The Hobbit and LOTR Movie Tie-In books

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is basically a kids activity book but has plenty of pics and info on the first movie. Even some pics of things we hadn't seen before this came out. It's worth getting IMO.

I got mine from amazon.ca Right now it's only available in Canada and the uk. Some secondary sellers in the us are getting it but I opted to get it brand new as the ones listed were like new. I found what appears to be a similar book that will be available from the us amazon in November. I figured if I could get it now why not.

Thanks Josh for sharing! :clap Great pics! Awesome book. I'll get one (or two) when it reaches Aussie shores (hopefully). Any spoilers in the book, like the characters, etc.?

No problem. :duff Yeah, you get a few most of them are out now of course but it was nice to look at them up close.

Untitled_zps80e2d4a3.jpg

This one is still little known as far as I know. Only available for pre-order in the UK, my order is placed. They do lovely hard covers in the UK vs the US. I love the simplistic cover artwork.

[ame]https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0007487304/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00[/ame]

Just got my Hobbit Annual book from Amazon. Not thrilled with it being a game kinda book but it's cool none the less and at $12 you can't go wrong.

Barnes and Nobles stores are starting to keep a table devoted to LOTR/Hobbit books. I just bought the Beastiary Guide (not a new book).

When LOTR was over and done i found i had so much stuff i didn't really need that i bought for the hell of it. I'm going to be more strict with what i buy this time, especially with all the statues that are going to be coming out. I'll buy Weta's making of The Hobbit, but that's probably about it, save a couple of posters.
Although my mum did get me The Hobbit annual last weekend on a supermarket trip for £4, which was nice!

When LOTR was over and done i found i had so much stuff i didn't really need that i bought for the hell of it. I'm going to be more strict with what i buy this time, especially with all the statues that are going to be coming out. I'll buy Weta's making of The Hobbit, but that's probably about it, save a couple of posters.
Although my mum did get me The Hobbit annual last weekend on a supermarket trip for £4, which was nice!

I agree. Right now I have a ten by ten by ten storage bin filled with LOTR stuff from just about every manufacturer. This time, its going to be different. I have no use for the LEGO stuff and the Bridge figures seem cheap in quality and higher in price than either the Toy Biz line or the Armies of Middle earth line (still my personal favorite).

The WETA stuff looks to be two or three times the cost of the Sideshow figures as well.

I too will exercise both patience and restraint on HOBBIT merchandise.

I'll definately buy the Weta statues and the video games, including the Lego versions, but not the actual Lego.... and the 'making of' The Hobbit books.

I will get several of the statues from Weta, figures from TBD, and I'll get all the books.

Picked up today from Dymocks The Hobbit: AUJ movie tie-in books: Almanac 2013 (Annual 2013 in the US), and Official Movie Guide :yess:. Both published by Harper Collins. The OMG is filled with many nice pictures and stories and articles (I haven't finished reading them yet, some good spoilers too!). Some photos from the pages of the book:

8174856312_2207976955_b.jpg

Back:
8174821673_6416f1d967_b.jpg

Radagast The Brown. A statue of this wizard is gonna be awesome!
8174819277_1099bc761e_b.jpg

The dwarves. What are the chances that Weta is gonna release the statue of every single dwarf? We now know that Balin, Dwalin and Bombur are coming soon. What about the rest of the company?
8174818285_28920985e6_b.jpg

The Goblin King. Maybe this photo is a foreshadowing of a Weta statue on the horizon? Not a bad thought at all! :clap
8174817039_135b6e8db5_b.jpg

Back