The Hot Toys Iron Legion Checklist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Tiger and Mark X use Hammerheads torso. It doesn't look like his head, legs or arms are used for any other armors. Not sure about Nightclub. Chest looks unique. But arms, legs and head???? Maybe someone else knows .

Look to me like everything on Nightclub is "unique".

Did some looking myself and added your observations...

Mk. VIII uses Nightclub head (debatable, most think Hot Rod/IP/WM Mk. II head).
Mk. X uses Hammerhead chest.
Mk. XII uses Nightclub head (debatable, most think Hot Rod/IP/WM Mk. II head).
Mk. XIX "Tiger" uses Hammerhead chest.
Mk. XXIX "Fidler" uses Nightclub forearm (1).
Mk. XXXII "Romeo" uses Nightclub forearms and head.

Looks like everything else uses parts from armors HT already produced. I wonder if they'll make Nightclub or Hammerhead as the next unique armor. If you notice something wrong or omitted, please add to the list!

So we're down to 15 armors that need to still be made. Two unique and the rest are Mr. Potato Headed together.

Exactly!

Mk. VIII
Mk. X
Mk. XI
Mk. XII
Mk. XIII
Mk. XIV
Mk. XVI NIGHTCLUB (Unique)
Mk. XVIII CASANOVA
Mk. XIX TIGER
Mk. XXVIII JACK (Next)
Mk. XXIX FIDDLER
Mk. XXXI PISTON
Mk. XXXII ROMEO
Mk. XXXIV SOUTHPAW
Mk. XXXVII HAMMERHEAD (Unique)

Exactly!

Mk. VIII
Mk. X
Mk. XI
Mk. XII
Mk. XIII
Mk. XIV
Mk. XVI NIGHTCLUB (Unique)
Mk. XVIII CASANOVA
Mk. XIX TIGER
Mk. XXVIII JACK (Next)
Mk. XXIX FIDDLER
Mk. XXXI PISTON
Mk. XXXII ROMEO
Mk. XXXIV SOUTHPAW
Mk. XXXVII HAMMERHEAD (Unique)

I'm just as excited to get 8 as 10-14 and the rest. They all have some interesting suit part combinations. And 12-14 have a dark /grey /silver tone to them I like a lot

I'm just as excited to get 8 as 10-14 and the rest. They all have some interesting suit part combinations. And 12-14 have a dark /grey /silver tone to them I like a lot

Agreed, 100%

I posted this in the Shades thread but it's more fitting here.

Jack is next right, Halloween armor maybe?

I know the first picture is real, what about the second? A render?

Also, name the parts used for Jack (if you dare, bwahaha):

Those Red Snapper/Peacemaker thighs attached to the SC/BS abdomen look like Kim Kardashian from the front :rotfl

Attachments

• IMG_3116.JPG
    IMG_3116.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3117.JPG
    IMG_3117.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 71
Agreed, 100%

I posted this in the Shades thread but it's more fitting here.

Jack is next right, Halloween armor maybe?

I know the first picture is real, what about the second? A render?

Also, name the parts used for Jack (if you dare, bwahaha):

Those Red Snapper/Peacemaker thighs attached to the SC/BS abdomen look like Kim Kardashian from the front :rotfl

The second image is a render and not a well scaled one either. Jack is mostly Mk7, Centurion, and Heartbreaker parts with Snapper

Here's another photoshop (repeat this is not real)
MnW0Ed6.jpg

PI's old prototypes looked pretty good for Jack

d9CNYtz.jpg

bVmbow5.jpg

zo3NTDZ.jpg

His red and gold brother is Mark 11
lSSHNNDl.jpg
UfkjQlJl.jpg

:dunno
Nice. You may have something there. Spooktacular exclusive

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Right? I mean Jack is totally traditional Halloween colors, perhaps that's why the tease with the long released Disco didn't immediately come to fruition.

Or maybe it's a combination of tooling the RS/PM thunder thighs to the SC/BS waist. Or maybe that was easy and it's connecting the RS/PM thighs to the HB/Tank legs. It could be a number of things. I really don't think they're as easy as Mr. Potatohead :dunno

It's honestly perfect for Spooktacular!

The second image is a render and not a well scaled one either. Jack is mostly Mk7, Centurion, and Heartbreaker parts with Snapper

Here's another photoshop (repeat this is not real)
MnW0Ed6.jpg

PI's old prototypes looked pretty good for Jack

d9CNYtz.jpg

bVmbow5.jpg

zo3NTDZ.jpg

His red and gold brother is Mark 11
lSSHNNDl.jpg
UfkjQlJl.jpg

I remember seeing those pictures at one time or another. The waist drove me crazy trying to figure out which it used at first because my SC is in the 4th row of my IL/HPP display. I knew it wasn't Mk. VII waist but that one took some book cracking for me.

After ordering the movie promo cap, I noticed that it's been almost a year since the last HPP armor was released. Shades ( and retro bones ) came out in June last year. It has me wondering if HT is going to be making the last 15 ( even some of ) for the 1st time. I think Jack is the only other armor we've seen teased.

After ordering the movie promo cap, I noticed that it's been almost a year since the last HPP armor was released. Shades ( and retro bones ) came out in June last year. It has me wondering if HT is going to be making the last 15 ( even some of ) for the 1st time. I think Jack is the only other armor we've seen teased.

