The "I got my Obi-Wan Exclusive" 25 page thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The "I got my Obi-Wan Exclusive" 28 page thread!

Darth Kustomizer said:
Thank you so much Winged Shadows for the site address that you posted. That got me where I needed to be.
Yeah, I think that might have helped me too, I was going through the front page sending my password when I read Winged Shadow's post and tried opening up a new window through his link, that's when I finally got to the product page on the other window, maybe that's what helped me through? :dunno
Thanks for the link WS if it did!

RoboDad said:
No, it wasn't a fluke. The differences were 1) this was Star Wars, 2) there were 1750 of the Obi-Wan figures available, and 3) the price was $300 lower than the Lurtz figure. The system was EXACTLY the same as the one used for Lurtz.

Oh, and I got mine. :D

I don't think so, the site was actually "streamed down" to allow for faster navigation, that clearly was not the case today. Sure price and popularity were an issue, but enough to cause this much trouble - I doubt it. You figure 750 Lurtz and not a single real peep about slow down, vs. 1750 Obi Wan and pages of frustration ... something doesn't add up. :google

I am a huge LOTR fan, vbut the fact is that Star Wars appeals to a much wider audience, many of whom have been hard-core collectors fo a looooong time, whereas LOTR has only seen major collectability in the past six years or so. Plus the 1/6 scale is also more appealing for the low price point and space issues. 1/4 scale has never really worked for me, and a lot of fellow collectors feel the same. 1/4 is a much more limited audience.

lcummins said:
Each time a new pre-order sells out faster than the last, it will only increase demand and bring more people to the next pre-order! This is only gonna get worse people!

I know!! :eek :eek :eek

What I want to know is why you guys were busy here posting when you couldn't get through to order!? :google I wouldn't have left Sideshow's site for a second until I ordered it.

The main reason I don't collect 1/4 is the lack of articulation.

I'd love to see a 1/4 line that had full articulation, including fingers and thumbs.

Buttmunch said:
What I want to know is why you guys were busy here posting when you couldn't get through to order!? :google I wouldn't have left Sideshow's site for a second until I ordered it.

It killed time while you were waiting for sideshows page to load :D

Buttmunch said:

I opened a second, smaller browser window. Trust me, I didn't want to take my eyes off the Sideshow site! The reality was, it was taking minutes for something to happen, so you had a chance to post in between server error messages. At first, it's a relief to read that other people are going through the same thing. Then relief turns to stress when they start getting their orders in and you don't!

tomandshell said:
Then relief turns to stress when they start getting their orders in and you don't!

Exactly! I had two tabs open in one browser: This forum and the one on Rebelscum. Since I started browsing the Sideshow site at 9:45am, I thought for sure it wouldn't be too bad. I got Anakin within about the first 10 minutes of release. But today, it took at least 45 minutes to get Obi-wan! And that was only when someone posted a direct link! For a while there, I was thinking that I might miss out on the exclusive!

I got my order in with under half an hour of waiting from an internet café in Croatia.

Didn't seem too much of a hassle, if you take the slow servers out of the equation. And with the way this line is selling, I hope Sideshow will be able to afford much faster ones in the very near future!

Very, very happy with the Kenobi. Rock on, guys!

:blissy

Seretur said:
I got my order in with under half an hour of waiting from an internet café in Croatia.

Didn't seem too much of a hassle

So THAT'S the secret!! Looks like I need to be in Croatia when Exclusive Boba Fett goes up.

Just got home from work and had to go on the wait list for Obi Wan Exclusive.
Why do I have to be at work everytime they do the new pre orders?

I guess I was lucky, 15 minutes no longer seemed so bad. It seemed to go through a lot of unnecessary pages. It's worth it though, what a great figure with fantastic accessories. My favorite figure so far, but will be displaced soon by something else.

Has someone done the ebay thing yet?

Buttmunch said:

It's something to do while you're waiting for the page to load. I kept this board in one tab and the sideshow page on another. My connection is fast enough to handle multiple pages opening at once, the problem is the upload speed on the other side(sideshow's, in this case). Having this board open didn't slow me down at all.

This was my longest pre-order item from the 3..:banghead

Luke and Anakin was around 5 mins and the Obi-Wan....48mins:banghead :banghead

I have NO hair left :rolleyes:

But it was still worth it.:D

WW :Wizard

Back