The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the same rules should apply to the Hobbit as for every other movies...spoilers shouldn't be discussed without tags until the movie comes out, unless we want two separate threads...with spoilers and spoiler free.:dunno

I think the same rules should apply to the Hobbit as for every other movies...spoilers shouldn't be discussed without tags until the movie comes out, unless we want two separate threads...with spoilers and spoiler free.:dunno

I agree and disagree. This isn't something new like The Avengers where it's all really brand new. The Hobbit has been around for a while and outcomes are pretty well known. However, some aren't going to read the books so the outcomes will be new to them. It's just gonna be something that's gonna be hit and miss here.

Spoiler alert...Darth Vader is Luke's father!...I'm serious man!...I can't believe it!....Would it be something if Azog was Thorin's Dad...LOL...JK

Surely since the book has been out for almost 70 years no spoiler tags are needed.

428306_10151267975994821_506276671_n.jpg

I figure the book is practically 100 years old, if you haven't read the tiny thing by now, you deserve to be spoiled.

But for the NEW additions (like Breakfast with Sauraman in pt 1) should be kept forbidden as real spoilers unless revealed in a trailer. Anything in the original book should be fair game.

I figure the book is practically 100 years old, if you haven't read the tiny thing by now, you deserve to be spoiled.

But for the NEW additions (like Breakfast with Sauraman in pt 1) should be kept forbidden as real spoilers unless revealed in a trailer. Anything in the original book should be fair game.

Yes I think I agree with that. :lecture

Spoiler Spoiler:
I just think the second film has so much going for it ...It doesnt need Smaugs death...leave that for the finale.....We all know the second film will deal with Beorn,High Fells, Dol Guldur,crappy time in the forest, Spiders,Elven imprisonment,Barrel riding, Laketown, climbing Erebor,Thrushes,keys and keyholes as well as Burglaring Smaug and having a conversation with Smaug...plenty of action, drama,etc,etc. for a 2 1/2 to 3 hour flick not to mention EE DVDs..
Spoiler Spoiler:

If you haven't read the book, which has been out for over 70 years, or seen the cartoon...then that's your own damn fault! :lecture

If you can't bother to read the source material and don't want to be spoiled...then stay out.

exactly...and that's how I feel for every thread...Dont wanna know then dont look

Spoiler Spoiler:
I just think the second film has so much going for it ...It doesnt need Smaugs death...leave that for the finale.....We all know the second film will deal with Beorn,High Fells, Dol Guldur,crappy time in the forest, Spiders,Elven imprisonment,Barrel riding, Laketown, climbing Erebor,Thrushes,keys and keyholes as well as Burglaring Smaug and having a conversation with Smaug...plenty of action, drama,etc,etc. for a 2 1/2 to 3 hour flick not to mention EE DVDs..
Spoiler Spoiler:

Part 1 was fantastic but part 2 is going to be really really good.

I'm dying to see the Trailer

U and me both. I expect we will see one before comic-con. I'm hoping they will put so,etching at the end of film 1 and give folks another reason to go back.

If we assume the film will go for 160min then comparing it to UEJ should give us a decent idea on how far the story will progress.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back