The Hot Toys 1/6 STAR WARS VISUAL CHECKLIST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 1/6 STAR WARS checklist thread - all 1/6 SW releases from HT listed here

Is this confirmed for sure, or just speculation?

Neal Scanlan, head of creature effects on The Force Awakens confirmed it:

"This character is much better executed as a CGI character. That’s just a practical reality when he’s 7-foot-something tall; he’s very, very thin."

Re: Hot Toys 1/6 STAR WARS checklist thread - all 1/6 SW releases from HT listed here

As far as TFA goes, I'm thinking Poe Dameron is next.

Then we're down to

-Han Solo
-Chewbacca
-General Hux
-Snoke
-Maz Kanata
-General Leia Organa
-Threepio & Artoo Set
-Luke Skywalker

Hopefully:

-BD Kylo Ren (with Driver sculpt)
-Stormtrooper FN-2187
-X-Wing Fighter Poe Dameron
-Rey in new outfit

Doubtful

-Lor San Tekka (Max Von Sydow)
-Unkar Plutt (Simon Pegg)

Neal Scanlan, head of creature effects on The Force Awakens confirmed it:

"This character is much better executed as a CGI character. That’s just a practical reality when he’s 7-foot-something tall; he’s very, very thin."

He could be lying... :lol

I'd personally prefer for him to be tiny as a continuation of the 'size matters not' theme, but whatever. Hopefully it'll work.

OP updated with the Battlefront Shock Trooper. Can't wait for more movie-based figures.

Chewie is on wait list at Sideshow, so not technically sold out. Luke Stormtrooper has also moved to wait list, so if you're counting that as sold out, you can flag his thumbnail too.

John Williams has used lots of "character" themes at different points in the movies when a different character is actually on screen. You can go back to Yoda's theme being used when Fett is shooting at Luke on Cloud City for that. Williams has always said he uses the themes that sound best, not necessarily the ones that "match" the character on screen. It makes sense for him to get more use out of the music in the Plagieus scene for Snoke.

Really lame they had to revive an "Emperor-like" figure as a villain for this movie and even be as transparent about it as to re-use Emperor concept art. It just underlines the massive lack of imagination put into figuring out what this new trilogy should be. So much of a lack of imagination that when they couldn't find anything from the existing movies to rip off, they had to revive the thrown-out 1980 plans for episodes 7-9 and undo aspects of ROTJ to make them usable again (in those plans, the Emperor doesn't die until Episode 9).

Is Hot Toys doing enough TFA Troopers yet? Since when is Sideshow or Hot Toys ahead of Hasbro 4" and 6" on releasing troopers? This is a ridiculous amount of trooper variations considering they almost disappeared in the third act of the movie.

Chewie is on wait list at Sideshow, so not technically sold out. Luke Stormtrooper has also moved to wait list, so if you're counting that as sold out, you can flag his thumbnail too.

Thanks for letting me know! OP updated.

This really should be a "sticky" thread posted at the top.

HT really needs to announce Poe already. And TFA Han. And TFA Chewie. And Hux.

And TFA Luke.

sgikqc.jpg

TFA Luke is still a major want. Any SW announcement would be nice though.

OP updated with the awesome ESB Yoda.

Empire Strikes back Lando would be nice as I see him as one of the major characters. Also, hopefully C3PO and R2D2.

Other than those three a Jabba Figure perhaps.

Empire Strikes back Lando would be nice as I see him as one of the major characters. Also, hopefully C3PO and R2D2.

Other than those three a Jabba Figure perhaps.

Lando's a given for the ESB line.

As are:

-Jedi Training Gear Luke
-Bespin Han (with Carbonite)
-Bespin Luke 2.0
-Bespin Chewbacca (with disassembled Threepio in backpack)
-Bespin Leia
-Snowtrooper

Maybe:

-Vader with meditation pod and removable helmet (Sebastian Shaw sculpt) *they might just save the whole figure for ROTJ
-Hoth Luke
-Hoth Han
-Hoth Leia
-Wampa
-Tauntaun

Long shots:

-Boba Fett
-Dengar
-Bossk
-IG-88
-4-Lom
-Suckuss
-Lobot

I think the correct spelling is Suckass.

I got a feeling that we may get a Yoda from Hot Toys soon.

Seems like a natural 2nd ESB figure after Luke.
He has never been done "right" and even if he's an alien, Hot Toys could make a jump in quality.

I would bet for these 2 sculpts:

View attachment 197506

View attachment 197505

And maybe a light-up flashlight and a backpack exclusive. Guess I am totally wrong. :rotfl

I was right...! almost totally right lol

If I have to guess now, I think Hot Toys next OT figure will be... Emperor Palpatine or ROTJ Luke.

Those two check all the typical marks: released a long time ago, high demand from fans, main character, iconic representation...

And I hate it, because I have a Sideshow Yoda, I am going to keep, and I have a kitbash Jedi Luke I really want to keep.

I did love to see HT attempts the PT.

Back