The Hobbits coming to Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Sideshow eye ;)

I thought SS would eventually do something from The Hobbit, and it would be just perfect if they did PF's, then we have every angle covered and every collector catered for -

Weta - statues
Sideshow - PF's
Gentle Giant - busts
Bridge Direct - 1/6 scale figures.

Win for everyone.

So far Gentle Giant's busts are just that -- a bust! Give me the 1/4 scale busts of SS/W quality!

I was thinking about collecting the Weta Dwarves but now I want to see what SS comes up with.

I just can't believe that they'll do PFs of all the dwarves though. They'll probably start off with another Gandalf. :(

I was thinking about collecting the Weta Dwarves but now I want to see what SS comes up with.

I just can't believe that they'll do PFs of all the dwarves though. They'll probably start off with another Gandalf. :(

I can see Bilbo, Thorin, Gandalf, and of course an
Spoiler Spoiler:
Maybe a few characters from the other two movies, but Sideshow is pretty damn slow recently.

So damn excited about this. Bring me a Thorin PF. Anything aside from that is a bonus. Would be amazing to get all the Dwarves but with Sideshow's track record I don't see that happening.

I can see Bilbo, Thorin, Gandalf, and of course an
Spoiler Spoiler:
Maybe a few characters from the other two movies, but Sideshow is pretty damn slow recently.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't know if I should be happy or sad about this news because I was just about to start collecting Weta Hobbit statue line :( Now if SS makes a maquette line similar to Lotr I'd prefer them..

Does anyone have any idea as to when SS will make a proper announcement for the line?

I don't know what type of lycense Sideshow has got (I think that's the PF, but I don't know) but it's a very good new for me...more choices to get more Middle Erath good items...a very good new for me, really

This is good to hear! Long as I get a Thorin 1/6 fig I am happy. Not a big PF fan

WETA have the 1/6 line unless people are talking about the failed poseable line. PF's are a possibility but only on limited characters as there are several still outstanding from the LOTR series such as Boromir, Gimli etc :dunno

So does it mean that if Weta has a 1/6 line SS can't have one too? Or both companies can make 1/6 statues of the same license?

Could be SS doing statues just in a different scale like 1:5 or 1:4. I don't know though how all this works.

Its beyond confusing figuring it all out. Still don't get why SS wouldn't PO a piece or two NOW with all the weekend buzz to grab the NRDs on newbie collectors. I assume this means the licensing was settled too recently to allow them to get product to market.

Yeah, has to be pretty close to just finishing up. Came out of comic-con pretty sure SS would have no part of The Hobbit.

Yea, umm, all those damn dwarves at $300-350 a piece ain't gonna happen as pfs, maybe the maquette line, but I don't see how anyone but hardcore fans would even collect more than a couple of them. I doubt they will do another gandalf pf to be honest cause there's nothing to add to him that the first doesn't have . The original was perfect.

Azog on his white warg!

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure I would get one, but since they did a rwos, why not do those scary looking wargs? SS never did a 1/4
Spoiler Spoiler:

I would love if Weta handled the 15 main guys 1/6 scale and include human size characters(Radagast,elves) then leave the 1/6 beasts to Sideshow(Azog/warg,Goblin King,Beorn,Eagle,Trolls,etc)(Goblin King would be $350 if made by SS instead of $500 if Weta did em for example)...That would be my hope

Back