You're right it has been a while since a HPP armor was teased. I hope Hot Toys hasn't abandoned finishing out the HPP.

Yeah I’m kinda worried about it myself but then I realize that after Avengers 4 (next year-crazy huh?) RDJ is done. It might take another 5 years for the rest to be released, but I still think they will all be made. Jack will probably be coming for PO or straight up buy at SDCC this year and if we see Nightclub and Hammerhead (the last 2 armors with unique parts) then we will know for sure that HT will at least have all the molds done for the remaining 12.

I know 15 are left but I’m taking in consideration that Jack will be 1, Nightclub will be 2 and Hammerhead will be 3. Seriously, if we see Jack even go up for PO by the end of the year, I’ll be confident that all will be made. Lastly, I’m pretty sure that 1 reason (out of many) that we haven’t had any HPP armors in awhile is that the HT IM R&D team has been busy with IW and Diecast remakes. Once Stark is dead, I think the demand for various armors will start to increase again.

/rant :lol

I somehow JUST found this. Anyways after making my HT checklist I've been looking for prototypes that haven't been released, found this by finding Jack.

I must say I really wish they made 5 of these instead of 5 color variants. Especially those retros, while a cool concept, it's not cool enough (for me at least) to take the spot of some more HPP armors. I do however promote the Midas gold chrome version. I feel if you were only to get one Midas it should be the gc version.

I could see them doing XI for the summer exclusive and Jack around Halloween.

I could see them doing XI for the summer exclusive and Jack around Halloween.

Agreed on GC Midas if I could only have one but the OG is definitely the more movie accurate one.

Great idea about Mk. XI first then Jack for Halloween! Only thing is that it seems like collectors are starting to prefer the armors with different colors so I’m not sure how well (especially after IW) a Mk. IX would do this year. For example, people were not excited for the SMHC Mk. XLVII when announced but now is more sought after then the CW Mk. XLVI :huh

I think it's just too much for HT with Marvel having so many movies constantly coming out, as well as other licenses from DC and of course SW. At this point it seems unlikely they will get too all of them. Especially since they are now focusing on remaking the core figures in Die Cast.

At least King Arts seem intent on releasing them all. They've done nearly all of them. Smaller 1/9 scale, but like 80% Diecast for those who like em heavy.

Very true. Star Wars alone has taken up a huge chunk of time for Hot Toys.

While I do agree for the most part, they do only have 2 unique armors left, so they only have 2 risks to make. The rest of them are all mashups of things they have, so let’s say they need to make new joints for the different armors to connect to each other and they have to make new boxes, that is a much smaller cost than making a fully original die cast armor. It’s almost pure profit for each armor at that point, and they can all be exclusives as far as I’m concerned, so a lower production number. You also have to consider the more figures they make from a movie the more worth it it was to buy the license. To me it seems obvious to do 2 risky releases for 13 mostly profit releases. I understand the threshold for reliable sales has passed for the majority, but that’s why I suggest they’re all exclusives the people who want them can get them and the demand wouldn’t be so high that they’d be so completely unreasonably priced that people who missed out can’t get it.

Idk I do get the points against it but I also see a case for it. I could argue both side with myself all day and not come to a conclusion.

That’s all. Thank you for reading.

Very true. Star Wars alone has taken up a huge chunk of time for Hot Toys.

Yeah but you can hardly give away SW merchandise lately. It’s not just HT’s either, it’s affecting all the SW licensees. Sorry I can’t find the article that I read but it addressed the over saturation of SW merchandise and another one which showed the final day at numerous Toy R Us store closings where the SW aisles were practically still fully stocked.

While I do agree for the most part, they do only have 2 unique armors left, so they only have 2 risks to make. The rest of them are all mashups of things they have, so let’s say they need to make new joints for the different armors to connect to each other and they have to make new boxes, that is a much smaller cost than making a fully original die cast armor. It’s almost pure profit for each armor at that point, and they can all be exclusives as far as I’m concerned, so a lower production number. You also have to consider the more figures they make from a movie the more worth it it was to buy the license. To me it seems obvious to do 2 risky releases for 13 mostly profit releases. I understand the threshold for reliable sales has passed for the majority, but that’s why I suggest they’re all exclusives the people who want them can get them and the demand wouldn’t be so high that they’d be so completely unreasonably priced that people who missed out can’t get it.

Idk I do get the points against it but I also see a case for it. I could argue both side with myself all day and not come to a conclusion.

That’s all. Thank you for reading.

All valid points and factor in the cost for a low production run of a figure (unique or not), the general rule is the lower the edition size, it becomes a higher cost per unit. Yeah sorry, I do the same thing by “argu[ing] both side with myself all day and not come to a conclusion.” :slap

All valid points and factor in the cost for a low production run of a figure (unique or not), the general rule is the lower the edition size, it becomes a higher cost per unit. Yeah sorry, I do the same thing by “argu[ing] both side with myself all day and not come to a conclusion.” :slap

I wasn't thinking about that when I typed it. I know that's how it is, but in my head I was like "less molds, less plastic, more money" but I forgot about the less you use a mold the more expensive it is.

Back