The "I got my Obi-Wan Exclusive" 25 page thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is cool im really glad to be getting in on this collection. so far these are the best looking 12" to date (must wait until delivery to confirm) i cant wait to get the luke so i can compare him with the medicom 12" that i already have.

--i also hope they decide to wait to do the sith collection because im losing too much sleep --and money-- right now.

Well I started at 12:59PM ET and my order confirmation came in 1:12PM ET. So 13 minutes which is pretty good. Site was slow but I only had to refresh twice. Patience was the key. Just wait for the page to load. Only refresh if the browser can't connect.

I tried both an affiliate link through directrack and directly onto sideshow collectibles and the affiliate link wouldn't connect at all. It worked much better direct to Sideshow. I don't know if that was a coincidence or not. You people that had a lot of trouble connecting, where you going on direct or using an affiliate link?

I was really patient when I ordered Luke and Anakin but this time I got a little impatient and refreshed when I should not have. It made it alot longer and eventually I had to go to the phone because I was so worried I would miss out. Next time I will force myself to be patient and let that page load.

Shaihulud said:
Just prove that Star Wars is still the #1 in the collectors market...

I'd be willing to bet the the 12" Star Wars Figures will be more popular than the 12" Lord of the Rings Figures.

However, I'd also be willing to bet that the 1/4 PF Lord of the Rings Figures will be more popular than the 1/4 PF Star Wars Figures.

Fritz said:
I'd be willing to bet the the 12" Star Wars Figures will be more popular than the 12" Lord of the Rings Figures.

However, I'd also be willing to bet that the 1/4 PF Lord of the Rings Figures will be more popular than the 1/4 PF Star Wars Figures.

I would have to agree, SW is the single most popular collectibles franchise based off a movie series...

I finally got my order in after 45 minutes of attempts, all I could get was the front page but not onto the item page. I tried their phone number 1-800-474-3746 several times but could not connect for some reason. I could put in my ID and password but could not send it to get to the product page, I kept getting the "this item is not available for preorder" page. But I stayed calm and eventually got through.
The exclusive was worth the trouble.
I'm now 3 for 3!
:banana

Fritz said:
Well I started at 12:59PM ET and my order confirmation came in 1:12PM ET. So 13 minutes which is pretty good. Site was slow but I only had to refresh twice. Patience was the key. Just wait for the page to load. Only refresh if the browser can't connect.

I tried both an affiliate link through directrack and directly onto sideshow collectibles and the affiliate link wouldn't connect at all. It worked much better direct to Sideshow. I don't know if that was a coincidence or not. You people that had a lot of trouble connecting, where you going on direct or using an affiliate link?

I was going direct, not through an affiliate. And I did not refresh at all. Just patiently waited until I could log in, then after logging in was told that it was not up for sale yet, and I could return to the log in page. Lather, rinse, repeat, until I finally tried the link posted here instead, and it worked like a charm.

I went to their main site around noon CST. I got the priority ordering login screen. Once I logged in, it took me to a list of priority items. Obi-Wan was the only one listed. I clicked the purchase button and it went to the normal "Place Order" screen after that. I clicked the order button and got my order number.

Of course, I had a few minutes worth of white screen to look at between each step, but I managed to get through it in 15 minutes or so. Seems strange how everyone had a different shopping experience.

My ordeal lasted 56 minutes, from 10:00am PST to 10:56 before I finally got through. It took me about 30 minutes to get into the site and then just about another 30 to get through the login and ordering pages. I think I got my exclusive order in with just minutes to spare... 3 for 3 as well but unless the next exclusive is vital, I'll be going for the regular version and no hassles.

Wasn't able to land the exclusive. (as usual) :banghead

Got the Regular edition on order thou.

I kept getting the "your call has been disconected" message when trying to order on the phone. So I just kept redialing & finally got through. Im 3 for 3 on the Exclusives! :banana

I wasn't able to get through at all, so I called a buddy and he ordered me one. Almost had a stroke, it was nerve racking........sorry to those that didn't get one........it was a server issue, it kept spitting me back out!

WOW, now that was some reading!!!!!!!!!!!!! :horror I didn't plan on ordering this one at all, but I see now reason why those who did couldn't just use the same system as Lurtz.

Why does this always seem to be a problem, Lurtz was soooo smoooth, was it only a fluke? :confused:

My Dad was able to order me one on the phone. I have't read through the rest of the thread yet, but it looks like Sideshow really wasn't ready like they thought. :rolleyes:

The "I got my Obi-Wan Exclusive" 28 page thread!

I had about a 54 minute wait on-line due to the on-line traffic slow down on the site. What a headache that was! Getting ahold of the exclusive Anakin figure was a much simpler task by far.

Thank you so much Winged Shadows for the site address that you posted. That got me where I needed to be.

Last edited:
LOTRFan said:
WOW, now that was some reading!!!!!!!!!!!!! :horror I didn't plan on ordering this one at all, but I see now reason why those who did couldn't just use the same system as Lurtz.

Why does this always seem to be a problem, Lurtz was soooo smoooth, was it only a fluke? :confused:
No, it wasn't a fluke. The differences were 1) this was Star Wars, 2) there were 1750 of the Obi-Wan figures available, and 3) the price was $300 lower than the Lurtz figure. The system was EXACTLY the same as the one used for Lurtz.

Oh, and I got mine. :D

Back