they don't get any kind of priority so I don't think there are a lot of them going to them. Then you have some going to EU and beyond.

I don't think they are really holding back 33% of these maybe 5-10 to cover the corporate stuff.

I've not had anything apart from a order confirmation for my Neg-Zone Siper Man. Maybe the EU guys will get the low numbers! :chew

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

I'm looking to buy one of these, and I'd rather buy from a boardmember
than a stranger on Ebay, so please PM or e-mail me if you're looking to
part with your Negative Zone Spidey. Thanks very much!

JS :)

JSAuctionService said:
Thanks for the head's-up lc, but the s/h from the UK would put that
one over what I can afford to spend on it. If there is a US owner
who is parting with theirs, please let me know.

Thanks again lc!

JS :)
I'll sell you mine for $700.00 shipped.:D The last one went for $710.00 on ebay before shipping.

Bannister said:
I'll sell you mine for $700.00 shipped.:D The last one went for $710.00 on ebay before shipping.
What, one sold for $710? Damm thats making it to tempting to sell.

it's nice to see that this is doing well on the secondary market. i'm sure i could easily make a nice profit from mine but when it comes down to it i personally can not let this go from my collection. my home museum needs rare antiquities. :D

Bodie The Cursed said:
My thoughts are that $700 in a few months might be considered cheap..

Who would have thought that this would be worth more than the Classic? I guess obscurity = $$$! :google

Oh if only people could live without things then scalpers wouldn't win. Let the poo throwing commence. I wish people just bought things for their own personal enjoyment and not to make a few bucks.

Back