The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know why PJ decided to make Smaug a wyvern in DOS?

In AUJ he has forelegs like a traditional dragon, but in DOS he only has hind legs.

You can see that they altered the forelegs to clawed wings in the EE.

From AUJ:

smaug-theatrical2.gif

From AUJ Extended Edition:

smaug-extended2.gif

I remember watching an AUJ interview with PJ where he stated he hadn't finalized the design for Smaug for AUJ because they had so many other things going on. I suppose it sort of makes sense, since Smaug wasn't seen in full until DOS.

It's sort of like the Gollum in the Fellowship of the Ring vs. Gollum in all the other films.

Reign of Fire. 40% rottentomatoes critic score and 43 million at the box office. You're just now learning that very few people agree that it was "awesome?"

I'm sorry, but I have the luxury of not giving a **** about anything you just said there. I just watch a movie and give it my opinion, rottentomatoes? Critics? Dude....WHO CARES. :slap

stop thinking for yourself people.
Allow others' opinions and numbers tell you what you like .... :lecture

I do prefer a Wyvern style dragon.
Reign of Fire has my favorite dragon design, but I have yet to see DOS, so jury is still out on personal preference...

Reign of Fire. 40% rottentomatoes critic score and 43 million at the box office. You're just now learning that very few people agree that it was "awesome?"

I liked it! :D

I don't pay any attention at all to RottenTomatoes anymore.

I'm sorry, but I have the luxury of not giving a **** about anything you just said there. I just watch a movie and give it my opinion, rottentomatoes? Critics? Dude....WHO CARES. :slap

Then why did you ask what I was talking about. I'm the one who should have been surprised that you thought Reign of Fire was awesome. Your opinion is the anomaly, not mine.

I don't give a rip what critics or audiences like but I don't go around acting surprised when someone says they hate Sucker Punch.

stop thinking for yourself people.
Allow others' opinions and numbers tell you what you like .... :lecture

I do prefer a Wyvern style dragon.
Reign of Fire has my favorite dragon design, but I have yet to see DOS, so jury is still out on personal preference...

I'm surprised that so many people know what a wyvern is. I've never heard the term outside of D&D.

Back