The Hottoycast: The new High-End Collectable Podcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My question to Star Ace:

There were teasers for the QUEEN license; when will Freddie M be released and will there be other music ICONS like David Bowie in the works for the future?

I think there was a licensing issue and it was cancelled/dropped, but will still be good to hear their POV.

The biggest problem with this podcast is that there is such a gap between each episode. Otherwise, I think it's really great. Are there other good podcasts on Hot Toys?

The biggest problem with this podcast is that there is such a gap between each episode. Otherwise, I think it's really great. Are there other good podcasts on Hot Toys?

There are a few general action figure podcasts like The Fwoosh and Action Figure Blues but there are no other podcasts like ours that is strictly about Hot Toys, high-end figures, has industry working hosts and guests.
We are trying to close the gap and there will be another episode very soon. The three of us a very busy individuals with time consuming jobs and the two lads have kids.

mezco-logo.jpg

I am very happy to announce that Mezco are coming on The Hottoycast very soon.

Please post any questions you may have for Mez himself right here.

for Mezco:

Are there any DC characters you'd like to introduce in the 1:12 line but can't due to technical challenges in that scale?

For Mezco:
If you could choose any Intellectual Property to make figures of, what Would it be and why?
(movies,Tv,books, comics or a certain era like Victorian London or Wild West etc)

Also eamon is there pics of your Iron Man collection anywhere? Would love to see them

Keep the questions coming guys. We should be recording in the next week or so.

Also eamon is there pics of your Iron Man collection anywhere? Would love to see them
I may do a video of my collection and put it up on The Hottoycast Youtube channel.

Oh yeah, there's now The Hottoycast Youtube channel. :)

I have a couple questions:

-Will they continue the TDKR line (Superman)?
-Why did they take the ultra realistic headsculpt apporach?
-Any news on the MK Klassic line?
-Do you lurk the boards, specifically this one?

:duff

I didn't know this podcast existed, there aren't many good toy podcasts around, will follow this one.

Also... Can they make a series of figures based on the Cyber City Oedo 808 anime series please?
At least the 3 main characters. I'd buy the heck out of those!
f01038e0840f9c0522920b3de1f1b35e.jpg

Keep the questions coming guys. We should be recording in the next week or so.

I may do a video of my collection and put it up on The Hottoycast Youtube channel.

Oh yeah, there's now The Hottoycast Youtube channel. :)

I am now a subscriber. Please feel free to share your collection. Be great to see all the hosts showing of their wares on here.

Questions for Mez/Mezco-

-Will there be any variants on the DC Universe figures?

-Will they release COMIC ACCURATE versions of DC characters rather than these Mezco designed/tweaked versions?

-Will we see JSA members?

Great questions guys. Keep em coming as I will be sending all these direct to Mez himself. :)

I have set up a Googleplus account for The Hottoycast so the hosts and listeners can interact a bit more and share collection pics and even hopefully videos. But I am not well informed on what google plus is or how it works yet. Trying to get Maralyn Monroe and Dumbledore packaging artwork done this week so will try to learn more as soon as I can.

Great questions guys. Keep em coming as I will be sending all these direct to Mez himself. :)

I have set up a Googleplus account for The Hottoycast so the hosts and listeners can interact a bit more and share collection pics and even hopefully videos. But I am not well informed on what google plus is or how it works yet. Trying to get Maralyn Monroe and Dumbledore packaging artwork done this week so will try to learn more as soon as I can.

If you can sneak a JFK reference in there without them knowing that would be amazing. Maybe his grinning face in a wisp of cloud or on the pattern of her dress etc haha

Glad you are able to do this and thanks for asking us for some of our questions.

Just like to say to Mezco how thrilled I am with the One:12 line. I plan on getting many/most of them.

Questions about buying direct from the Mezco site:
1. Is there any way to lower the shipping price on the Mezco site. $15 to ship 1 drives me to buy them elsewhere.
2. Would they consider allowing us to bundle figures to save on shipping cost. Like a BigBadToyStore 'Pile of Loot' type system.
3. Any possibility of a SideShowCollectors type monthly code/ rewards points or even some type of subscription service.

Questions about the One:12 line:
1. Wondering how aware they are about how important it is for us to have confidence that they will complete or fill out a line. (i.e. some might not buy any Star Trek if they don't think they whole crew would get made, same concerns with TDKR and Universal Monsters lines)
2. Curious about plans for backdrop sets like the ones they use to showcase TDKR Batman and Judge Dredd being available for purchase in the future.
3. About how many figures (not including variants) do they plan to put out per year?
4. How likely/unlikely would it be for them to get the license to make One:12 Legend of Zelda (preferably Twilight Princess)?
5. Are they actively pursuing game licenses to the point that it would actually make it to production in the next 2-3 years?
6. Are we going to see lots of Villains and Females in the next reveals, or will it be predominantly male heroes? (I think lots of us would like to not just see Villains and Females but see several of them in the next line-up of reveals)

That's a lot from me and I don't expect you to use all of it (or any of it for that matter), but thanks for throwing the opportunity out to us. Any idea when the podcast will be on youtube?

Back